Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2019, 12:03   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
3. Horrible side stand, that breaks once a year for everybody, and costs a whopping 13000 bucks to replace. It is a spindly aluminum unit that can't take the weight of the bike if you have luggage tied to it. Also there are idiots sitting on the bike taking pics, so you don't know who's adding extra weight on the side stand when you have left the bike unattended.
Most likely the service centre personal are the culprits on this. I have noticed this more than once in Triumph and other brands service centrers, in India, that often these guys use the side stand as a pivot to trurn the bike around in the confined spaces in the workshop area and even in the showroom area.

They also tend to do this to check the free movement of the handle, head raze and the front wheel

The whole weight of bike comes on these side stands and eventually they fail. Its not a design fault but likely a handling fault, I would say.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 14th February 2019, 19:34   #122
BHPian

Triumph launches the 2019 Street Twin and Street Scrambler in India and they are cheaper than outgoing models

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/2...-rs-7-45-lakh/
http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/2...-rs-8-55-lakh/

Clearly RE effect!
timuseravan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 22:01   #123
BHPian

I am being offered a used 2017 model street twin run 11000 km for approx Rs 5.2 lakh. Is it a reasonable price to pay for a model which has just been phased out.
nik hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 09:57   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I am being offered a used 2017 model street twin run 11000 km for approx Rs 5.2 lakh. Is it a reasonable price to pay for a model which has just been phased out.
I was highly unimpressed by 2018 street twin in comparison to RE Interceptor. I would suggest you test drive the RE twins first and then buy the Interceptor
Not only will you get factory warranty but also save 2lakh in the process.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 11:03   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Sounds like a good deal. The REs are beautiful and rupee for rupee new bike better value for money. But the street twin is superior in every way and just still feels like the real deal. At 5.2 lakh that's decent value. The upgrades to newer models are not significant enough to disregard the 2017 twin.
Old 21st March 2019, 20:55   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Sounds like a good deal. The REs are beautiful and rupee for rupee new bike better value for money. But the street twin is superior in every way and just still feels like the real deal. At 5.2 lakh that's decent value. The upgrades to newer models are not significant enough to disregard the 2017 twin.
Thanks for the feedback, can you please help me with the details of expected maintenance related expenses since the bike has already done 11000 plus km, my better half is concerned that the bike has already run 11000 km and that's too much in her thinking.
Old 21st March 2019, 21:39   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's a good deal esp if you shave off 20k. But I suggest you take a ride on the open roads on a street twin. Not having a 6th gear to me is a big miss since the bike feels strained above 100. You keep looking for the 6th with your feet. I don't know why Triumph gave the 6th only to the T120. If you are usually going to be in the city, then it's a great city bike. Way superior in all aspects compared to the RE. But then you get what you pay for clearly and RE is tremendous value at its price point.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 21st March 2019 at 21:40.
Old 24th March 2019, 21:17   #128
BHPian

I took a long ride on the offered street twin today. Luckily it being a Sunday, traffic was moderate and i could enjoy the ride. best part about the bike is that there is no learning curve involved and the ergonomics are just perfect. it felt like i have been riding this bike since ages. What i also felt was that the feedback from brakes was inadequate though in terms of bringing the bike to a halt there was nothing lacking. I really missed the sixth gear on the bike and the bike seems to be capable of much more and i was often looking for the elusive 6th gear. The front tyre seemed worn out and needs to be replaced, a few scratches and dings on the fuel tank, rest no major issues with the bike.
I also took a ride on the other contender in my list ie Harley Davidson street rod but did not find ergonomics suitable for me and didn't feel as easy to ride as street twin.
I had also ridden the interceptor a few days back and found that bike to be the most easy and fun to ride amongst the three. Plus as mentioned above the charm of riding a new bike is altogether different.
So street rod is out of contention now and i am now contemplating between used street twin and interceptor.
nik hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 08:44   #129
Team-BHP Support

Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, can you please help me with the details of expected maintenance related expenses since the bike has already done 11000 plus km, my better half is concerned that the bike has already run 11000 km and that's too much in her thinking.

I cant comment off hand in service cost beat to check might be 7-8k once a year or 10000 kms. 11000 kms for these machines is not a lot.

The interceptor is a beautiful machine in itself and if you felt you liked it as much as the street twin you should go for it. Personally I feel the street twin is a couple of notches superior and it also tugs the desirability factor in a different way.

On the missing 6th gear I totally agree and even I've found that very annoying. Just one thing though. It's something you might get used to as you realise you can let the RPM go much higher than the point you're thinking of moving next gear and it'll simply keep the whack going on and on. But that's something you realise over a period of time. Try and see if you can get a showroom rest ride bike and let the throttle out well over the point you felt the missing 6th. And see how that experience feels if it works for you.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:30   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Brutus View Post
As such I do not have an OTR price, as the motorcycle has been purchased in Bombay but will not be registered in Bombay. For me personally the OTR price will be higher than the one for a vehicle registered in Bombay, as expenses will be incurred on the transport of the motorcycle to Goa and the transit insurance, add to that the cost of registration there and the usual agent’s charges and of course the other expenses which cannot be put down I writing.

Below are the costs incurred by me so far.
Purchase of Triumph “Street Twin” from Shaman Motors Pvt. Ltd.
Cost of Vehicle 7,70,000
Cost of the Cranberry Red 13,000
Miscellaneous Charges (Delivery, Documentation, Road Side
Assistance, Temporary Registration + GST on the above) 30,744
Insurance 35,597
Total 8,49,341
Less: Discount 1,00,000
Cost of motorcycle 7,49,341

Cost of Accessories:

Essential:
Dresser Bar Kit Black 12,799
Aluminium Sump Plate – Black 10,665
CNC Fork Protectors 4,265
Knee Pad Kit 5,865
Others:
Waxed Cotton Panniers Olive (left) 22,123
Body Cover (not original) 3,500
Total 59,217

Add to that the cost of fitting the accessories, for which I have yet to be billed.
I have received a discount of Rs.1,00,000 which is on offer only upto the end of the month.
What's the road tax that you paid on this bike? How much more was the OTR above the 7.4L price of the bike?
Old 25th March 2019, 17:56   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
What's the road tax that you paid on this bike? How much more was the OTR above the 7.4L price of the bike?
The bike was not 7.4 but 7.7
The older bike was a CKD and now it is a CBU so the taxes will be higher, hence Triumph have reduced the price a bit. The RTO tax paid by me was Rs.96,440 - MH 01
Old 2nd May 2019, 16:32   #132
BHPian

Booked my 2019 Street Twin at KEETHI (Bangalore), last week.
On road price: 9,71,408.00

Cancelled my RE (continental GT) after continuous delays.
That's where the pain begins.

The dreaded loan processing was done within 1 day and the rest of the amount was cleared within the next 2-3 days. I was informed that due to some new rules in RTO, registration will take 3-4 days. After that PD will take 2-3 days. Then accessories will be done on the day of delivery.

As of now, I'm still waiting for them to get back as the sales consultant has gone on leave and despite me asking for updates, there is no response. (The other sales consultant assigned has no clue what's happening)

I selected a special number after going through MoRTH website and the RTO where it is available and the cost was clearly mentioned. Although I understand that dealers make some money out of the insurance you buy (if bought from the dealership), I didn't mind since the amount was around 3-4K more that what I was getting outside.

For the special number, they decided to charge me 2-3K more that what the RTO asked for. At first they said tried passing it off by saying we need to pay our executives. Then I was told that management would be consulted and I'll get a call back in sometime. That is yet to happen.

So yes, Street Twin is a great bike. Had to choose between this and Triple S (due to discounts, and interest rates, I was getting it at just 1.5L more than the Twin). But comfort wise, and as a daily driver, the Twin made more sense.

Will keep you guys posted once I hear from them.

Till then, cheers!
dextertuned is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 20:02   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertuned View Post

For the special number, they decided to charge me 2-3K more that what the RTO asked for.
Congratulations. For the special number I actually went and booked it myself at Mumbai RTO. No agent required and it took all of 20 mins and no unofficial payment whatsoever. I dont know if things are different in Bangalore.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:50   #134
Senior - BHPian

Triumph Street Twin & Bonneville T120

Quote:

Cancelled my RE (continental GT) after continuous delays.
That's where the pain begins.

The dreaded loan processing was done within 1 day and the rest of the amount was cleared within the next 2-3 days. I was informed that due to some new rules in RTO, registration will take 3-4 days. After that PD will take 2-3 days. Then accessories will be done on the day of delivery.

As of now, I'm still waiting for them to get back as the sales consultant has gone on leave and despite me asking for updates, there is no response. (The other sales consultant assigned has no clue what's happening)

I selected a special number after going through MoRTH website and the RTO where it is available and the cost was clearly mentioned. Although I understand that dealers make some money out of the insurance you buy (if bought from the dealership), I didn't mind since the amount was around 3-4K more that what I was getting outside.

For the special number, they decided to charge me 2-3K more that what the RTO asked for. At first they said tried passing it off by saying we need to pay our executives. Then I was told that management would be consulted and I'll get a call back in sometime. That is yet to happen.

So yes, Street Twin is a great bike. Had to choose between this and Triple S (due to discounts, and interest rates, I was getting it at just 1.5L more than the Twin). But comfort wise, and as a daily driver, the Twin made more sense.

Will keep you guys posted once I hear from them.

Till then, cheers!
Congratulations man! Premium products are never about VFM so it's okay that you spent 3 times over RE for this (for a comparable, but much high quality product) as long as you are happy with what you got...

Do you mind sharing what offer were you getting on the Street Triple? Does the Striple have slipper clutch?

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 3rd May 2019 at 09:51.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:48   #135
BHPian

Quote:

Till then, cheers!
Congratulations dextertuned!

Be very mindful of the PDI process and the overall motorcycle cleanliness by the showroom guys. They messed up mine during delivery.

BTW I took delivery of 2018 ST very recently.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks