Old 30th March 2016, 22:16   #32
BHPian

Re: Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Gets a saree guard too

Attachment 1492292

But that front number plate bracket looks horrid

I like the two-piece integration of the saree guard though.

So much better than the likes of Ninja 650 or CBR 250.

Photo courtesy: Overdrive.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-suzukihayabusackd3.jpg  

Old 30th March 2016, 23:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

That front number plate bracket looks prohibitively hideous. Execution could have been so much better in terms of design.But truth be told there are not many places on the front end where the plate can be mounted.

Last edited by bigron : 30th March 2016 at 23:58.
Old 31st March 2016, 09:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
what to say , CKD number plate bracket , probably saree guard is still missing

They could have got something better done surely
That number plate bracket has to be one of the ugliest things I have seen on a bike. They could have really tried a bit harder.
Old 31st March 2016, 09:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I agree wholeheartedly.
Indians might be ready to accept the superbikes with increased earnings and affordability. But Indian roads aren't even remotely ready to enjoy such superbikes. Once in a while, these bikes might hit the true speed and thrills on our roads, otherwise it will be mostly a showcase piece (just attract attention).
Where are you ridding from? I ride very often with a group of my friends all on Litre bikes and most of the highways are more than good enough to ride at high speed safely. Also out of Bangalore, you have options to go on twisty roads, straight high speed highways. Also most superbike riders I know (including me) don't even take their bikes out unless going on a highway and never in the city, so I don't get how you call all superbike owners attention seekers?

Manson made a good point, it is never the machine that causes a accident. In India like every other country there are some things you need to be aware of and ride accordingly. Ridding safely is upto the rider - I see more accidents with guys showing off on a Duke 200 than a guy with a litre class bike.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 14:39   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

That number plate bracket would be the first one to go as soon as one gets the bike! Hideous contraption! Most busa's i have seen have number as a sticker on the front bumper
Old 31st March 2016, 14:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I agree wholeheartedly.
Indians might be ready to accept the superbikes with increased earnings and affordability. But Indian roads aren't even remotely ready to enjoy such superbikes. Once in a while, these bikes might hit the true speed and thrills on our roads, otherwise it will be mostly a showcase piece (just attract attention).
Totally agree with you. Our roads are not the best of places to ride superbikes.
Only if each state had a track we would be sorted.

On the other hand this busa pricing has opened up the used bikes market. Iam already seeing 2010 busa going for 9.75ish rather than the 10.50 that they demand.
Old 7th April 2016, 17:24   #38
BHPian

I am an experienced Rider and understand bigger litre bikes need more attention to skill and patience and control on them when riding in Indian cities. I have not been riding since couple of years prior to getting my car.

I like Suzuki Bikes more often compared to any other manufacturer. Be it looks or performance and my taste of styling of a bike. I dont have much options in 600-900CC in India. Though the price bracket for 600-800cc in India is mostly around 12-14L, I feel its rather better to buy a Liter bike than shelling almost same amount of money for bikes less than 1000cc. The 600-800cc bikes in India arent comfortable enough as I have had a chance to drive them around through couple of friends. They are more of Track bikes than City use bike.

My Priority is as below:
- Should be comfortable to ride even if it is used everyday.
- should be easily serviceable and change of parts should not be much of headache.
- I consider resale value as well so I think more of a good hit model than buying something that I may have to regret.

I have few questions..

1. Is it a must once must have owned or has drove a 600-800cc to understand the liter bikes? I know of few friends who never owned 600 or 800cc bikes but they drive their litre bikes lot better and are more knowledgeable.

2. Pros/cons for daily use - is Naked better or Supersport/faired bikes ? in terms of maintenance too ?

3. I have plans of buying either a Used GSX1000RR or Hayabusa, what would be permissible budget which can be considered a good buy ?

4. I am planning to keep the bike atleast for couple of years (3 max) considering the resale value is it good to buy New and how long to be kept if we are not to lose more value on resale ?

5. Pros/Cons of buying Used/New ? My apprehension is if used bike is bad then also I am losing more money even if I buy it for less + the head ache of fixing things in the bike.

6. Any checklist to refer to for buying used superbikes in India ? What to look for and look out for ?

7. Finally any learning schools in Bangalore or nearby to hone skills for riding superbikes ?

Please direct me to any relevant or helpful posts. I tried searching may be I didnt get the relevant results.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 00:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post

1. Is it a must once must have owned or has drove a 600-800cc to understand the liter bikes?
I'm not sure which all bikes you've ridden earlier, but if you are at least used to the power of bikes like RD 350 or Duke 390, it just might be a tad easier.

Alternatively, you can rent a 600-800cc bike from one of the rentals in Bangalore to get an idea of the kind of power they make and how judiciously you need to use your right wrist.

Quote:
2. Pros/cons for daily use - is Naked better or Supersport/faired bikes ? in terms of maintenance too ?
If I were you, I'd pick a naked for a daily use. Much less headache while parking; attracts less attention and lesser plastics to worry about. Not to mention, the seating is much more comfortable for daily use.

Quote:
3. I have plans of buying either a Used GSX1000RR or Hayabusa, what would be permissible budget which can be considered a good buy ?
Depends on the year of manufacture of the model. Dan has, for example, given a ballpark figure for a 2010 Hayabusa.

Quote:
4. I am planning to keep the bike atleast for couple of years (3 max) considering the resale value is it good to buy New and how long to be kept if we are not to lose more value on resale ?
The Indian used superbike market is still not as organized as, say the four wheeler market. So, it is difficult to say as such. But, if you know your bike or have someone who can inspect it, I'd always advise a pre-worshipped example.

Quote:
6. Any checklist to refer to for buying used superbikes in India ? What to look for and look out for ?
Rent a big bike for a few days. See if you like the tandoor between your legs while riding around town. Then come to a decision. Because once you put down your money, there's no turning back.

Last edited by manson : 23rd September 2016 at 20:32.
dreamseller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 01:09   #40
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of threads to help you make your decision :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ike-india.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...-10-lakhs.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3645103

https://www.wickedride.com/
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 17:31   #41
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Hayabusa v/s Ninja ZX-14R comparison test by Autocar India!

PPS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 15:41   #42
BHPian

Any Team-BHPian attended this ceremony?

Quote:
Suzuki celebrates Hayabusa Day in eight cities.

Suzuki celebrated the inaugural Hayabusa Day across eight cities in the country on August 21. Conducted in Delhi, Pune, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Bhubaneswar and Hyderabad, this ride was organised to promote riding culture among owners of the iconic Suzuki GSX-1300R Hayabusa.
Soruce: Bikewale

Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-worldhayabusadaysuzuki_827x510_51471871825.jpg

Regards,
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 21:55   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki handholds Suzuki Motorcycle in India.
Quote:
They (Suzuki Motor Corporation and its management) recognise the success of Maruti Suzuki. They hope we will also reach a large scale in future. We wish to make a strong foundation in India
Plans to harness the strengths of Maruti Suzuki. The key initiatives include appointment of several Maruti Suzuki dealers as sellers of Suzuki two-wheelers and increasing the base of common component suppliers between the two companies.

Quote:
As a conscious effort, we are trying to get good Maruti Suzuki car dealers on board to sell our two-wheelers. Many of them are excited to sell our superbikes like Hayabusa
Quote:
Same set of vendors (who supply to Maruti Suzuki) can be used for many components to bring costs down
R C Bhargava, chairman of Maruti Suzuki -
Quote:
Both the companies are promoted by Suzuki. We have a much longer experience of the Indian market. We can help them (two-wheeler business) to the extent it does not impact the interests of our company and its shareholders. They can get advantage of our bargaining strength for raw materials.
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th September 2016 at 21:59.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 15:07   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Hayabusa assembly line in India,

Quote:
Currently it takes ten hours to assemble the ‘Busa in India. It could be faster, but Suzuki has chosen to take things slow, and layer quality checks upon quality checks to make sure things are done right. It takes four workers and two supervisors to complete the assembly. The vehicle check is then conducted by an operator and a supervisor. Material handling also involves a supervisor overseeing two operators
Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-0.jpg
Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-h3.jpg
Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-h5.jpg
Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-h6.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st October 2016 at 15:10.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 16:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

2017 Hayabusa deliveries have commenced in India, with the first bike delivered to a customer in Delhi. Colours for 2017 are Blue, White and I guess Black (couldn't find pics of the black bike) with different graphics (strips running over the the headlight, tank and cowl).

My personal favorite is the Pearl Vigor Blue shade.

Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-a9dd9e2fc14944bbb3a2fb36df038c68.jpg

Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-5287996d29874f5ca13f5e13f5a7b32f.jpg

Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-f428b7f5effd456ebae50d335c7b8b70.jpg

Suzuki starts local assembly of Hayabusa. Price - Rs. 13.57 lakh-cdfd53d1a17541d99d744c2ff3d1b78d.jpg

Name:  F910783FB3A54776B7875DF090A812B1.png
Views: 1192
Size:  197.9 KB

Walkaround video of the 2017 Blue and White shade.

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/2017-suzuki...-12151322.html

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%.../GSX1300R.aspx

Indian Suzuki website is not yet updated
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks