Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 15:26   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Eyes! 2nd version please!

In terms of reflective, just the eyes and the Indian tri color around would be great. Would be super mean at night. Everything reflective would be over the top.

And I will be needing a sticker!

Last edited by Red Liner : 28th April 2016 at 15:31.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 15:42   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 11,500 kms !!!

Thank you guys for your feedback !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Eyes! 2nd version please!

In terms of reflective, just the eyes and the Indian tri color around would be great. Would be super mean at night. Everything reflective would be over the top. And I will be needing a sticker!
Not just sticker but, a t-shirt is also in the pipe-line for our all india meet in Sep'16 in Nagpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Use the second version but make the eyes less obvious.
Thanks Navin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Second version, but the eyes can be a bit more transparent to reveal more details of the headlamp. Currently, the animal is more visible than the bike. Would like it the other way around.
Awesome feedback. Will pass it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
The first one is better IMO. The border colors can include white which can resemble Indian flag. Also, the first design in reflective white over the matt black finish of the versys will look fabulous.
Thanks for the feedback. We all liked the first but, were blown over when he produced the second one

I reckon incorporating a few changes to second one will make it look mean
Old 28th April 2016, 16:03   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thank you guys for your feedback !!!

Not just sticker but, a t-shirt is also in the pipe-line for our all india meet in Sep'16 in Nagpur
I read about the all India meet elsewhere. Why in blazes is it in a place like nagpur?! Why not the hills? Or am I missing something? I know the hepco guys are based out of nagpur, are they putting this together?
Old 28th April 2016, 16:29   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 11,500 kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I read about the all India meet elsewhere. Why in blazes is it in a place like nagpur?! Why not the hills? Or am I missing something? I know the hepco guys are based out of nagpur, are they putting this together?
It is purely our initiative and location is suggested by me (Orange city is not that bad....been there a couple of times in past....actually drove past) and everyone agreed

Nagpur is epicenter for most folks coming in from Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad

Delhi anyway is far but, we have a few coming in from there too
Old 28th April 2016, 22:39   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is purely our initiative and location is suggested by me (Orange city is not that bad....been there a couple of times in past....actually drove past) and everyone agreed

Nagpur is epicenter for most folks coming in from Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad

Delhi anyway is far but, we have a few coming in from there too
Well, I was just curious. I guessed an adventure location with a bit of adventure riding thrown in would have been more apt for an adventure bike. Lol. Let's see how things pan out. Keep us posted here about developments!
Old 1st May 2016, 11:40   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

It was time to test a new product that I procured " Hyperkewl" and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise

For Saturday ride, I got up and first thing I did was soak this jacket in a bucket of water while I got ready

Just before heading out, I gentle squeezed excess water out and wore it for our ride to Vikarabad which was 120kms away

It was one of the most "Chilling" rides of my lifetime

Felt great to ride with a cool body and it made a lot of difference when riding back around 9:00am when the sun was beginning to rear up it's head and show it's fiery eyes

Versys 650 owner's decided to bring the kid in us out and posed for some standing on foot-peg pics

That reminds me. I have made it a habit now to stand on foot-pegs every 50kms or so for a couple of minutes and trust me it feels extremely relaxing and when your butt lands back on the seat, it feels bliss and you can continue the ride fresh

Alright time for a few pics I reckon.....
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-11.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-12.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-13.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_5489.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-7.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-5.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-6.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st May 2016 at 11:42.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 09:07   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

On a separate note, completed 2000kms in ~ 2 months timeframe after not riding much

These 2000kms has been a blissful and trouble free experience and hope the good run continues

Just waiting for weather to change so some real long rides can be undertaken !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-10.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:11   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was time to test a new product that I procured " Hyperkewl" and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise
Any further reviews for this Hyperkewl jacket would be very helpful. Do share your feedback on the same. Does it wet the inside clothes? How far does it hold in the sun?
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:09   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Any further reviews for this Hyperkewl jacket would be very helpful. Do share your feedback on the same. Does it wet the inside clothes? How far does it hold in the sun?
I have used it only once and it was during the time 6:00am-9:30am when the weather is typically not that hot. My first experience with Hyperkewl was nice as it kept me cool through out this ride period

Once you remove the jacket from the bucket of water, gently squeeze it and wear it on your t-shirt and it will not really wet the t-shirt but, there is a general wet feeling inside

Protective jacket can be worn on top of this Hyperkewl vest

It's real test will be on a day-long ride which I'm not sure when I can do in near future. Each dip in water for 5-10 mins is supposed to keep you cool for atleast 3-4 hours

Overall, it's a good investment as weather in our country is typically warm for atleast 8 months of a year
Old 4th May 2016, 08:39   #145
BHPian

Quote:
I have used it only once and it was during the time 6:00am-9:30am when the weather is typically not that hot. My first experience with Hyperkewl was nice as it kept me cool through out this ride period

Once you remove the jacket from the bucket of water, gently squeeze it and wear it on your t-shirt and it will not really wet the t-shirt but, there is a general wet feeling inside

Protective jacket can be worn on top of this Hyperkewl vest

It's real test will be on a day-long ride which I'm not sure when I can do in near future. Each dip in water for 5-10 mins is supposed to keep you cool for atleast 3-4 hours

Overall, it's a good investment as weather in our country is typically warm for atleast 8 months of a year
Just to add what mobike has said, I have the triumph cooling vest and it's similar in the way it works to the Hyper Kool. In places with low humidity, it's a real boon. In humid, muggy weather (like what we have in Bombay), it's horrible and you just feel clammy.

Triumph sells the vest for 4,000 which is really competitive in my opinion.
Old 4th May 2016, 18:59   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Triumph sells the vest for 4,000 which is really competitive in my opinion.
They sell it for 4.5K here in Hyd but, Hyperkewl is for 2.8K but, due to stock getting over, new stock was priced at 3K

For all you know Triumph must be sourcing from the same American company and branding it and selling at higher price

So 4K is certainly not competitive
Old 6th May 2016, 09:31   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

A comparison picture wanted to share from a few days but, work and travel is phewwww

Seat height comparison of Tiger 800 vs. Versys 650 vs. Tiger Explorer 1200

It's a rare opportunity that you get sandwiched between these two big jungle cats

As you can see from picture, seat height of Versys is higher than Tiger 800 and wee bit lower than Tiger 1200
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_4852.jpg  

Old 6th May 2016, 12:34   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As you can see from picture, seat height of Versys is higher than Tiger 800 and wee bit lower than Tiger 1200
Also, we can see the seat tapering towards front on the versys is much more pronounced compared to the tiger brothers. Guess it could be as bike is positioned as sports tourer, hence a bit of forward incline.
lowering the seat incline a bit and 1.5" bar raisers could make the posture more upright. I guess, we may have to also use the footrest lowering kit from motowerk to get it perfect.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 20:35   #149
BHPian

Avinash, How do you cope up with the wind noise @ high speeds? I'm also having MT blade and find that wind noise is pretty irritating @ high speeds.
Old 9th May 2016, 22:13   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Avinash, How do you cope up with the wind noise @ high speeds? I'm also having MT blade and find that wind noise is pretty irritating @ high speeds.
Agree with you. MT Blade even though a very comfortable helmet has pretty high wind noise. I haven't given it much thought but, I plan to use ear-plugs for long runs. You know it's cheaper than plonking 20K-30K on a less wind-noise helmet

My runs have been pretty short till date ( 250kms round trip kind of rides) so I would crouch behind the windshield and that really helps a lot to cut out most wind at higher speeds

Most Viewed