Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 06:57   #151
BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 11,500 kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Agree with you. MT Blade even though a very comfortable helmet has pretty high wind noise. I haven't given it much thought but, I plan to use ear-plugs for long runs. You know it's cheaper than plonking 20K-30K on a less wind-noise helmet

My runs have been pretty short till date ( 250kms round trip kind of rides) so I would crouch behind the windshield and that really helps a lot to cut out most wind at higher speeds
Thanks for quick reply. I'm also looking for ear plugs. Any particular model in line? For me as of now no windshield in Z800.
Old 10th May 2016, 08:56   #152
BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 11,500 kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Thanks for quick reply. I'm also looking for ear plugs. Any particular model in line? For me as of now no windshield in Z800.
I use the 3M ear plugs, picked them from Amazon.in

do really help, cuts out a lot of noise. However a word of caution - it also cuts out the important traffic noise thus need to use the RVM's a lot more.
sanjbmw2001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 12:49   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
I use the 3M ear plugs, picked them from Amazon.in.
Are these disposal ones or reusable version?
Old 10th May 2016, 12:57   #154
BHPian

Quote:
These are reusable ones. Posted the link below. They are comfortable enough. My ride to work is about 60 mins.each way. While I know they are there but comfortable.

Hope you get the link.

http://www.amazon.in/Bosch-EPPLC27-R...ilpage_o08_s02
sanjbmw2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 13:19   #155
BHPian

http://shop.motousher.com/products/n...ion-by-nonoise

Anyone used these?
Said to be riding specific filtering out road noise but letting in horn/intercom audio.
Though a little pricey.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 13:54   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post

Anyone used these? Said to be riding specific filtering out road noise but letting in horn/intercom audio. Though a little pricey.
Little pricey? They are almost 10 times a regular ear plugs

But, from what I could make out from the video. Looks like a really specific motorcycling type of ear-plugs just reducing wind and other noise and still retaining other important road noise for situational awareness.

Would be really interested to know a user-feedback if anyone have used these plugs
Old 10th May 2016, 14:37   #157
BHPian

Quote:

But, from what I could make out from the video. Looks like a really specific motorcycling type of ear-plugs just reducing wind and other noise and still retaining other important road noise for situational awareness.

Would be really interested to know a user-feedback if anyone have used these plugs
I have slightly different take here. These are designed for non Indian road environ, which in all probability are much less noisy than ours.
I did read a lot on these ear plugs and the technology they use and user reviews.
Somehow, I found it hard to justify the price in India.

The Bosch I linked to in the earlier post do a pretty good job. Plus they are cheap enough to try out and if unsuitable throw them.
I have found them pretty good in Indian conditions as we have noisy road conditions.
sanjbmw2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 15:00   #158
BHPian

Quote:

I have used plugs which look extremely similar to these. I am not sure if they are from the same company though since I had used them a good 8 years ago.

I had used these when I was working in Aircraft Line Maintenance to save my ears from the sound of jet engines. They are comfortable but I cannot say if they will be so under a helmet.
Noise insulation is very good and we could still hold conversations with these on.
NiXTriX2004 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 15:14   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post

Anyone used these?
Said to be riding specific filtering out road noise but letting in horn/intercom audio.
Though a little pricey.
I've used these. They are good and did allow my scala headset's sound to come through. The only issue is they come without the cord so easy to loose / drop them. Many times while taking the helmet off, they have fallen off and rolled away. I worked out a jugaad using waxed black thread and a needle and worked out my own cord.
I also use the soft foam variety and these block wind and bike noise very well but don't allow me to hear through the scala communicator too well.
viper_711 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 13:47   #160
BHPian

I use "no-noise" and have found them useful. As Viper has stated, they filter the wind and exhaust noises enough to be comfortable on a long ride. However, the communicator is still clearly heard. They come in a handy metal canister that tassles to my key ring
Jayant06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 16:50   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Quote:
Check out this website for some 3M ones

http://www.urjakart.com/tools/safety...ection#/page/1

Light on your pocket. Most of the ear plugs tend to pick up dust and dirt from the ear and become unhygienic over a period of time. With these you can dispose and start with a new set for every long rides or starting a week.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 18:21   #162
Senior - BHPian

Seems there is a lull here for too long mobike008.

Were you able to fit the coocase on the bike? If so can you post a few pics and give your take on the pizza deliveries please.
Old 19th May 2016, 10:10   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Were you able to fit the coocase on the bike? If so can you post a few pics and give your take on the pizza deliveries please.
What a coincidence that you asked

Dark Knight was kept by the DIY folks for a day and they did a fantastic job

Need to get the pictures transferred from other source. Till then just a teaser
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7107.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 18:19   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

it's over 2 weeks that I got the Coocase and due to work and travel, I was not able to even think of getting it installed.

However, 3-4 days ago reached out to Kawasaki CBU showroom and their manager (Mohit) is a passionate DIY person and does this as part time hobby in evenings in a well appointed garage

They came on Tuesday and picked up the bike and returned it next day with Coocase installed. I think they did a fantastic job and retained the full functionality of the Coocase Top-case including the lights, alarm and remote functioning

They made a 3mm bracket to strengthen the baseplate (Thanks to Haroon for this advise) and got it fabricated and molded to suit the contours of rear portion of bike and was later powder coated and painted. They have also added rubber mountings on side to ensure the vibrations are not allowed

Now it's a super easy job of plugging the top-case and removing it from the baseplate. It takes < 30 secs or less

They delivered this on Wednesday night around 10:00pm at home and I took just a small spin of 2-3kms inside my colony since I had a 5:00am flight to catch and since I will be out of Hyderabad for next one week, I will not be able to do a detailed test ride to assess more about how it works.

However, my short ride was satisfactory.

They mentioned their might be a very light rattle (which I could hear since I was not wearing a helmet) and that will go away when the box is "Loaded".

With regards to LED lights, they stay ALWAYS on as they connected to a "extra connector" provided by Kawasaki so they absolutely did not cut any wires. These lights can be connected to brake lights but, for that you need to cut wires and I asked them to refrain from doing so

Overall, happy with clean installation (tall screws protruding at bottom of base-plate can be replaced with smaller one but, I was in a hurry to get the bike back) and the reasonable cost considering the service and convenience of picking and delivery of the bike from home

Time for a few pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7217.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7214.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7221.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7224.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7225.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7207.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7208.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7212.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7227.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_7226.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th May 2016 at 18:30.
mobike008 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 18:59   #165
Senior - BHPian

Congos, looks slick!

Any idea what the payload capacity of the rack is? And how much does the rack weigh by itself?
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed