Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 15:46   #691
Senior - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!

Instead of cable tie get something like the one in this link below. You can get this in bullet spares as they use this for tightening the oil overflow rubber tube (Old Cast iron used to have it in the left side and i still have them).

https://www.amazon.com/Fuel-Injectio.../dp/B0040CU0HM

These clamps are better for holding the hose even in that vertical angle.

Secondly try to trace where the other end of this pipe is going. It can help to fix this permanently by even removing it and closing the holes based on its purpose.

Last edited by VW2010 : 25th October 2017 at 15:49.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 19:39   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

The basic rubber part itself is flimsy. So arrest the root issue by replacing it. The honda activa fuel inlet pipe is a tried hack, we fitted it on nasir kakas versys and its worked like a charm the past 3k odd kms.

A fuel inlet pipe will inherently be better engineered than an air sensor hose.

I will change over to this when i need to. I have already replaced mine with a new kawasaki air sensor pipe which has been doing duty for a while now.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 16:03   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Fuel-Injectio.../dp/B0040CU0HM

These clamps are better for holding the hose even in that vertical angle.
Issue is with rubber pipe/hose and not with clamp. Not sure how will the issue fixed with clamp getting changed even if this new clamp is keeping the rubber away from area where majority of heat emanates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The basic rubber part itself is flimsy. So arrest the root issue by replacing it. The honda activa fuel inlet pipe is a tried hack, we fitted it on nasir kakas versys and its worked like a charm the past 3k odd kms.A fuel inlet pipe will inherently be better engineered than an air sensor hose.
Kat, have you ever changed the pipe altogether are you too using the "Cut & Fix" method? Btw, you have crossed 25,000kms with your Versys? And, how many times did you face this issue till date?

If my recollection is correct, This is the 3rd time in 19,500kms the rubber split at it's mouth area and each time the rubber was cut with a blade and then fixed it back.

Next time it happens, I plan to replace the whole pipe itself with Honda Activa Pipe

Now the questions that remain to be answered are :

1. Is the Activa pipe a stronger version than OEM pipe?

2. Anyone has a comparison of how long the Activa fuel pipe lasted on the Versys compared to OEM?

If Activa pipe lasts more than 7000kms then we need to send the Kawasaki Engineers to HMSI plant to learn from the Honda engineers how they are making such an insignificant part so robustly

Took a ride of the V this morning for about 100kms and I'm super happy to report it's back in its full glory and running like how it should be (smooth and fast machine)

But, I was heart broken to see that it looked little jaded (maybe the angle of pictures or harsh sunlight...not sure which is the culprit)

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file.jpeg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file1.jpeg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file2.jpeg

And, I decided to do something about it...To be Contd
Old 26th October 2017, 16:42   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Issue is with rubber pipe/hose and not with clamp. Not sure how will the issue fixed with clamp getting changed even if this new clamp is keeping the rubber away from area where majority of heat emanates

Kat, have you ever changed the pipe altogether are you too using the "Cut & Fix" method? Btw, you have crossed 25,000kms with your Versys? And, how many times did you face this issue till date?
1. I have changed the pipe once at approx 15k kms. Used a new OEM pipe (at the time did not know that I could have used the activa fuel inlet hose). Service engineer mentioned that this is a routine issue with all Kawis.

2. I have crossed 26k. Problem has not resurfaced.

3. Activa is a fuel inlet pipe - it carries Petrol. So it is obviously made more stronger and tougher. The pipe in our bike is an Air sensor hose - it carries air, so less engineered for our conditions.

4. Nobody has a comparison of how long it lasted, because only 1 or 2 people have put it. Nasir's has now lasted 3k +.

5. Activa pipe, I was the one who bought it along with Nasir Kaka and we both fixed it with the Kawi service engineer. It will last the lifetime of the bike - guaranteed. You just need to trim the length to fit. Your Kawasaki guy will get it done. Just buy the part and go there.

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th October 2017 at 08:38. Reason: Reducing length of quoted post and also avoid quoting emoticons, images and videos when quoting....cheers
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 08:37   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2. I have crossed 26k. Problem has not resurfaced.

3. Activa is a fuel inlet pipe - it carries Petrol. So it is obviously made more stronger and tougher. The pipe in our bike is an Air sensor hose - it carries air, so less engineered for our conditions.

5. Activa pipe, I was the one who bought it along with Nasir Kaka and we both fixed it with the Kawi service engineer. It will last the lifetime of the bike - guaranteed.
Thanks Kat for the lovely feedback. The highlighted portions in your post has now given me full confidence. Next time this issue crops up, I will just replace the whole pipe with Activa fuel pipe and as you rightly pointed out it's better to get it done at Kawasaki ASC as fixing the other end of pipe is little tricky as it's deep inside those wires and you need really small or thin hands to reach them. Mine are thick and clumsy and will never reach that far inside

Quote:
And, I decided to do something about it...To be Contd
Yeah, Dark Knight went through a fair & lovely treatment and came out gleaming and ready to go look for her groom

I was waiting for the incessant rain to go away so I can get both my car and bike get cleaned up as both were in a terrible shape

Now both of them look gorgeous and ready to flaunt themselves on second shaadi dot com....LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file1.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file3.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file4.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file2.jpeg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th October 2017 at 08:55.
mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 14:37   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

We rode on last Sunday as against our preferred day of riding-Saturday, due to majority of votes aye'ing for this day. We have a rather small group and add folks to it only after knowing them for a little while and is just about 15 odd folks. And, this ride it was highest turnout with almost 12 folks turning up for this breakfast ride.

Plan was to ride to KVR Food Village which is owned by a fellow rider Amar (Ducati Daviel) which he rides almost as fast as he flies (Yup, he is a pilot)

A day before, I got an unexpected ping from "Forester" who is a BHPian as well as an Autocar Journalist who was visiting town from Delhi. I met him during one of my reviews for the forum and he became a friend since then since we share some common interests and have kept in touch. He wanted to meet me for lunch/dinner but, my weekend was already packed with family stuff. I told him that there is a ride planned next day (Sunday) and would he like to join? He jumped at the idea and was elated to join us. I had to carry my top-case just to carry a helmet and gloves for him.

We met at 6:30am at Pillar 45, under the PVNR Expway which is our standard meeting point for all rides towards the Bangalore Highway and all of us enjoyed a hot cuppa Irani tea from cafe where we met and headed out around 7:00am

Since it was a large group, I requested all to ride in smaller groups till we cross the airport as there were a couple of instances were we were hauled up by cops which is usually the case as soon as they see a large bunch of motorcycle riders in full gear and assume that we are out "racing"...Wake up our law enforcement guys...it's a very naive and empty headed thought process

We rode out in smaller groups and rejoined at our regular petrol bunk after the airport where we top up our tanks before heading out. It was a beautiful morning and me

riding with a pillion was little different experience than most rides as I needed to be cognizant of a pillion and ride accordingly. Forester being a young guy with passion for motorcycles was working with me all through the ride. When I bend down-he too would bend with me, when I lean left-he too would lean left etc. It made things little easier for me. However, my honest opinion is that motorcycle riding has to be solo as you needn't really think for an additional person. But, this ride was cool since the pillion was a fearless guy

We reached the venue to find the Triumph group already there with the showroom manager being the nice guy that he is was quite liberally giving out test rides of the new Street Triple RS which was a super-fun experience.

Brief test ride report of Striple RS below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4296441

After the test rides, we proceeded to enjoy some outstanding Kheema Dosa and Poori Kheema followed up hot cuppa coffee. After a few snaps were clicked, Amar who owns the place had to leave urgently as he was called in as a stand-by to fly Hyd-KOL-Del-Hyd sector and said he will be back in town by 11:00pm...Whew, the jet setting lifestyle.

He and Haseeb raced (not literally) back to city

Rest of us enjoyed some more conversations and clicked a few more pictures before returning back to home around 11:30am. Forester had a ball of a time since he took a test ride of the Striple RS as well as rode the Versys for nearly 40kms

It was a fun weekend ride even though such rides are beginning to be little boring due to the nature of it's short distance

Time for a few pictures that can tell the story better........
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file21.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file6.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file11.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file3.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file12.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file4.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-dsc_7311_e.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-dsc_7318_e.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img20171029wa0007.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_20171029_101704.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_20171029_101735.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2421.heic.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file81.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file9.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-dsc_7339_e.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-file61.jpeg  

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 14:59   #697
BHPian

I have been reading up your thread as it gets updated, nice to see you doing weekend rides .

I remember there was a Blr-Hyd drive meet sometime last year, which for some reason I could not attend. How about a similar ride meet this time around?

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 15:07   #698
Senior - BHPian

Your Striple review was interesting since I didnt expect that lot of power from it.

Saw a N1000, does it belong to Nelvin?
Old 31st October 2017, 15:24   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We rode on last Sunday as against our preferred day of riding-Saturday, due to majority of votes aye'ing for this day.
Thank you mobike008 for constantly sharing your expeditions

Though I may have not been very active in posting my thoughts on this thread, I do follow it quite closely. I noticed that there was a Z650 in the pack, and I was wondering if you could answer some of my questions:
  • Since there is no real 'User Review' of the Z650, have you had a chance of riding one? How different is it compared to your V650?
  • How is the performance on the highways and within town?
  • In case you have actually not ridden one, have you heard any feedback from an actual owner?
Somehow, this Kwacker is pulling me in, but I really want to consider the N650 as I want my next bike to have that fairing.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 15:46   #700
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear onaversys, could you please elaborate on the riding gear you are wearing, it seems fantastic. Would appreciate a review as well.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st October 2017 at 17:44. Reason: As requested. Thanks.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 17:21   #701

Quote:
Dear onaversys, could you please elaborate on the riding gear you are wearing, it seems fantastic. Would appreciate a review as well.

Jacket: Alpinestars T-GP Plus R Air Jacket
Pant: Icon Raiden DKR Pants
Helmet: Marushin 888 RS ET Shivan
Gloves:
Boots: Timberland Snow Boots (so i can flatfoot)/Alpinestars Gunner WP (rains)

Here are some photos of me with my gloves on rides (and on taken from behind so you can see it there as well.

I hope this settles the case forever!
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-gloves.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-glove-2.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-gloves-thailand-2.jpeg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-gloves-thailand.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st October 2017 at 17:46. Reason: Post edited since the Quoted text was requested to be edited. Thanks for understanding.
onaversys is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 17:28   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

I was also keen on the Icon Dakar pants, but finally went with Klim Overland Goretex. Whats your review on the Dakars? For boots, I recommend the TCX Track Evo series of ADV boots...I am 5.8-5.9, and I can flatfoot now.

Last edited by Red Liner : 31st October 2017 at 17:41.
Old 31st October 2017, 17:53   #703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I have been reading up your thread as it gets updated, nice to see you doing weekend rides.I remember there was a Blr-Hyd drive meet sometime last year, which for some reason I could not attend. How about a similar ride meet this time around?
Thanks for your nice words. What a fantastic idea you gave. I have organized 2 car mid-way highway meets with Bangalore BHPi'ans and I have also organized a lunch for Triumph Bangalore riders (BRATS) who rode down to Hyderabad just for our famous biryani and rode back with their tummy full immediately thereafter

If you promise to take charge from Bangalore side, I can promise you that we can have a fantastic "RIDE" lunch meet in Kurnool/Around thereabouts in near future

Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Saw a N1000, does it belong to Nelvin?
Thanks! Striple RS is an indeed manic bike for sure but, most certainly not my type of a motorcycle. I went ga-ga over it and moved on in life

Nope that is not Nelvin who we have never met but, is Devraj Biswas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Thank you mobike008 for constantly sharing your expeditions

Though I may have not been very active in posting my thoughts on this thread, I do follow it quite closely. I noticed that there was a Z650 in the pack, and I was wondering if you could answer some of my questions:
  • Since there is no real 'User Review' of the Z650, have you had a chance of riding one? How different is it compared to your V650?
  • How is the performance on the highways and within town?
  • In case you have actually not ridden one, have you heard any feedback from an actual owner?
Somehow, this Kwacker is pulling me in, but I really want to consider the N650 as I want my next bike to have that fairing.
Thanks Vik for your lovely words. I always think that I kind of bore you folks with sharing even the minutest of things.

Thanks for confirming that you dont get bored out here

Coming to Z650, I have never ridden it even once so sorry cannot share any observations about it

However, we really pull the leg of the Z650 owner by saying it looks like a "Dominar"...LOL!

Since he part of our group, I can request him to share his thoughts in a small write up with me and I can post it here for your benefit

Quote:
In the past few posts, I have noticed in pictures that Karthi either hides his hands, or has gloves ON...in all pictures of his.

Mr Urban Nomad really did scare our poor polite friend LOL!
LOL! That was a funny observation. Yeah, Karthik is the most sober guy of our rowdy lot and come of think of it he gets the brunt of that comment which could have been avoided in first place. Well, that's how the world works--Everyone is armed with an opinion and an advice up their sleeve...LOL!

Perhaps, that is why the saying exists " Don't judge a good book just by it's cover"

Quote:
All in jest guys. Good posts Avi, yes my thread will come up soon.
Buck up Kat, I have been hearing this from you since the time I was born....Now dont take that in true sense....Look forward to your ownership ASAP...Can we expect it before this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onaversys View Post
I hope this settles the case forever!
Kat is a big kidder and loves to fool around. Didn't you get the humor in his tone? You Ooty guys are too serious...Haha!

Quote:
PS: Some of us should meet up for a ride...good to have these conversations over dinner.
Since you are a renowned mile muncher. Most welcome to visit us. Promise to treat you to some Hyderabadi goodies
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:57   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your nice words. What a fantastic idea you gave. I have organized 2 car mid-way highway meets with Bangalore BHPi'ans and I have also organized a lunch for Triumph Bangalore riders (BRATS) who rode down to Hyderabad just for our famous biryani and rode back with their tummy full immediately thereafter

If you promise to take charge from Bangalore side, I can promise you that we can have a fantastic "RIDE" lunch meet in Kurnool/Around thereabouts in near future

Game?
Hi mobike008, I have mentioned this to few BHPians in the Bangalore ride group, I think we should be good for doing a Blr-Hyd ride meet, though I am not sure how many will turn up finally from here.

How shall this be taken forward? Your expert inputs please.

I am game for this.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:39   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hi mobike008, I have mentioned this to few BHPians in the Bangalore ride group, I think we should be good for doing a Blr-Hyd ride meet, though I am not sure how many will turn up finally from here. How shall this be taken forward? Your expert inputs please.I am game for this.KK
Awesome! I have been organizing meets on the forum for more than a decade and hopefully that experience will come in handy for this twin city meet

I can guarantee a minimum of 5 riders participation for this joint-meet. Even if there are a total of 10 participants from both city, should be considered as a success

Which day is preferred? Saturday or Sunday? My preference is Saturday but, I can lean towards a day which works for maximum

Whichever day is chosen, meeting time at the location (will share once we progress further) should be at 11:00am followed by an early lunch and all of us dispersing by 2:00pm

After you clarify the above points, will start a new thread in "meet section"

Btw, some of the weekends that we can look at are :

November 25/26
December 2/3

I'm hoping the Bangalore Team BHP'ian riders on the forum who are reading this post will acknowledge and join for this initiative

Unlike Bangalore folks, Hydeez are never active on forum and they just join up when I request them

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd November 2017 at 10:42.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks