Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2016, 20:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: A much needed upgrade | Triumph Bonneville comes home | EDIT: Sold (page 9)

Congrats Aditya once again. Happy to know it has adjusted to you soon . And hopefully you will not be bored out of it. Looking forward to ride along for a good long ride.

Last edited by rk_sans : 31st March 2016 at 20:51.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 09:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
One suggestion - get the number plate relocated to where the rectifier is. It will cost you bit but will really improve the looks (have a look at my ownership thread, if you wish)
Thank you sir for your kind wishes. I must confess that i used to ogle at your bonnie time and again. We should meet sometime.

Triumph Riders have the relocation bracket. Will source it from them and get the front plates moved. I'm planning on getting aux lights and a headlight grill from the USA. Hopefully cyclegear has them as I plan to buy it from a walk-in store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I was almost joining you guys for the Gundlupet ride but was on "heat" to do longer distances so took off on my own to Hyderabad! LoL!
Thanks for the kind wishes, buddy. I was looking forward to meeting you and the multi but my apologies, I wanted to do a short ride since I had other commitments to return to. Hope you had a blast riding to HYD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Great bike n_aditya. Many congratulations. What all accessories were attached to the bike besides the exhausts and the seat? May I also ask the price you got it for?

A Bonne does symbolise pure biking nirvana to the purists. I am quite smitten by the newer 2016 Bonne range with fly by wire throttle et al.

Ride safe brother. Cheers...
Thank you sir. Besides the TOR pipes and the seat, it has the lockable fuel cap and a bash plate. I am getting the 3M PPF on it tomorrow and some parts from the USA soon.

The new street twin is awesome. Feels so much more lighter than this one, nimble, compact and modern styling too. Has quite a lot of enhancements and improvements all around so it is definitely a nice bike to own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
So we were right when we sensed something was cooking!
Thank you Sting. When i decided on this one, your thread was instrumental in a lot of ways. Thanks for such a detailed write-up on your bonnie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on the wonderful upgrade Aditya! Wish you many many miles and smiles on the new beauty! It is good that the King-Queen seat has already come with the bike. If you dont mind, could you please share the price you got it for. Thanks!
Thank you abhinav. I paid a bit of a premium for this one but no regrets since it had low miles on the clock and was cared for very well. I paid a shade under 6L including the insurance premium that I had to renew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Congrats Aditya once again. Happy to know it has adjusted to you soon . And hopefully you will not be bored out of it. Looking forward to ride along for a good long ride.
Thanks buddy. You are the reason for all this and I owe you one. We should do a ride soon. Been ages.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 10:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Naah. I wanted something understated and I'm not really a Harley guy. They're nice bikes but they don't connect with me as yet.
I totally get what you mean. I think a bike calls out to it's rider much more than any other piece of equipment. Would love to ride with you one of these days.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 10:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
I totally get what you mean. I think a bike calls out to it's rider much more than any other piece of equipment. Would love to ride with you one of these days.
Sure sir. Would be nice to meet you as well.

I did ride the Iron883 a couple of years ago and the Harley Street 750 too as part of the TeamBHP official review. The latter was a lovely bike, wonderful engine and handling but somehow it did not strike a chord in my heart.
Old 1st April 2016, 10:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Sure sir. Would be nice to meet you as well.

I did ride the Iron883 a couple of years ago and the Harley Street 750 too as part of the TeamBHP official review. The latter was a lovely bike, wonderful engine and handling but somehow it did not strike a chord in my heart.
I also really liked the Street, I rode a friend's from Dallas to Austin last year. My Dad has a fat boy here, but I have a soft spot of i4's so the HD's don't really appeal to me either.
Old 1st April 2016, 14:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aditya
Though you liked Bonnie, I thought you will buy a Striple or an i4.
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 15:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new Baby. She really shines after the wax treatment

Wish you both countless trouble free miles.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 15:17   #38
BHPian

I couldn't locate your thread and wanted to know if you have any suggestion to relocate the front plate on a street twin - it's on a bracket in an odd position which spoils the look from any side particularly the riders seat. Most countries don't need front plates so it's not incorporated in the design.

Any way to locate it under the lights ?

Gautam

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Adithya,

Congratulations and welcome to the club

I am sure you will stay happy for long or till you feel the urge for more power !!

One suggestion - get the number plate relocated to where the rectifier is. It will cost you bit but will really improve the looks (have a look at my ownership thread, if you wish)

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram

Last edited by aah78 : 1st April 2016 at 20:19. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 1st April 2016, 15:23   #39
BHPian

Congos on the baby girl Adi !

I thought the friends who came for the breakfast meet to see your baby girl would be named !

That said...
I didn't realise you were THAT miserable on the saddle during our return from Valparai. I'm glad we kept taking breaks and reached safely as we did.

Also, now that the Bonnie is here, when are we returning to Valparai?

Cheers !

Sundar
MavericK46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 15:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
I couldn't locate your thread and wanted to know if you have any suggestion to relocate the front plate on a street twin - it's on a bracket in an odd position which spoils the look from any side particularly the riders seat. Most countries don't need front plates so it's not incorporated in the design. Any way to locate it under the lights ?
The part that you need is a rectifier relocator. It is a metal plate which can house both the horn and the rectifier in the same plate. If you relocate the rectifier, the place below the headlamp is freed up and you move the number plate over there. You can search for rectifier relocation for Bonneville in youtube and you will be able to find how it is done. As per Adi's latest post, the relocator is available at Triumph Showrooms/SVC. They can do the job for you as well if it is available with them.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 20:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
I couldn't locate your thread and wanted to know if you have any suggestion to relocate the front plate on a street twin - it's on a bracket in an odd position which spoils the look from any side particularly the riders seat. Most countries don't need front plates so it's not incorporated in the design.

Any way to locate it under the lights ?

Gautam
(Sorry Aditya for using your thread.)

My thread is -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ore-india.html

The Item you need is the following Rectifier/Horn Relocator

A much needed upgrade | Triumph Bonneville comes home | EDIT: Sold (page 9)-rectifier-relocator.jpg

And if possible try and get the Number Plate Bracket of Thruxton - Indian models, which I have used below;

A much needed upgrade | Triumph Bonneville comes home | EDIT: Sold (page 9)-img_2593a.jpg

Once done it will look like the pic below;

A much needed upgrade | Triumph Bonneville comes home | EDIT: Sold (page 9)-img_2596a.jpg

How the Rectifier Relocation is done properly is as per video below;

Hope the pictures and video are useful

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 1st April 2016 at 20:15.
r_nairtvm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 12:15   #42
BHPian

Congrats Aditya on the classic Bonnie acquisition. The timeless beauty. I just had a test feel of it for a duration of 5 mins and I felt, though it is a 800+cc bike don’t have any vibrations and gives a feel as if I am on a Japanese bike. Though the 2016 Bonnie comes with better technological advancements, I feel it’s not a good take to reduce the overall size & weight of the bike. I am still a fan of Classic Bonnie. This is purely my opinion and nothing to disregard the admirers of new line-up. Is there any way to get funding from banks on a pre-worshipped premium bikes in HYD?. Need help.
PISTONS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 13:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Adi! Finally you upgraded after waiting so long It was nice riding with you and Vijay the last Friday.

Here's a couple of pictures from the ride:

A much needed upgrade | Triumph Bonneville comes home | EDIT: Sold (page 9)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459584630.279780.jpg

A much needed upgrade | Triumph Bonneville comes home | EDIT: Sold (page 9)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459584824.309172.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
During the next couple of days, whatever free time I had was spent in ogling at the pics of the bonnie
Congratulations on your buy. Personally, i think the Bonneville is one of the most beautiful creations ever right next to MV duos of F4 and Brutale

Tashi Delek~ Best wishes.
Nagato710 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 23:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTONS View Post
Congrats Aditya on the classic Bonnie acquisition. The timeless beauty. I just had a test feel of it for a duration of 5 mins and I felt, though it is a 800+cc bike don’t have any vibrations and gives a feel as if I am on a Japanese bike. Though the 2016 Bonnie comes with better technological advancements, I feel it’s not a good take to reduce the overall size & weight of the bike. I am still a fan of Classic Bonnie. This is purely my opinion and nothing to disregard the admirers of new line-up. Is there any way to get funding from banks on a pre-worshipped premium bikes in HYD?. Need help.
I am sure HDFC gives coz I have two managers from HDFC who owns super bikes and they did say they can provide for pre-owned bikes. SBI too should but their marketing is pathetic.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks