Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2018, 18:50   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
That's awesome Dilip. How long did the delivery take? The price of Evotech Radiator guard is 70$ including shipping from their website. That's about 5000 and customs of around 35-40% will make it close to 7000. A showroom here is quoting 8400 for the same and I am confused.
I ordered it on 11 sep and it reached me exactly after 13days
Actually it reached Delhi in 5days flat...The customs duty was paid in the local post office..Overall excellent service🖒

Last edited by dilipkumar7278 : 3rd October 2018 at 18:54.
dilipkumar7278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 21:06   #32
BHPian

Re: The Superbike Accessories Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
That's awesome Dilip. How long did the delivery take? The price of Evotech Radiator guard is 70$ including shipping from their website. That's about 5000 and customs of around 35-40% will make it close to 7000. A showroom here is quoting 8400 for the same and I am confused.
BTW, from my own personal experience about 5 years back at the Post Office in Bangalore (on museum road) that handles all such international postal delivery/customs etc, I had first got a notice about the shipment that I ordered from US and they asked me to go there and present the invoice and pay customs and then they will deliver to my home. But since I didnt have the invoice I said I dont have it and then the nice gentleman in the office told me if its less than US$150, then you can give a letter saying its a gift from your relative and you dont have to pay any customs. I wrote the letter saying the value is about US$ 140 and its a gift. Bingo! no customs and next day they delivered it home.

Anyways, last month I had ordered an exhaust (its called a Cocktail shaker exhaust for whatever reason! and costs US$ 99.99) from Aliexpress for my harley chopper project and it was delivered home in 2 weeks and I didnt pay any customs.
Haroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 21:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Normally , Import duty/Custom duty will be paid to the Postman/courier person who brings your package. He will show you a custom document explaining the duty levied and you make the payment or you would be asked to come to your local post office. I also know people who have been called to Delhi Customs office to make the payment and take their delivery. And, I also know people who have been levied no custom duty at all. All very random.

Last edited by bigron : 3rd October 2018 at 21:35.
Old 4th October 2018, 00:47   #34
BHPian

Great. The shopkeeper is asking me to order from him as the customs procedure might take long. Any idea how much the duty is? If the price difference isn't significant I might order directly from that guy and save the headache
Old 7th October 2018, 13:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Folks - need some guidance on getting a paddock stand, and high quality cover for my 821. Any suggestions on reasonably priced brands? If in mumbai, am willing to go pick them up from a store directly.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 17:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Folks - need some guidance on getting a paddock stand, and high quality cover for my 821. Any suggestions on reasonably priced brands? If in mumbai, am willing to go pick them up from a store directly.
If you're in Bombay. Check with Performance Racing Store or Lazy Ass Bikers. I think both deliver home.
PRS keeps R&G stands. Have had one for the last 3 years and no issues whatsoever. You'd get covers at both the places.

Cheers!
Old 7th October 2018, 18:43   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
If you're in Bombay. Check with Performance Racing Store or Lazy Ass Bikers. I think both deliver home.
PRS keeps R&G stands. Have had one for the last 3 years and no issues whatsoever. You'd get covers at both the places.

Cheers!
I also came across a local business manufacturing high quality paddock stands and trailers for superbikes: https://moto-trailers.com/.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th October 2018 at 18:45.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 14:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I recently ordered the generic paddock from https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's other one from grand pit stop but this one is single frame with 4 supporting wheels so supposed to be sturdier. Timely replies on my questions too. Cheers.
wangdu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 11:30   #39
BHPian

Update on the paddock I provided link to.

I was able to fit it on street triple and duke but not on Bonnie. That's due to pipes interfering and even if I removed the pipes the frame of paddock is wide for Bonnie's swing arms. I'm a bit disappointed on the wrong info seller provided that it will fit Bonneville too. But on the positive side duke and triple chain are now clean and lubed without the otherwise push and pull. And yes this requires someone to give a quick hand to hold the bike straight while you adjust paddock to jack up. Cheers .
Old 14th October 2018, 14:27   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post

I was able to fit it on street triple and duke but not on Bonnie. That's due to pipes interfering and even if I removed the pipes the frame of paddock is wide for Bonnie's swing arms. I'm a bit disappointed on the wrong info seller provided that it will fit Bonneville too. But on the positive side duke and triple chain are now clean and lubed without the otherwise push and pull. And yes this requires someone to give a quick hand to hold the bike straight while you adjust paddock to jack up. Cheers .
I never had any problem mounting even the heavier ninja 650 on the paddock without anyone’s help. With Street Triple/Duke, it should be lot easier. You can try doing it single handedly with the Duke.
Old 18th October 2018, 09:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I recently ordered the generic paddock from https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's other one from grand pit stop but this one is single frame with 4 supporting wheels so supposed to be sturdier. Timely replies on my questions too. Cheers.
Amazon says it fits Monster 821 but still asked a question to the seller. Looks sturdy from the pics and your feedback seems good. So going to get this one - plus its red.
Old 18th October 2018, 15:46   #42
BHPian

Got my Evotech radiator guard delivered recently. Ordered on the 25th of Sept and delivered on 3rd Oct. Zero customs duty and costed me 49.99 GBP. This is for a Kawasaki Vulcan S
Old 19th October 2018, 08:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi.. Did you also order the stand bobbins by any chance? How are you mounting the bikes? I dont want to go to Ducati to get these bobbins if they are required. Maybe i just get the combo of paddock + bobbins from grand pit stop.
Old 24th October 2018, 11:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.. Did you also order the stand bobbins by any chance? How are you mounting the bikes? I dont want to go to Ducati to get these bobbins if they are required. Maybe i just get the combo of paddock + bobbins from grand pit stop.
No bobbins. I'm mounting on swing arm.

And on your earlier point, yes it's sturdy although I haven't used the paddock for long period; just 30 minutes for Triple & Duke each. You know just using it for what it's for.

Last edited by wangdu : 24th October 2018 at 11:29. Reason: additional information
Old 31st October 2018, 10:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know where I can get a cover like this (or who custom makes it) for my Bonnie.

The Superbike Accessories Thread-mc-cover.jpg

Any leads in Bangalore or online stores in India who ship across states will help.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks