Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2018, 10:39   #46
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Superbike Accessories Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a cover like this (or who custom makes it) for my Bonnie.

Attachment 1813391

Any leads in Bangalore or online stores in India who ship across states will help.

Thanks.
Please get in touch with bhpian Coriolis from Pune. He ride a Bonnie too and had recently got a custom made cover similar to the one you have posted.
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 22:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Got these from Amazon thanks to Wangdu!

The paddock stand is pretty sturdy! The only thing I find a bit risky if I might say so is how easily the bike can be moved off the stand. Much lesser effort required to get it off than pull it on. My bike is in the society parking with kids or delivery guys always around. So am a bit worried that they might sit on it or just get it off the stand by accident. But for 3400, this stand is a steal.

Now to cleaning the chain tomorrow. The bike needs a bit of tlc so will take it to Shine Inc for a buff and ceramic coat.
Attached Thumbnails
The Superbike Accessories Thread-p_20181103_183000.jpg  

The Superbike Accessories Thread-p_20181103_183011.jpg  

The Superbike Accessories Thread-p_20181103_182946_1.jpg  

The Superbike Accessories Thread-p_20181028_173505.jpg  

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 3rd November 2018 at 22:47.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 11:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used or considered the Boosterplug - see here

I've been considering it since my monster isn't very happy under 2.5-3k rpm and usually doesn't start easily if i shut it off when the engine is already hitting 90+ degrees.
I've read more positives about the boosterplug solution as compared to the negatives. Cheaper & more easier to install / remove than the power commander by myself. No ECU alterations or dynos or fiddly solutions that require equipment or depth of new gen ICE working knowledge with this one. It definitely is expensive for what the device itself actually does but the whole logic explained makes sense to me and seems like it is custom for the bike. So not a generic solution which does not consider the bike specific maps from manufacturers.

Any opinions or user experience? I've made up my mind anyways to take the risk but its always good to know a bit more from the community.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 21st November 2018 at 12:00.
Old 21st November 2018, 13:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

I've been considering it since my monster isn't very happy under 2.5-3k rpm and usually doesn't start easily if i shut it off when the engine is already hitting 90+ degrees.
I've read more positives about the boosterplug solution as compared to the negatives. Cheaper & more easier to install / remove than the power commander by myself. No ECU alterations or dynos or fiddly solutions that require equipment or depth of new gen ICE working knowledge with this one. It definitely is expensive for what the device itself actually does but the whole logic explained makes sense to me and seems like it is custom for the bike. So not a generic solution which does not consider the bike specific maps from manufacturers.

Any opinions or user experience? I've made up my mind anyways to take the risk but its always good to know a bit more from the community.
Seems to be similar to what Race Dynamics has. They do have them for a lot more bikes though.
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 09:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Seems to be similar to what Race Dynamics has. They do have them for a lot more bikes though.
Thanks...looked up their site. Seems to be a piggy back ecu with custom maps. Nothing ready for a Ducati yet though one of their authorised dealers is right next door so worth a dekko. But the ones for a bullet costs 18k and for Ninja 300 for 22k so it's going to be about 35k for me. And I just want to fix the low end and fuelling issues cause the rest is just fine. Will go talk to the dealer at least and then decide.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 17:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:

I would not recommend it, basically most of these system try to fool the ECU by telling it a wrong Air temperature thereby changing the fueling.

These days ECU are smarter and you never know how it may react, The perceived smoothess is due to a leaner mixture in some cases, which can play havoc

If you are not happy with your Tune, then the right way is to spend the money and get a software that retunes your ECU or a independent ECU, and play with it proper

In my opinion cheap too good to be true things are generally too good to be true
Old 24th November 2018, 07:26   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks...looked up their site. Seems to be a piggy back ecu with custom maps. Nothing ready for a Ducati yet though one of their authorised dealers is right next door so worth a dekko. But the ones for a bullet costs 18k and for Ninja 300 for 22k so it's going to be about 35k for me. And I just want to fix the low end and fuelling issues cause the rest is just fine. Will go talk to the dealer at least and then decide.
Check Woolich Racing or Rapid Bike. The latter has some mixed reviews, but may be worth the research. Best is, ask for help on the International Ducati Forum. These Italians can get temperamental if fidgeted wrongly!

Cheers!
Old 4th December 2018, 17:34   #53
BHPian

Quote:

The kind of problem you are describing is common with today's engines that are made to run very lean in the low-mid rpms in order to comply with emission norms.

After going through their website, this is my understanding. The way this works is by fooling the ECU to think the Intake Ambient Temperature or IAT is lower than it actually is. It does this by adding some kind of resistance value to the IAT signal. The trouble is what is the baseline and how is that arrived at. They claim the unit does some compensation to the resistance value after considering the actual ambient temperature. Considering our higher than average ambient temperatures all through the year, I don't know how this will compensate for that variation. When they say it is custom made for a bike, it generally means choosing the right kind of couplers and perhaps the baseline resistance value. That's about it.

To me this looks like some kind of band-aid fix and personally I would not recommend it. You generally have two options when it comes to fixing the fueling issues on any bike.
  1. Get an aftermarket piggy back fuel control unit like Bazzaz. Yes, it is expensive and more time consuming to arrive at the right mix, but it is worth the effort and pays off greatly with smooth throttle response especially in the low/mid-range rpms. This is the combo I used to very good effect on my track 600RR - Bazzaz fuel control unit & Bazzaz auto tune. The auto tune module comes with a wideband O2 sensor and helps you build a good fuel map piece by piece.
  2. The other option is to get a ECU flash - either via official Ducati channels or via a third party like Woolich/FTecu etc., This might mean you either need to either purchase a hand-held flashing unit or send your ECU to them to get it flashed.
Old 19th July 2019, 18:29   #54
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning on the following for the Tiger XRX :
A set of Denso dual horns. Have had it on my Z and Versys and they have never skipped a beat.
White lights which have a good spread and provide good visibility. Any suggestions?
Old 19th July 2019, 19:18   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Planning on the following for the Tiger XRX :
A set of Denso dual horns. Have had it on my Z and Versys and they have never skipped a beat.
Can you share the specs of these horns?

The horns on my S750 are extremely meek, have been desiring for louder horns since some time..
Old 19th July 2019, 19:37   #56
Senior - BHPian

@ V12 ~ I would suggest Clearwater lights or Baja Designs. Clear water is white and Baja Designs have a yellow tint to it.Have personally used clearwater and they are truly phenomenal.

Last edited by bigron : 19th July 2019 at 19:51.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 19:39   #57
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey GoBlue - check this link :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post3963164 (Godzilla! My monster from Japan. Kawasaki Z800- NOW SOLD !!! !!!)

I think it costs around 800-900 bucks.
Old 19th July 2019, 20:15   #58
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ V12 ~ I would suggest Clearwater lights or Baja Designs. Clear water is white and Baja Designs have a yellow tint to it.Have personally used clearwater and they are truly phenomenal.
Thanks Bigron - I checked those lights - they are damn expensive I was basically looking for replacement bulbs for the stock headlight. Not planning on fitting additional lights - so want a good replacement bulb.
Old 19th July 2019, 20:25   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Thanks Bigron - I checked those lights - they are damn expensive
If Baja / Clearwater etc are too expensive - take a look at Gold Runaway series. Chinese, but very much tried and tested now in Indian conditions (many guys have them!) and they do give the established brands a run for their money. Bikenbiker offers them with warranty at rates only slightly higher than the Ali Express rates.

Yet to see a stock replacement bulb which is adequate! So no recommendations there.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 20:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

Oh my Bad. I recommend DDM Tuning. They have replacement bulbs with relays, HID kits, conversion kits etc etc. You will find the shade you want, wattage and size. Very popular among us bikers. Great quality and service. Both my HI and Lo beam is DDM on this bike and the last 3 bikes.

Last edited by bigron : 19th July 2019 at 20:52.

Most Viewed