Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2016, 08:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Amazing that the oil change interval is 12k, especially since the same Honda throttle 10W30 FS oil is used for the baby CBR and the interval is 6k. But IIRC, even the Z800 has a similar oil change interval. I wonder if the oil degrades slower in an i4 compared to a single!
There is a matter of the 250 having a 1.8L oil capacity while the 650 has 3.5L with similar numbers in the Z800. Presumably, more oil circulating allows it to last longer although I'm sure tighter manufacturing tolerances also plays a part.
GreaseMonk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 09:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Feels somewhat exciting to read about bikes. I rode the 250 last week for a few hundred kms for the first time since 15 years. Dont own a 2 wheeler. Loved the ride so much on NH4. Even in Bengaluru, appreciated the weather so much and how good it feels. Should be a blast riding a good bike except for couple of months in this city.

Enjoy the ride!
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 22:20   #33
BHPian

Hi,

I just loved the way you have described in your thread. And yes, I agree to the fact that CBR 250 R is one of the best bike in the range. I have an Repsol edition, do we also get 650 in Repsol edition. I will be more than happy to upgrade to 650F if there is Repsol edition too.

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 23:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Odo reading: 6100 kms. Bonda has been doing great!. completed 6K Kms in four months and I’m in love with this machine and can’t wait to take it for a spin every weekend. Have not faced any issues/problems what so ever till date.
Excellent update there friend. Mine has done 8K in a little over an year.
Even I have similar feedback for the bike. Overall No issues, pretty happy with it and quality and cost of Honda after sales is definitely an icing on an already good cake.

I will be preparing my 1 year completion update soon.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 20:58   #35
BHPian

Very nice to read on the regular updates on this thread, I wanted to ask as some people have stated in test ride reviews, was any vibration noticed in the handlebars/ console during / before first service?
redrage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 22:08   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Did you get a chance to check the drained oil this time? Had it lost its viscosity completely? I believe you can push it beyond 6k and observe if there's any roughness in the engine or if there's any oil consumption.

Does this come with the wet/viscous filter like the 250? I agree with you that for our conditions, it's better to change it at 12k.

Do keep the updates coming. Cheers!
Actually i had changed engine oil and filter at 3k kms just to ensure it gets the best environment for the break-in, so when it was changed again at 6k the oil was pretty much in great shape, it was black in color but did not feel that it had lost viscosity. Next change will be at 12k so a total of 6k kms then, will get an idea of how the oil holds for that duration. Will update when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Those Dunlops are the equivalent of ContiGos on our 250Rs. Budget tyres plonked in to fit into the price. Every owner on the 650 forums ditched them for Michelin PR4s. Better grip in dry and wet and lasts nearly the same.
Stock tyres are pretty decent in dry in fact! but right now im more interested in getting Pirelli Angel GTs as they are cheaper and reviews from fellow bikers who have used it are very positive. (To an extent that they can do track day duties )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi,

I will be more than happy to upgrade to 650F if there is Repsol edition too.
Nope! i would have bought the bike in Blue shade. That color looks absolutely smashing on this bike. Buy hey one can always go for wrap jobs. Here's a link to a video showing different color wrap jobs done on 650F.

NOTE: i have no affiliation to it /or stand to gain from sharing the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Very nice to read on the regular updates on this thread, I wanted to ask as some people have stated in test ride reviews, was any vibration noticed in the handlebars/ console during / before first service?
Absolutely! there were a lot of vibes especially at around 4k rpm, there was instrument panel rattle at 2500 rpm and also some vibes on the footpegs. All these subsided by 80% after first service and they have become non-existent now after 6k kms. I feel the bike takes longer to break-in than others. Put some mileage and you will be amazed at how your bike evolves
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 16:05   #37
BHPian

ODO: 23200 kms.

Updating the thread after a long time but I’m happy to say Bonda has been doing great and enjoying every ride . Some new bits on the bike:

Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F-img_3083.jpg

Akrapovic! – The titanium full system sounds melodious and also since its under-belly like the stock exhaust it doesn’t mess with the looks. Best thing about Akra is that its quite pleasant with the DB killer and nice for touring, But without the insert it becomes loud, very loud. No fuel commander/ECU flash as yet. Also gained some precious ground clearance with it.

Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F-img_2520.jpg

Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F-img_2530.jpg

Seat cowl: I was lucky to get this as this particular color is not available anymore.

Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F-img_2969.jpg

Tyres: The stock tyres had squared off at 13k kms on the odo and it was bid goodbye with a proper burnout, it could have lasted another 3-4k kms but it was getting scary to ride on those tyres with all the tram lining and slipping on acceleration. Got Michelin pilot road 4 tyres as replacement and done around 10k kms till date and still feels excellent on corners, no signs of the centre wearing out faster than edges and superb wet grip – a true sport touring tyre! very happy with the purchase and reviews on the Honda group tell this can last up to 18k kms which is excellent! Not a fan of the front tyre design though. Next change I’m thinking of Pirelli Angel GTs.

Some random pictures:

Sunday morning breakfast ride to Nani hotel in Vijayapura.
Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F-img_2907.jpg

Pictured with my CBR250 (which is being modded into a more comfortable tourer) at Agumbe ghat.
Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F-img_2960.jpg

Somewhere near Hassan.
Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F-img_3084.jpg

With Bhpian Sheikhmimran's CBR250 at Shettihalli church.
Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F-img_3123.jpg

Markonahalli dam.
Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F-img_3200.jpg

With Teambhp riders at Charmadi peak.
Another Honda! This time, it’s a Honda CBR650F-img_3267.jpg

SERVICE:

18K service: The first time i had to pay labour charges! No major work in this service other than air filter replacement.
24k service: This upcoming service will be expensive for sure as this will include valve check and most probably chain & sprockets replacement and brake pads. Honda service experience has continued to be very sweet.
Hope to keep the thread updated from now on
Mashblue is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 10:56   #38
BHPian

Hey Mashblue, how is your CBR doing? It's been a long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks