Team-BHP - Triumph India introduces new Inspiration kit for Street Twin
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph India introduces new Inspiration kit for Street Twin (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/177603-triumph-india-introduces-new-inspiration-kit-street-twin.html)

Triumph motorcycles India have introduced a new Inspiration Kit for the Bonneville Street Twin. Inspired by the Scrambler bikes, this new Inspiration kit was unveiled during an event in Lavasa, on the eve of World Motorcycle Day.

This Scrambler Inspiration Kit adds cosmetic modifications to the Bonneville Street Twin, as it gets a raised exhaust system from Vance and Hines. This raised arrangement helps in avoiding any hits on the exhaust during off-roading. Moreover, a rear mudguard removal kit makes the bike's tail more compact. The taillight has been redesigned to look more minimalistic than the ones offered with the standard Street Twin. Other design changes include a brown flat ribbed seat, brown handlebars, LED front turn indicators, and a brushed aluminum sump guard.

The inspiration kit doesn't include any mechanical changes, as the bike continues to be powered by a 900cc high torque, 8-valve, parallel-twin engine, which generates 55 BHP and 80 Nm of torque.

The Bonneville Street Twin is priced at Rs. 6.90 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi. Apart from the Scrambler Inspiration Kit, the Street Twin can be equipped with Brat Tracker or The Urban kits as well at the same price.

Source: OnCars

Triumph India introduces new Inspiration kit for Street Twin-b09348e2f0f50daf07c4ff0fbd989182_555x416_1.jpg

Triumph India introduces new Inspiration kit for Street Twin-279136591435cf79e7f3a601981c6357_555x416_1.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

I happened to experience sitting and revving (not ride) a friend's Street Twin yesterday and it had the inspiration KIT installed. Except that V&H was not a raised one but, standard exhaust system from V&H

Some stupid pricing strategy by Triumph. If you want to buy the exhaust only then its priced 63K but, if you want the entire kit that has whatever DZIRED mentioned in the original post, it's for 59K

Nice way to lure unsuspecting customers

Mods looked neat and I especially loved the LED's from a distance as I was following my friend from rear in a car

P.S: First time I saw the Street Twin up-close and was sorely disappointed. It looks like a TOY now. Lean & Puny and it has completely lost the charm of the original Bonnie which looks smashing even now

From the looks of it, ST is suitable for folks who are built like "Jockeys" and anymore bigger than them would look awkward on it:)

I have a basic question on the feasibility of this exhaust. Won't it fry the rider's inner thigh while riding. As for me I think the exhaust is too high up for my comfort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikrantj (Post 4005267)
I have a basic question on the feasibility of this exhaust. Won't it fry the rider's inner thigh while riding. As for me I think the exhaust is too high up for my comfort.

It will certainly fry you inner thighs. That is why Scrambler is not on offer in India. Imagine riding it in indian traffic conditions and he will go home with a "Tandoori Leg"

We cannot avoid traffic here but, it's fine to ride a bike with such a high exhaust placement on open highways and is perfect for western countries.

The heat shield on the exhaust should help. Pillion will still face the brunt. It's equivalent to having a under seat exhaust such as the R1 or Speed triple or a Ducati..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4005260)

P.S: First time I saw the Street Twin up-close and was sorely disappointed. It looks like a TOY now. Lean & Puny and it has completely lost the charm of the original Bonnie which looks smashing even now

From the looks of it, ST is suitable for folks who are built like "Jockeys" and anymore bigger than them would look awkward on it:)

Hi mobike, have always enjoyed your ownership reviews however, the fact that you might be taller than some people and hence more comfortable on the versys and less comfortable on shorter bikes does not mean that others are built like jockeys.
I feel more comfortable on a bike I can put both my feet down on, if I can't do it on a gs 1200 too bad, but that doesn't mean that it's for giants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 4006328)
Hi mobike, have always enjoyed your ownership reviews however, the fact that you might be taller than some people and hence more comfortable on the versys and less comfortable on shorter bikes does not mean that others are built like jockeys.
I feel more comfortable on a bike I can put both my feet down on, if I can't do it on a gs 1200 too bad, but that doesn't mean that it's for giants.

Hey Sammyboy : Glad to know you enjoy my ownership reports. Perhaps my point came out rather differently.

I hope you recall that not too long ago, I was a Bonnie owner and enjoyed it thoroughly through my ownership period even if that bike was "small" in a general manner of speaking. And, despite my above average built, I enjoyed it thoroughly

Now keeping that in mind, When I compare it to new ST, it's dimensions and overall proportions has been compromised to a large extent.

This has made the motorcycle unbelievably compact and will be more comfortable for people with really small built (Our country as you may know is slowly moving away from the slightly built average population especially in big cities to a nicely built category due to the fast food culture:D)

Btw, curious to know what you ride and have you ridden the new ST? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4006429)
Hey Sammyboy : Glad to know you enjoy my ownership reports. Perhaps my point came out rather differently.

I hope you recall that not too long ago, I was a Bonnie owner and enjoyed it thoroughly through my ownership period even if that bike was "small" in a general manner of speaking. And, despite my above average built, I enjoyed it thoroughly

Now keeping that in mind, When I compare it to new ST, it's dimensions and overall proportions has been compromised to a large extent.

This has made the motorcycle unbelievably compact and will be more comfortable for people with really small built (Our country as you may know is slowly moving away from the slightly built average population especially in big cities to a nicely built category due to the fast food culture:D)

Btw, curious to know what you ride and have you ridden the new ST? :)

Hi Mobike,
Yes, I understand what you meant, but it did come out differently, hence my comment. I think you meant that even shorter riders can enjoy the street twin and you didn't have to be above, say, 5.8 ft to really enjoy the bike and be able to chuck it around. I found that even a novice rider like myself was quite comfortable with it, and I have found that being able to reach the ground comfortably helps in many situations.
I very well remember all your posts on the bonnie :), that was a very enjoyable thread. Sometimes I wish I was taller because I can't enjoy the versys like you do, but we all have to work with what we have :).

I ride a ninja 250, got that back in 2010 and am still having a blast with it . I have ridden the ST and a few other bikes too, and though I agree it's quite compact , that's a boon for a lot of people, specially as its more aimed at city riding specially with all that low down torque. That low height also helps one manage the bike easily as we stop more than we move in our traffic conditions :-)
Anyway, we have gone quite off topic on an accessories thread.

The Scrambler kit (as well as the other kits) looks quite neat on the new Street Twin, have even seen some properly customised Scrambler Street Twins with proper spoke wheels, knobby tires, etc. on social media. I test rode the ST briefly a few months back (stock version). Yes, a bit smaller proportioned than the older 865cc Bonnies, but what a nice bike! Great torque, handles very well, easy reach, stock exhaust sounds great, overall a very nice bike! Now I want to test the T120!

But for where I live - mountains, lots of dirt roads, a little more off-road chops works out better, so recently got myself a last-of-the-line 865cc air-cooled Triumph Scrambler from overseas. I have a feeling that when the new proper Triumph Scrambler arrives in 2017 (supposedly) I might be in a bit of a dilemma!!! Lets see :)