Team-BHP - Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative. EDIT: Bikes delivered (page 11)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative. EDIT: Bikes delivered (page 11) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/178878-paid-z800-but-no-bike-kawasaki-uncooperative-edit-bikes-delivered-page-11-a-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalajprakash (Post 4037963)
I talked to my father about the legal responsibility in this case and he did say that legally Kawasaki isn't at fault because they truly are not liable for providing a bike to the customer without receiving the booking amount from the dealer. Legally it is solely a transaction between the dealer and the customer.

Thank you. That is precisely what I was saying a few posts back. Please look at the attached receipt too. Its not in Kawasaki motor's name. Its in the dealer's name. That's why it makes sense not to release a substantial amount during booking, but wait for booking details to emerge like VIN/Chassis number etc. I am surprised why such a huge amount had to be forked out upfront to book these bikes? Even bigger purchases like cars are made with a deposit of only 50k or maximum 1 lac. More over why is the bank not held culpable. How come the banker released the cheque without a chassis number or VIN/manufacturing date, invoice, dispatch details? My bank has always insisted on these details before releasing the loan cheque.

Another week has passed..there is no response from IKM. Apparently, IKM has incubated themselves from the outside world and are not responding to any phone calls. Based on this thread by TBHP, the issue was highlighted by the goldensparrow, midday and many others... They did speak to us and IKM to get an insight. IKM had told them that they are working on the issue and that it shall get resolved in sometime.

But this is no way of resolving issues by keeping the customers in darkness. On their own website, they say that they are communicating with the customers. Trust me, they haven't even bothered to return a call in spite of numerous reminder calls to followup on the issue. This is by far, the most pathetic way of resolving issues and the most pathetic way of turning hostile by any automobile manufacturer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbotechnixx (Post 4039640)
Another week has passed..there is no response from IKM. Apparently, IKM has incubated themselves from the outside world and are not responding to any phone calls. Based on this thread by TBHP, the issue was highlighted by the goldensparrow, midday and many others... They did speak to us and IKM to get an insight. IKM had told them that they are working on the issue and that it shall get resolved in sometime.

But this is no way of resolving issues by keeping the customers in darkness. On their own website, they say that they are communicating with the customers. Trust me, they haven't even bothered to return a call in spite of numerous reminder calls to followup on the issue. This is by far, the most pathetic way of resolving issues and the most pathetic way of turning hostile by any automobile manufacturer.

Totally agree, and I have long lost any expectation from IKM. Best case I would want my money back and wouldn't want anything to do with Kawasaki anymore. Worst case, I'd still take the bike if they offer. Beggars can't be choosers - yes that's exactly what this issue and it's treatment is making us feel.

I'm only hoping that the courts can offer respite in this issue and maybe pass a judgment that would set things right, in a swift manner. The website announcement was a hogwash, just to say we were not aware and it has only come to our notice via social media sites and customers.

Not a single call, not a single revert over mail in months. Even my comment on their 'announcement' is pending moderation, since the 11th August, and so almost everyone from our group of 12-13 customers have posted there since this was put out.

Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative. EDIT: Bikes delivered (page 11)-ikm3.png

It went beyond apologies a couple months back in June itself, now it is beyond repair and India Kawasaki still doesn't seem to kick into action. Something tells me, they will launch a legal case against the dealer, stop his operations, announce it, sign-up with another dealer; mostly the Pune guy since he has a very good market image and also runs the Bangalore dealership; and go to market again to service new customers. Since our money hasn't even reached them, this will be a case of localized fraud by an outgoing dealer. please:
What's more, they will throw in some goodies by way of accessories or riding gear to attract customers and wipe any sour memories too.

I think you guys should start tweeting about it (if you haven't already) to the tweeter handles of foreign affairs minister and others. The current government seems to take action when people post their grievances out there. No harm in trying this out too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnS_12 (Post 4040421)
I think you guys should start tweeting about it (if you haven't already) to the tweeter handles of foreign affairs minister and others. The current government seems to take action when people post their grievances out there. No harm in trying this out too.

Just last night I received intimation the IKM Facebook page admin had banned my FB profile from posting, commenting etc. They even removed my review, and yesterday's post where I had tagged the 12 of us customers asking for what's the update.

Imagine a customer who's paid in full, bearing EMIs and can't even complain for not having received a response on product delivery/refund. This was the last nail and I wouldn't bother wasting my breath on people who live in some dark-ages where communication wasn't two-way. I work in Retail and get numerous calls from irate customers and even friends/relatives who are customers, and we have a dialogue to understand the grievance, and honestly just talking to someone responsible alleviates the issue greatly. This attitude is rather high-handed in dealing with customers who have paid lacs of their hard-earned money and continue to pay hefty EMIs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandheers (Post 4040652)
Just last night I received intimation the IKM Facebook page admin had banned my FB profile from posting, commenting etc.

Wow this is sacrilegious to say the least, how can they do that stuff?
having said that, Hope you guys have sued the dealer? Am also surprised how did the bank give the DD for a bike which has not yet been allocated.

It looks much more murkier than what it is. Have the courts given a date for the hearing? Sorry if am asking very basic questions.

That's the worst thing any manufacturer or multi national company can do. A consumer uses an official medium to lodge complaints and you ban the user from using those mediums. This just shows how much a customer means to them.

I am sorry to say this, but you are wasting time. An immediate FIR needs to be filed against the dealer so that he can't skip town and also a 420 case against Kawasaki India which should get a warrant against their MD. This will definitely push them into taking action. The time to be decent has passed.

Quote:

Just last night I received intimation the IKM Facebook page admin had banned my FB profile from posting, commenting etc. They even removed my review, and yesterday's post where I had tagged the 12 of us customers asking for what's the update.

Has your group taken any action aside from complaining to IKM? Has a FIR been filed? or at the least a legal notice been sent?

The longer you wait the harder it will become.

I have had some experience in dealing with thieves like this. I was in a similar situation with a builder here. My approach was 1: Went to the police station responsible for that area and complained. 2: Created a petition on Change.org citing everything that the builders were doing wrong. Got the petition to gain popularity through FB etc. Since you have already sent them a legal notice try the other options presented above. Change.org is pretty effective IMO. Hope this helps!

Checked this thread after many days. Sad to see no response from Kawasaki as yet. If they took so much of my money and didnt give me a motorcycle, I would be standing right outside their door figuratively as well as literally.

And Bajaj what are you doing? I know you are not directly involved in this but unfortunately for the layman you are guilty by association and your name is being dragged through the mud due to the Probiking tab

If I didnt know that the Bajaj-KTM duo dont sell Kawasaki bikes above 650cc and only Kawasaki themselves sells these bikes, i doubt the average joe knows it! Someone should do something! Quickly!

May I ask something:

Is the dealer in question and the person at Kawasaki who handles the complaints from customers connected in any way?

From his response to the Bank (quoted some posts back), his evident eagerness to support the dealer to get over his financial problems, and the attempts to muzzle social media protests, and having experienced many many similar experiences (though not in the automotive sector), may I suspect a relative / acquaintance angle between the dealer and the concerned company executive? Or even a bribe / financial interest angle, maybe? Did the Kawasaki company fail to ensure proper due diligence and vetting procedures to avoid potential conflicts of interest?

Also, many Korean / Japanese expats who work here are not comfortable with tackling English correspondence beyond technical matters. They at times tend to lean on their corporate communications departments or secretariats in handling letters and emails. So there is a chance that real bosses at the company are still not aware of these happenings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeldo (Post 4042844)
Also, many Korean / Japanese expats who work here are not comfortable with tackling English correspondence beyond technical matters. They at times tend to lean on their corporate communications departments or secretariats in handling letters and emails. So there is a chance that real bosses at the company are still not aware of these happenings.

They may be unable to speak in English, but certainly know to read & understand English.
Am wondering why are they sleeping (or pretending to sleep) on this issue where their brand is getting sullied as the days pass by.
This needs to be escalated to Kawasaki Japan, if not done already.

Article in today's Mid-day

Quote:

I love how there are still those out there that think that the only avenue of free speech you have is a single Facebook page! And that somehow banning you from that page silences you entirely and makes the problem go away. Idiots!

Forget dealing with IKM though. It is clear that they won't cooperate. Go through every other avenue available to you.