Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2016, 17:15   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative, says "we haven't received money from our dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post

So IKM did not know in advance about these delays? In the letter to HDFC it is very clear that Kawasaki knew about the dealings with Satyen well in advance. How come a company like IKM gets news about what's happening at their own company from Social Sites and customers when their own people are dealing with them day in and day out.
That's the power of social media. Only when this news has come up here have they woken up. Till then they knew about it but weren't bothered to look into it.

The change is only when they saw it here on Team-BHP.
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 17:53   #62
BHPian

Re: Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative, says "we haven't received money from our dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Attachment 1540091

Neil Shah booked a ...
Going thro' all the posts it pretty feels horrible to say.

Feel sorry for the people who have been caught in this tangle. Advise them to take immediate legal action, such things should never be let go under any circumstance. We are with you in spirit and honor guys. Big reputed companies can never take their customers for granted. Time to prove it once again.

The dealer could run thro' any agreement with the company, but it is the responsibility of the company to ensure that they meet customer expectations if not exceed them. A simple letter of apology stating the obvious delays in delivery and committed date of delivery would have gone a long way in establishing the brand.

Big OEMs need to understand the model of sales from dealers in India is thoroughly different from the rest of the world. Accept it and place your business models aligned to that or else perish.

Also, need to blame our non existent consumer protection laws which have indirectly grown such cases. May be we all could sign an online petition to create an robust consumer protection law with heavy penalties for such cases.
rajess_in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 17:54   #63
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps Kawasaki needs a PR 101 lesson. Their incompetence clearly isn't restricted to monitoring their dealers.

Revoke the dealership, deliver the bikes, throw in a ton of freebies and apologize as profusely as possible to those customers. Sort the financial mess out with the dealer on your own time. Seriously, the sheer stupidity of people that run companies these days...
McLaren Rulez is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 18:10   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Finally, these guys are at least doing something about addressing the elephant in the room. I hope with fingers crossed it helps. All thanks to this one post/thread from Team-BHP, this went up last night on IKM website, now to get them to pay up or deliver.

Announcement Regarding SNK Mumbai Dealership

http://www.kawasaki-india.com/2016/0...ai-dealership/
While it's good to see that they've woken up from their deep slumber, one lame announcement isn't enough. Give the customers their bikes or give them a refund. The sooner they do it, the better it will be for them. We have zero tolerance for fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
So IKM did not know in advance about these delays?
Load of crap, I say. They very well knew about it as their customers have been in regular touch with the company. Neil Shah's emails on the first page of this thread prove that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The change is only when they saw it here on Team-BHP.
In less than 2 days, this thread is already inching toward 80,000 views. Lets see how much longer before this fraud is solved.

@ Neil Shah & others: If Kawasaki has reached out to you, take a deadline (max 7 days) out of them to give you a bike or a refund. If not, proceed with filing a criminal complaint for 420 + other relevant sections. Don't let anyone cheat you of your money.

Last edited by GTO : 11th August 2016 at 18:12.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 18:38   #65
BHPian

So in the email reply to HDFC on 9th of August 2016, Kawasaki confirms that it is the dealer who is responsible for all the mess and they can not do much about it and on 10th of August 2016, on their website note, they say that they were not aware of what was happening at SKM and they recently came to know about this through social media.

That is a lots of bullshit right there, KAWASAKI.

I seriously hope, that all these customer come together, sue KAWASAKI, claim their money with interest, add some harassment & legal penalty and buy a better bike of a different brand with that amount and share the ownership experience here on the forum.

Last edited by noopster : 12th August 2016 at 07:40. Reason: You can say "bullshit" :)
Engine_Roars is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 20:42   #66
BHPian

I have a strong suspicion that the dealer defaulted on its bank guarantee or inventory funding from its financer, leading to a financial mess.
They may have resorted to sort it out with the customers' money hoping for some temporary relief. But ended up in a bigger mess.
Just one of the possibilities I presume.
In these conditions all manufacturer dispatches are usually on hold.

Hope the customers get due justice soon.
Motormania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 21:22   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Send a legal notice. Wait for the reply and if no reply within the stipulated time bring a suit for damages. If possible rope in people with similar problem. You are likely to get a speedy resolve when there are many complainants. The damages will include the amount paid plus interest plus cost of litigation.
The legal compensation should also include damages for causing mental agony, mental torture and undue harassment caused to the consumer due to a totally avoidable predicament, wholly created by the concerned authorised dealer and possibly his principal viz. the manufacturer.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 22:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Very disconcerting to note an authorized dealer of a reputed Japanese Sports bike maker duping customers of their hard earned money (going into several lakhs) & the Bike company shamelessly trying to distance them-self from the dealer and washing their hands off, leaving the customer in deep lurch!
It shows how some of the Global Auto cos. take us Indians for granted!
Now if they want to salvage something of their brand image, they need to publicly apologize to the affected customers, refund the full amount or deliver the bike immediately!
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 23:58   #69
Senior - BHPian

@Anjan - Why dont you first try getting a response out of them. Let them first accept that they are at fault and they need to give the quantified damages. Try talking to them about mental harassment and they will throw your notice out the window.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 09:30   #70
Senior - BHPian

I have a doubt regarding liability. May be legal experts can help. Suppose I want to sell my flat through an agent. The agent gets a prospective customer to view the flat, which he likes and pays a token amount. Agent accepts the amount, however doesn't give me the money. Naturally I refuse to honour the flat sale and tell the prospective buyer to handle it with the agent. Sounds reasonable? Will it make sense for me to honour the sale with no money? Or should I chase the agent who has vanished with the money? Or should the customer have been careful and given the money in my presence or while signing a sale deed?
Likewise has the dealer provided a reciept against the payment in 'his' name or Kawasaki? How come banks released the loan with no VIN or chassis number?
Old 12th August 2016, 09:35   #71
Team-BHP Support

Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative, says "we haven't received...

I'm not sure the flat analogy is correct. In flats the agent is the intermediary but sale and purchase is between flat owner and buyer.

I think in vehicles, your seller is the dealer not car/bike co as far as my understanding goes (happy to be corrected). If the dealer conversely is a classic agency functionality though, Kawasaki India will be liable.

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th August 2016 at 09:38.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 09:47   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative, says "we haven't received...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I'm not sure the flat analogy is correct. In flats the agent is the intermediary but sale and purchase is between flat owner and buyer.

I think in vehicles, your seller is the dealer not car/bike co as far as my understanding goes (happy to be corrected). If the dealer conversely is a classic agency functionality though, Kawasaki India will be liable.
I hope so. By the way Kawasaki is responding, it seems they are legally covered and safe. If they were responsible they wouldn't be so casual about this.

Again if the dealer is the shopkeeper in a layman sense if a shopkeeper doesn't give me the biscuits I payed for do I run behind the biscuit maker or the shopkeeper?

Last edited by apachelongbow : 12th August 2016 at 09:50.
Old 12th August 2016, 10:04   #73
BHPian

With regards to the thread posted by GTO and the situation me and my friends are under, - I Thank all you guys for all your concerns and advice. Thank you GTO for posting this thread.

While on the subject, I got this information from someone that technically speaking - IKM had already instructed Kawasaki Palm Beach NOT to take any more booking from April 2016 onwards. The least IKM could have done was it could have communicated this information to the mass to not approach Kawasaki Palm Beach for motorcycle bookings temporarily which they failed.

While we have friends who have booked motorcycles in March - I came across someone who had paid the money in June too!!!!!!

Even after the news going viral about this blunder, they (IKM) still hasn't reached out to us and till date they haven't even acknowledged the receipt of our emails.

It's sad and disheartening to know that IKM still thinks that they are sitting on the high chair.
Turbotechnixx is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 10:16   #74
BHPian

Kawasaki India has no way to reach the Indian customers. They did try a lot to change the way business is done in India, but they just could not go past the barrier. No foreign company can do good if the tie-up on Indian land is not cooperative enough. Kawasaki having a tie up with Bajaj is the main reason they have no control over anything. It is like having a rich fatherinlaw, it is only free falling from there.

Kawasaki bikes get poor treatment under Bajaj. With KTMs out performing sales, Bajaj really does not care about doing anything to promote or help kawasaki customers.

It is purely unfair to blame Kawasaki in this matter. They no more have any say in how things are done. They have guidelines set, but none of it is followed by the Bajaj dealers. Kawasaki has installed separate service bays, but 100% of the time you will see only a KTM jacked up.
Kawasaki spends a lot on training the grease moneys in Bajaj stable, but most of it is used by Bajaj to build their own bike.
Soon Bajaj might make a Z10R and call it Pulsar10R.

PS: This is my personal experience with Bajaj+kawasaki, and assume that it is the reason this problem has reached till here. May be I am wrong about this specific incident but the problem do exist and it is mainly because of BAJAJ.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 10:22   #75
Senior - BHPian

@apachelongbow~ You will file a complaint/suite against the shopkeeper and have the option of making the dealer/distributor/manufacturer a party. How far can you go claiming damages from the manufacturer depends on your case and whether suit filed under PFAA or the CPA or any other statute.
Conversely the Shopkeeper can also move an application seeking to implead the dealer/distributor saying he has kept the items exactly the same way he received hence they also be made a party.
It can and does get messy and confusing.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed