Join Date: Jan 2014
Thanked: 1,262 Times
| | 2017 Yamaha YZF-R6 unveiled at AIMExpo
Yamaha has finally unveiled the new YZF-R6 which was long due (more than a decade) at AIMExpo, Orlando, FL, USA.
Gets new styling based on the current YZF-R1, updated suspension and electronics, but retains the same engine.
Costs US $12,199, up $1200 from the 2016 model and is available from March 2017 in USA in colours 'Yamaha Blue', 'Matte Black' and 'Intensity White/Matte Silver' Official video: Some pics: Other colours: Official Specifications: Engine:
- Engine Type: 599cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline 4-cylinder; 16 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0mm x 42.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
Dimensions (Metric / Imperial):
- Suspension / Front: 43mm KYB® inverted fork, 3-way adjustable; 120 mm / 4.7-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® piggyback shock, 4-way adjustable; 120 mm / 4.7-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 320mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 180/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 2,040 mm x 695 mm x 1,150 mm / 80.3 in x 27.4 in x 45.3 in
- Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 in
- Wheelbase: 1,375 mm / 54.1 in
- Rake (Castor Angle): 24.0°
- Trail: 97 mm / 3.8 in
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 130 mm / 5.1 in
- Fuel Capacity: 17 litre / 4.5 gal
- Fuel Economy: 15.15 km/l / 42 mpg
- Wet Weight (including full oil and fuel tank): 190 kg / 419 lb
New for 2017 (Official):
- Beauty - Technology - Speed - Meet the All-New 2017 YZF-R6
On track or street, the YZF-R6® was already one of the most advanced and successful supersport machines ever built. For 2017, radical new styling wraps up an even more intelligent racing machine, complete with ABS brakes, new suspension and new electronic rider aids.
- Unparalleled Racetrack Success
The Yamaha YZF-R6 has won more AMA middleweight races and championships than any other 600cc sportbike, making it the number one choice for amateur and professional racers alike.
- Legendary R6 Handling
Already one of the most nimble machines in the supersport class, 2017 brings additional mass-centralization to the proven R6 package along with updated suspension, for improved front-end feedback and greater cornering confidence.
- Thrilling Power and Control
With a class-leading, high-revving four-cylinder powerplant at its heart, the R6 already screams across the start/finish line ahead of the pack, but for 2017, the addition of traction control and D-Modes allow the rider to extract even more performance from the potent engine.
Source and more info & pics
- Thrilling New R-Series Styling
Sleek new fairings immediately signal the serious intent of the 2017 YZF-R6 while boosting aerodynamic efficiency. All-LED lighting creates a sinister new front face, while integrated front turn signals, a new aluminum fuel tank, and R1-style tail section with stepped seat finish off the profile perfectly.
- All-New Suite of Electronic Rider Aids
Thanks to the ride-by-wire Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T®), the 2017 YZF-R6 integrates a range of electronic rider aids to give the rider even more control, including selectable D-Mode engine response, a multi-mode traction control system and an accessory quick shifter.
- R1-Derived Suspension
To ensure absolute confidence in the front tire with ideal feedback, the new R6 features the same KYB® 43mm inverted front fork as the YZF-R1®, tuned to suit the unique characteristics of the R6. A new KYB® rear shock provides a massive range of adjustment as well.
- Upgraded Brakes with ABS
For 2017, the YZF-R6 now features larger 320mm front disc brakes, matched to radial-mount four-piston calipers and a Nissin® radial-mount master cylinder, all right off the R1, for exceptional braking power. ABS is also new for 2017, to ensure braking control across less than ideal road conditions.
Last edited by GTO : 23rd October 2016 at 18:21.
Reason: Orlando, not Irvine :)