Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2016, 18:59   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Kawasaki's middleweight street bike, the Z650 (ER-6n replacement)

Kawasaki's middleweight street bike, the Z650 (ER-6n replacement)-2017kawasakiz650.jpg

Replacing the ER-6N that preceded it, the Z650 features a steel trellis frame that weighs just 33lbs. This frame is also shared with the Ninja 650, and is painted in an H2R-like metallic green.
The 648cc engine has been given the same revisions as the Ninja 650 to make it Euro 4 compliant, and puts out an identical 68 hp, with strong midrange punch. The Z650 also retains the Ninja’s six speed transmission and assist & slipper clutch, which reduces lever effort and provides slipper clutch functionality.

Source : Cycleworld.com
v12 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 10:45   #2
BHPian

re: Kawasaki's middleweight street bike, the Z650 (ER-6n replacement)

Disappointed with the looks... Since it's been rechristened to a Z, was expecting real aggressive headlamps but they seem to have been very conservative. Kawasaki Z styling seems to have dropped a level from the Z800 and Z1000 we currently get to this and the Z900.
Avinash_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 00:23   #3
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki's middleweight street bike, the Z650 (ER-6n replacement)

Brief unveil video of the new Z650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Disappointed with the looks... Since it's been rechristened to a Z, was expecting real aggressive headlamps but they seem to have been very conservative. Kawasaki Z styling seems to have dropped a level from the Z800 and Z1000 we currently get to this and the Z900.
Compared to the Z900, I'd say this has better styling in terms of aggression. We can't really blame the designers for carrying over the aggressive styling across all their lineup else everything would end up looking the same!
Old 15th November 2016, 12:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post

Compared to the Z900, I'd say this has better styling in terms of aggression. We can't really blame the designers for carrying over the aggressive styling across all their lineup else everything would end up looking the same!
I dont want the same styling on all the bikes dude. What I meant was that Kawasaki ensured aggressive yet different styling w.r.t Z800 and Z1000. The headlamp on the Z650 looks like that of the new Apache. Since it has moved to the Z family, I was expecting much sharper styling. The whole body styling is from N650 so I wish they had invested a bit more time in the headlights. That's just my opinion though.
Old 16th November 2016, 13:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
I dont want the same styling on all the bikes dude. What I meant was that Kawasaki ensured aggressive yet different styling w.r.t Z800 and Z1000. The headlamp on the Z650 looks like that of the new Apache. Since it has moved to the Z family, I was expecting much sharper styling. The whole body styling is from N650 so I wish they had invested a bit more time in the headlights. That's just my opinion though.
I agree, but look at it this way, It is by miles better looking than the one it is replacing
Old 28th November 2016, 16:49   #6
BHPian

The seat height of the Z650 would be very comfortable at 785mm and would offer a relaxed driving position wrt, the handlebars. The kerb weight is also pretty less now at 187 kg. A full 7 kilos reduction due to the fairing being shed I guess, along with some other bits and pieces. Handling could thereby be relatively better wrt. the Z650 and the power-to-weight ratio would also be superior.

Comparatively the seat height of the N650 '17 is 790 mm with a kerb weight of 193 kg. It seems like the handle bars are placed a little lower than the current N650, making the seating position a little more aggressive.

I'm considering both of these and seem to be an interesting proposition. The only striking difference that stands out is the styling - the Z650 would be lost in the crowd whereas the N650 would have presence.

Wondering how both would be to drive. And hope they launch all colours here, including the KRT scheme for the N650 and the black for the Z650. The white looks just weird for the Z. The full black looks best for a street naked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks