Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2017, 14:28   #136
BHPian

re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Yes fiesta, this is my first high capacity motorcycle. I have been riding everyday for the last 18 years. I drive the car only on weekends to ferry the family around. In my hunt for my next purchase, I test rode all that is to test ride, additionally I rented three key bikes Z800, Triumph Tiger, Versys 650. My favourite was the Versys, but I wanted more poke and music from the engine, second was the Z800, loved the engine, but felt it should lose 20 kgs, Triumph Tiger XR didn't quite go well with me. So when they announced the Z900 it was all that I was hoping for.

Please do test ride the Striple and the Z900 and buy whatever appeals to you. Please try and getting the test ride on a highway if possible, they are very different on higher rpms.
Hi Surajit,
First cograts for the beauty
Please let me know where and cost in Bangalore you had got those bikes for rent. The showroom guys especially Kawasaki do not provide long test rides. So rental will help to understand the bike better.
Old 27th June 2017, 15:35   #137
BHPian

re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Hi Surajit,
First cograts for the beauty
Please let me know where and cost in Bangalore you had got those bikes for rent. The showroom guys especially Kawasaki do not provide long test rides. So rental will help to understand the bike better.
Hi Prabhul,

Thanks for your wishes, you can try WickedRide.com and Bikersenclave.com in Bangalore, their website details the prices. I found them very expensive but ultimately cheaper than making an emotional superbike purchase to regret later.

Thanks
Surajit
Old 1st July 2017, 18:39   #138
Team-BHP Support

Autocar review of the Z900.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 11:37   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Z900 delivered today.
Congrats buddy. I saw a Z900 at Nandi Hills last Saturday. Was it you?

Quote:
Bhanu, the head of Kawasaki Bangalore service (very knowledgeable guy) recommended higher octane fuel specially HP's Power 99.
That is actually the first time that I am hearing something good about Bhanu. I'll not comment here about his skills and knowledge but one thing that he is infamous for is not taking phone calls. A friend once got so frustrated with him that he went to Kawasaki ASC, secretly stood behind Bhanu and called him. As expected, he ignored the call so my friend patted on his back and told him to answer his call

Quote:
Hmm, can you please clarify, have you experienced any problems with regular 91? Many of my rides takes me places where there is no question of getting anything apart from ron 91
Kawasaki recommends 95 or more RON fuel for Z800 and Z900. HP power 99 is the highest octane (99 ron) fuel available in India right now and it's available only at one petrol station in Bangalore (in HAL area). So that is the best fuel that you can use right now for your bike. Next best available option is BP Speed 97 (97 ron) fuel that is available only on residency road I think. If you stick to either of these, you can just do short breakfast rides unless you carry extra fuel with you.

I mostly use regular RON91 fuel since I live very far from these 2 petrol bunks and I also do some touring. I have never faced any problem with regular fuel. However, I have tried Speed 97 and the bike felt much smoother and more eager with that. So my recommendation is to stick with high RON fuel as much as possible but use RON91 when you don't have an option.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 12:07   #140
BHPian

Congrats Surajit. The black Z with the green frame looks beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
That is actually the first time that I am hearing something good about Bhanu. I'll not comment here about his skills and knowledge but one thing that he is infamous for is not taking phone calls. A friend once got so frustrated with him that he went to Kawasaki ASC, secretly stood behind Bhanu and called him. As expected, he ignored the call so my friend patted on his back and told him to answer his call
Can't agree more. I guess I need to do the same with Bhanu as your friend did, he isn't answering my calls from the past few days

Last edited by atul.ktm : 4th July 2017 at 12:09.
atul.ktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 12:47   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
And, I also know that urge of having that wee bit of extra poke for that extra fun (who doesn't like a bit more juice for faster accelaration) and I can't blame you for falling for an inline 4 engine

My ideal bike would be the Versys with Z900 in-line 4 engine and sound (not like the V1000 and most definitely not at that price point)
You couldn't be more right! My old bones need comfort, but, I have also realised, Versys, Tiger, KTM or Z800 they all feel the same after 6 hours of riding. KTM and Z800 feels a little bit more uncomfortable because of the rear sets

Quote:
Congrats buddy. I saw a Z900 at Nandi Hills last Saturday. Was it you?

Kawasaki recommends 95 or more RON fuel for Z800 and Z900. HP power 99 is the highest octane (99 ron) fuel available in India right now and it's available only at one petrol station in Bangalore (in HAL area). So that is the best fuel that you can use right now for your bike. Next best available option is BP Speed 97 (97 ron) fuel that is available only on residency road I think. If you stick to either of these, you can just do short breakfast rides unless you carry extra fuel with you.

I mostly use regular RON91 fuel since I live very far from these 2 petrol bunks and I also do some touring. I have never faced any problem with regular fuel. However, I have tried Speed 97 and the bike felt much smoother and more eager with that. So my recommendation is to stick with high RON fuel as much as possible but use RON91 when you don't have an option.
The motoring gods hasn't been kind to me, I got to ride only 3 days since I bought the Z900, travelled in the first few days, then down with viral from the last 10 days.

I got the first hand experience of the "Kawasaki-cold-shoulder" during the sales process itself, but they usually called me back. Some of my kawasaki-owner friends had related similar experiences with ASC.

Thanks for clarifying the petrol confusion. Both the HP and BP petrol pumps are within 5 kms from the residence. I will eventually go to RON 91 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
Congrats Surajit. The black Z with the green frame looks beautiful!

Can't agree more. I guess I need to do the same with Bhanu as your friend did, he isn't answering my calls from the past few days
Thanks Atul, wish you get the versys repaired soon.
Old 4th July 2017, 13:44   #142
BHPian

Quote:

The surprising thing is that Triumph recommends 91 RON or more for the new Street Triple (as per the owner's manual). Surprising in the sense that Z900's compression ratio is less compared to one in Street Triple.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 14:48   #143
BHPian

hi,
The less said about Kawasaki customer service the better. It's pathetic here in hyderabad. I was promised z900 delivery first by 22nd june , then 30th june, then by 15th of july. Called up the showroom yesterday but no one answered the phone, messaged them and till date still waiting for a reply. Today finally managed to speak to the gm and he informed me that till september z900 in gray and green(trelis frame) is not available. He promised to call me in 1 hour and that was 2 hours back.

All this after i have paid 1 lakh as the initial booking amount.

The least i expect as a customer is to be updated if the bikes is not available.

Around 20 days back i had written a mail to kawasaki HO but till date no reply from them also. Just makes me wonder now if the customer service is like this from both the company and dealer before a purchase then what will happen after i buy the bike????

Just got the feedback from Kawasaki Hyderabad showroom manager. The price post gst remains same for z900 but...NOW no accessories are been given by the company. Anyone needing them would have to buy.
Can anyone crosscheck with their local dealers about this.

Last edited by SDP : 9th July 2017 at 23:13. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 6th July 2017, 08:02   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
HI,

The price post gst remains same for z900 but...NOW no accessories are been given by the company. Anyone needing them would have to buy.
If this is true, the new Street will do well as the previous did due to the pros that we already are aware of. Moreover, the cutting edge lies with Triumph because of their after sales when compared to Kawasaki. Kawasaki has had a recent split from KTM/Bajaj ASCs and are in process to establish their full fledged setup across India. The service and maintenance experience at their service centers would need to be assessed post the aforesaid.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 6th July 2017, 10:04   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
If this is true, the new Street will do well as the previous did due to the pros that we already are aware of.
Even STripple prices announced were not post GST prices I guess. So it will go up, as with most other superbikes.

IMO, Kawasaki did a very wise move removing the accessories instead of hiking the price, and I've mentioned the same in the past as well ever since STripple prices were announced. No one values those accessories while considering the price difference with competition anyways.

Let's not forget. Triumph clearly mentioned in the website as well that 8.5L is the introductory price. So post GST, both motorcycles might come head to head with a 9L price tag.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th July 2017 at 10:11.
Old 6th July 2017, 10:35   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Even STripple prices announced were not post GST prices I guess. So it will go up, as with most other superbikes.

IMO, Kawasaki did a very wise move removing the accessories instead of hiking the price, and I've mentioned the same in the past as well ever since STripple prices were announced. No one values those accessories while considering the price difference with competition anyways.

Let's not forget. Triumph clearly mentioned in the website as well that 8.5L is the introductory price. So post GST, both motorcycles might come head to head with a 9L price tag.
hi,

Thanks for the reply. But what would happen for people like me who had booked the bike around mid june pre gst and was promised free accessories. Shouldn't the company keep there word as i had booked during there introductory offer period???

I personally don't mind paying extra post gst as i know the increase of price will not be more than 25,000 in view of increase of tax but i have more to lose as now i wont get accessories more than 70000/- as per members here.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th July 2017 at 18:42. Reason: corrected it to "lose" from loose :)
Old 6th July 2017, 11:09   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
hi,
Thanks for the reply. But what would happen for people like me who had booked the bike around mid june pre gst and was promised free accessories. Shouldn't the company keep there word as i had booked during there introductory offer period???

I personally don't mind paying extra post gst as i know the increase of price will not be more than 25,000 in view of increase of tax but i have more to loose as now i wont get accessories more than 70000/- as per members here.
Prices and deals during delivery period is applicable in most cases.

Anyways, better to wait for the official confirmation. Showroom guys may not be right till its official. Many companies including Triumph, Kawasaki etc are all yet to announce their prices officially.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 12:06   #148
BHPian

Z900 launched without accessories at 7.68L ex showroom, pan India

Kawasaki is making the Street Triple look expensive, again.

Last edited by udainxs : 7th July 2017 at 12:09.
udainxs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 12:44   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post

That is some serious price drop! I expected them to release the bike somewhere around the 8.5L mark without the accessories. Accessories like the rear cowl, cushion seats and the USB power socket didn't make much sense to me when they launched it as mandatory accessories! At 7.68L, the bike is now a real threat to the Street Triple, especially if Triumph are planning to increase the price after their introductory offer.
Old 7th July 2017, 12:49   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post

If this is true, we early buyers are going to eat our shoes (maybe even the accessories LOL)
Surajit333 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks