Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2017, 13:08   #151
BHPian

re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

wow ex showroom price of 7.68 lacs sounds too good to be true.btw ninja 1000 lauched at the price of 9.98 lacs and comes with cornering abs, traction control, wheely control etc

Last edited by ashroy_6 : 7th July 2017 at 13:11.
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 13:30   #152
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Is the 7.68 re-add price official? Or are these only through specific dealers or prices of demo bikes? 7.68 was the price the Z800 was launched 3 years ago.
Old 7th July 2017, 13:39   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Is the 7.68 re-add price official? Or are these only through specific dealers or prices of demo bikes? 7.68 was the price the Z800 was launched 3 years ago.
It was the price announced at the launch of the ninja 1000. Ex Showroom across the country, with ready availability. Nothing was said about limited numbers or dealerships
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 14:19   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hi,
This price is the revised price for z900 without accessories PAN INDIA.
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 14:49   #155
BHPian

Killer price!
I am sure z900 at this price will sell in bigger numbers than the z800 did. I was expecting this price revision as there are hardly any Z900 sold at the original launch price.

Even Ninja 1000 received a good price cut almost 2.5L Less than the outgoing one.
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 15:06   #156
BHPian

So, one pays 1.3L less for a bike without a fly screen, engine casing cover, radiator guard and crash protectors? Am I missing something here? If not, it sounds great considering these four things can be bought for around one third of that price, if procured from the likes of R&G, Puig etc.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 15:26   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
If not, it sounds great considering these four things can be bought for around one third of that price, if procured from the likes of R&G, Puig etc.
They just used the opportunity to reposition the bike against the STripple. Now is a good time as people will associate it with GST and accept the pricing.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 17:48   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
So, one pays 1.3L less for a bike without a fly screen, engine casing cover, radiator guard and crash protectors? Am I missing something here? If not, it sounds great considering these four things can be bought for around one third of that price, if procured from the likes of R&G, Puig etc.
It definitely makes more sense to buy them after market since they didn't seem worth 1.3L. Besides, with after market fitting, owners wont have to pay road tax on accessories either.

In Bangalore, thats another 26K saved
Old 7th July 2017, 17:59   #159
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow that's really a tempting price - seriously. Confuses me further whether I should still look for a Versys / Tiger or the Z900. Any idea what would be the Mumbai OTR now?

The Z800 was 7.35 ex showroom and 8.68 OTR Mumbai (Andheri) - but with GST does any one know the new prices?
Old 10th July 2017, 16:15   #160
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
The motoring gods hasn't been kind to me, I got to ride only 3 days since I bought the Z900, travelled in the first few days, then down with viral from the last 10 days.
Could you please share the service intervals for the Z900? Has Kawasaki retained the 6 monthly routine from the Z800?
Old 12th July 2017, 09:59   #161
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Test rode the Z900 yesterday at Kawasaki Pune. The OTR price indicated is Rs 9.8 Lakhs. They still have a few BS III bikes to be sold like Ninja 1000, Versys 1000.

Pros -

- Low seat height
- Major Weight difference w.r.t Z800 and you feel it instantly as you sit on the bike
- Very nimble through traffic. Reminded me of the Street Triple 675
- Relaxed position and not too front heavy
- Shorter gearing for better city commute
- Black color with green Trellis frame looks better than the other color scheme

Cons -

- The ride quality of Z800 is better
- Bike didn't feel planted
- Dunlop didn't seem sticky on damp patches. Maybe the tyres were cold
- Front headlamp and overall frontal look doesn't look appealing and intimidating as Z800 IMO

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 14:17   #162
BHPian

I am totally shocked with the price cut and right now feel like an MTV Bakra. So eagerly booking and buying a newly launched model is not the right thing to do
What is even more frustrating is the atittude of the kawasaki dealer here in bangalore. It has been more than a month since I received my Z900. Till now the bike has not been registered. Since one month They have only been telling some cock and bull story about commissioner Signature pending on some one paper which is going to happen any time. This anytime has not yet happened in one month and my bike doesn't even have a registration number till now. I don't even know what is the actual story behind the scene and the actual reason for this. Definitely the commissioner signature story is a bunch of crap and the actual reason is something else which they are not telling the customers. The bike is running on temporary registration and I hesitate and am scared to take out the bike on road because of this. I think temporary registration in rto is valid for only one month which is already over. So technically speaking I am not even legally allowed to ride this bike on road. Somebody please throw some light on this
I have received the first year insurance policy copy from the oriental insurance company which has no registration number and can you believe it the policy says my bike model is z800 abs. Can it get anymore ridiculous?? Yes when it comes to kawasaki india and kawasaki bangalore it definitely can. I have attached copy of the insurance policy for everybody's reference
As everyone knows Since we were the first buyers we had to buy the Z900 with the accessories since it was launched that way by the company and in bangalore I paid 11.65lakhs for the bike with the accessories. When I took delivery of the bike, the people at Rideventur(The Bangalore Kawasaki dealer) told me that the accessories are arriving in a separate ship from Thailand and will be in bangalore in ten days. Till date the accessories have not yet arrived and the dealer has no clue.
To top all this now kawasaki has launched the bike without accessories for 2lakhs less. I was never interested in the accessories in the first place and most of them like the seat cowl are totally useless for me. And the ones useful like the engine and suspension protectors and the radiator guard are easily available in after market for 15-20k. Then why should I pay 2lakhs more? And since these have not even been fit till now, why should I be forced by the dealer to buy them now just to clear their stock and for them to pass on their headache to us?
And why should I pay the old rate for the bike for which I have not even received complete stuff and not yet been registered till date and the company has cut the price by two lakhs?? I seriously cannot understand
To make matters worse the new Ninja 1000 which has always been my dream bike the price cut has been 4lakhs that too for the 2017 model this is like rubbing salt on my wound
I went to the dealer and asked them what is to be done. Either they need to refund me the balance money since I don't need any of those accessories and which have not even been fit yet or else since my bike has not yet been registered they can take the z900 back and I can buy the new Ninja 1000
They said they are equally pained and have written to Kawasaki headquarters and awaiting reply since all the customers who bought z900 and the 2016 ninja are equally agitated and assured me that this will be taken care of and in my case since I was the first person to book z900 in Bangalore, as a special case they will take some special approval to take my z900 and replace with a Ninja 1000. But it has been more than a week and as usual their only response has been they have completely stopped picking my calls. And they are totally useless and lethargic anyway and I don't have any hope from them and have absolutely zero faith in them. I went to the Kawasaki india website and registered my complaint but yet to hear anything from them either. I am really at my wits end and this is getting very frustrating
Experts please let me know if there is any way out of this mess and can any legal route be taken or can I complain to kawasaki Japan or something and will it be of any help? or all this is just a waste of time and I have to accept whatever is shoved down on me only because I have already paid full money and there is no way out and ultimately customers are the only ones who suffer and need to bear the consequences in India
Somebody help me,please
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)-img_3455.jpg  

rashreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 17:09   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
I am totally shocked with the price cut and right now feel like an MTV Bakra. So eagerly booking and buying a newly launched model is not the right thing to do.
Personally, I feel that they are only saying those things to pacify you and since you don't have anything in writing, all these are empty promises on which they can backtrack at any moment.
Give them time for one day and then send them a notice by registering a case with the Consumer Redressal Forum. I know that excitement takes over, but I would never have paid the entire amount, or taken delivery of the bike without the accessories in the first place.
Old 16th July 2017, 17:50   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Test rode the Z900 yesterday at Kawasaki Pune. The OTR price indicated is Rs 9.8 Lakhs. They still have a few BS III bikes to be sold like Ninja 1000, Versys 1000
Ameya..any hints on their asking price for the N1000 & V1000?
Old 16th July 2017, 18:09   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Regards
Surajit
To start with, Qouting another member who has taken delivery of the bike in Bangalore. Hope he has some better answers regarding the registration.

Quote:
I
I have received the first year insurance policy copy from the oriental insurance company which has no registration number and can you believe it the policy says my bike model is z800 abs.
Don't know if the commissioner story is true or not, but my gut feel is this. They have messed up the insurance with the wrong bike make and now might need to pay out of their pockets to get a new one.

So they might be trying to buy some time by giving you stories till they get it corrected without purchasing a new one.

Quote:
Till date the accessories have not yet arrived and the dealer has no clue.
Absolutely ridiculous. They should have provided the accessories with the bike itself. What's the whole point otherwise?

Quote:
To top all this now kawasaki has launched the bike without accessories for 2lakhs less.

To make matters worse the new Ninja 1000 which has always been my dream bike the price cut has been 4lakhs that too for the 2017 model
Can't help this one though. There will always be a better deal available at some point later after purchase. Had the Ninja 1000 been available when I bought my bike, I would have probably bought it too. Legally and otherwise, the offer and pricing valid at the time of sale is applicable.

The Z900 price reduction itself was just a matter of time. I had been repeating the same both in this thread and the STripple threads as well. Kawasaki was just waiting for the STripple prices to really unveil the full potential of the Z900. However, they totally exceeded my expectations with the pricing though. I expected them to undercut the 8.5L pricing of the Triple, but not by so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
I know that excitement takes over, but I would never have paid the entire amount, or taken delivery of the bike without the accessories in the first place.
+1. Everyone should insist on seeing the actual bike and conducting a full PDI before paying even a rupee more than the initial booking amount.

However, the way the Bangalore dealer has started operations is pathetic indeed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks