Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2017, 14:49   #181
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Nothing has been resolved till now sir. I got in touch with a lawyer and sent them a legal notice. After that they somehow got the bike registered last week. So now atleast I have a registration number. However all the Other issues like the correct insurance policy, accessories and refund portion have not yet been addressed though they have promised to fit the accessories and complete the 1st time service this week. Most casual and careless people I have seen in my life. Completely frustrating
They have completely stolen the joy of buying a new bike
Hi,

At least the issue of registration has been sorted out.

Regarding accessories would suggest you to wait it out. At the time of booking z900 i was also told by the dealer that the accessories will come to them only after few months and will not be given by the bike. I would suggest you to wait it out and enjoy your bike.
Old 16th September 2017, 23:06   #182
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Can somebody please suggest a good gel seat or some other comfortable seat option for the z900
Old 16th September 2017, 23:34   #183
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Can somebody please suggest a good gel seat or some other comfortable seat option for the z900
You can try this https://rideonair.in. I have been using it for the past 2 years and swear by it. I have done distances of 1000+ kms in a day on my N650 with the rideonair seat. I have tried also gel seats but it cannot hold a candle to the rideonair comfort.
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 12:30   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
You can try this https://rideonair.in. I have been using it for the past 2 years and swear by it. I have done distances of 1000+ kms in a day on my N650 with the rideonair seat. I have tried also gel seats but it cannot hold a candle to the rideonair comfort.
Nice. Thanks a lot rbp. How does this work? Need to strap it or just sit on it and ride? Also there are two variants. Nexgen and Nexgen prime.is there a difference? And as per the website the mini is the one that should fit z900 I think since they mention it's good enough for the z800
Old 17th September 2017, 15:53   #185
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Nice. Thanks a lot rbp. How does this work? Need to strap it or just sit on it and ride? Also there are two variants. Nexgen and Nexgen prime.is there a difference? And as per the website the mini is the one that should fit z900 I think since they mention it's good enough for the z800
The seat consists of an outer cover and rubber cushion inside. The rubber cushion is made up of small chambers and you blow air into the chambers
with the provided air pump, do not over fill it, just enough so that there is a thin layer of air between the rider's bum and the seat. This seat is then strapped onto the riders seat using the provided straps. Since the rider is basically sitting on a layer of air, it provides extra cushioning to the riders spine, small road irregularities get absorbed by the rideonair seat.

As for which model to choose, it all depends on the size of the Z900 seat. Pick what the seller suggests. If you see the length of those cushions are a little different.

PS :- On the stock seats of the Ninja650 I could barely do 250 kms and my bum used to go numb and the heat used to get unbearable. Now with these, I can ride on and on.

This seat isn't going to win any beauty contest, if ride comfort is your highest priority then go for these.

Hope this helps.
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:03   #186
BHPian

Kawasaki has discontinued the grey and lime green frame colour scheme in the Z900

This will be replaced with the all black variant which was supposed to be launched in a very limited numbers to gauge response
Old 27th October 2017, 12:00   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Kawasaki has discontinued the grey and lime green frame colour scheme in the Z900

This will be replaced with the all black variant which was supposed to be launched in a very limited numbers to gauge response
Very sad to hear and can't understand the logic behind this. The Grey/lime green was the coolest color combination on the z900 and looks much better than the all black variant IMHO. Maybe they want to introduce a black/green combo similar to the original z800 in the near future. Anyway hope this move will atleast increase the resale value of the grey/lime green model in the years to come
Old 27th October 2017, 12:14   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway hope this move will atleast increase the resale value of the grey/lime green model in the years to come
I know you must be kidding but, since when did color play a role in resale value?

Color preferences are totally subjective and one color may look drool stuff to someone and whereas it might be distasteful for others
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 15:43   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I know you must be kidding but, since when did color play a role in resale value?

Color preferences are totally subjective and one color may look drool stuff to someone and whereas it might be distasteful for others
You will be surprised at how important it is - https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...s-resale-value
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 15:55   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It is important. I am waiting for green Versys to pop up on resale markets, as family minister doesn't want all black vehicle

I saw the Z900 black-green at the service center. Looks amazing, but the rear seat is more like a bicycle luggage rack. I think it would be only 6 inch or less in breadth. Pillion seating seems very difficult on this.

Last edited by ani_meher : 27th October 2017 at 15:59.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 16:10   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
You will be surprised at how important it is - https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...s-resale-value
That's an article for cars. And, if the colors are too bright or unwelcome the resale without saying goes for a toss. But, when the car is company launched stock color and is well kept then resale value will continue to reign irrespective of color (ofcourse, everyone have their own color preferences but, will never decline to purchase a good vehicle just based on it's color) despite what an article or internet tells us

I'm yet to hear a story where someone say " your car is grotesque in color and i will pay you 20 grand lesser"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
It is important. I am waiting for green Versys to pop up on resale markets, as family minister doesn't want all black vehicle
You might find something soon as someone or other keeps selling due to personal reasons like not able to ride or relocation out of country. Mumbai is where you need to keep you eyes peeled out for as Versys sold there by the truckloads
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 16:10   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but the rear seat is more like a bicycle luggage rack. I think it would be only 6 inch or less in breadth. Pillion seating seems very difficult on this.
You should not buy this bike if you plan to do any long range pillion riding as I know you do. The pillion will be in quite discomfort for anything over a few 100 kms. The Versys is your best bet if some sort of pillion comfort is required though my wife swears by the pillion seat of the Heritage. Nothing like a proper backrest for comfort...lolz.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 27th October 2017 at 16:18.
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 20:10   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
That's an article for cars. And, if the colors are too bright or unwelcome the resale without saying goes for a toss. But, when the car is company launched stock color and is well kept then resale value will continue to reign irrespective of color (ofcourse, everyone have their own color preferences but, will never decline to purchase a good vehicle just based on it's color) despite what an article or internet tells us

I'm yet to hear a story where someone say " your car is grotesque in color and i will pay you 20 grand lesser"
Looks like you answered your own question

Back to the Z900, I think its a positive move by Kawasaki that they have decided to launch an alternate all black variant. They seem to have done an overdose of the KRT edition bikes in showrooms and this would be a welcome change.
Old 28th October 2017, 13:42   #194
BHPian

Quote:
I know you must be kidding but, since when did color play a role in resale value?:ee
Though I made the statement in jest I think it does have some impact Avi. Maybe not so much in bikes where the colors in sbks are anyway limited in our country and the approach might be if I don't like the color I rather won't buy the bike itself when I am spending a huge amount and compromise for something that I am passionate about and not just a means of going from A to B
For example I would never want buy the black and pink z800 they had launched some time back even if they offered one lakh discount
But in cars I have seen colors like maroon or green sell for much lesser than red,black or white

Quote:
I saw the Z900 black-green at the service center. Looks amazing, but the rear seat is more like a bicycle luggage rack. I think it would be only 6 inch or less in breadth. Pillion seating seems very difficult on this.
This bike should be the last on your list if pilion comfort is what you are looking for. Completely useless except unless it's for children on a short round/joyride or show off with some lithe nubile young thing with a 24 inch waist
Once I tried to see how it feels as a pilion and the experience was truly scary.i could not last on the pilion seat for more than a couple of minutes.There's not even a grab rail to hold on to and it feels like I am on top of a skyscraper and going to fall any moment. Best is to replace the pilion seat with the attractive seat cowl they offer and use it as a solo bike for all practical purposes

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Looks like you answered your own question

Back to the Z900, I think its a positive move by Kawasaki that they have decided to launch an alternate all black variant. They seem to have done an overdose of the KRT edition bikes in showrooms and this would be a welcome change.
Agree but they should have not stopped the grey/lime green color which looked so nice and they stopped it so soon just 3-4 months after launch
Old 28th October 2017, 18:32   #195
BHPian

Quote:

Agree but they should have not stopped the grey/lime green color which looked so nice and they stopped it so soon just 3-4 months after launch
I visited the Bangalore showroom today and they mentioned even black won't be available for a while.

Meanwhile, the 2018 z900 black and green theme has also changed. The front fender is now matte black as is the black portion of the tank. The green panel below the seat is also matte black
The lower portion of the headlight is black instead of green too

On a separate note, did anyone find the staff at the Bangalore dealership very cool and aloof? They refused to budge on 'handling charges' too

Most Viewed