Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2017, 09:18   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Well had a chat with the sales guy from Kawasaki and he says for anyone (hyderabad) to see z900 and other models they can see it at there showroom in jubliee hills next to audi showroom...The showroom is not ready according to him but the bikes are parked in the basement...This after atleast 30 unanswered calls from my side.
Well, My experience has been the opposite. Phani and Vignesh are extremely receptive. Infact, Phani calls back immediately if he cannot take my call

Quote:
Secondly, i was under the impression that now Kawasaki have there own company showroom but i was informed that the hyderabad showroom is owned by orange auto???
You will get your answers here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4208903
Old 1st June 2017, 11:54   #107
BHPian

re: Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, My experience has been the opposite. Phani and Vignesh are extremely receptive. Infact, Phani calls back immediately if he cannot take my call

You will get your answers here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4208903
Good to know that abhi. I will be going today to check out the z 900. Fngers crossed.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd June 2017 at 20:39. Reason: Please avoid typing... like... this... Thank you.
Old 3rd June 2017, 18:13   #108
BHPian

yesterday went to see z900 and boy ohh boy, it's a sexy looking bike. did'nt take the test ride as it was quite late but the initial impression is that, its good for only 1 person. Pillion seat is tiny and i really don't think anyone would want to sit there for more than 10 minutes.

With regards to the prizing, the dealership is charging 20,000 rs/- as handling charges which i thought was illegal. Had a detailed talk with the sales guys but he did'nt budge regarding the handling charges..

Are Kawasaki dealers charging this in other cities apart form Hyderabad?????
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 19:48   #109
BHPian

Quote:
yesterday went to see z900 and boy ohh boy, it's a sexy looking bike. did'nt take the test ride as it was quite late but the initial impression is that, its good for only 1 person. Pillion seat is tiny and i really don't think anyone would want to sit there for more than 10 minutes.

With regards to the prizing, the dealership is charging 20,000 rs/- as handling charges which i thought was illegal. Had a detailed talk with the sales guys but he did'nt budge regarding the handling charges..

Are Kawasaki dealers charging this in other cities apart form Hyderabad?????
The Bangalore dealer is not charging any such fee. I'm attaching the price split up in Bangalore.
What is the on road price quoted in Hyderabad?
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Z900 unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9 lakhs (with accessories) and 7.68 lakhs (without)-z900-bangalore-price.jpeg  

fiesta_21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 23:21   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
The Bangalore dealer is not charging any such fee.
Notice how they have combined the charges together:
- Temporary Registration charges,
- Temporary Registration Handling charges

Ask them for a breakup against the actual figures.

Also, isn't it illegal to levy a surcharge on Credit card/debit card transactions?
tarunactivity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 11:20   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Bangalore dealer is not charging any such fee. I'm attaching the price split up in Bangalore.
What is the on road price quoted in Hyderabad?
It is clearly listed in 2 lakh amount and how can you say its not being charged by Bangalore dealer?

Ask them to give a break up of that 2 lakh rupees and you will be shocked how many charges would be illegal

Hyderabad OTR is roughly 10.60 lakhs if i remember correctly

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th June 2017 at 11:22.
Old 4th June 2017, 12:05   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It is clearly listed in 2 lakh amount and how can you say its not being charged by Bangalore dealer?

Ask them to give a break up of that 2 lakh rupees and you will be shocked how many charges would be illegal

Hyderabad OTR is roughly 10.60 lakhs if i remember correctly
My bad. I didn't notice the handling charges part. Just read about the RTO registration charges. I will ask them for a detailed split up. The OTR in Chennai is only 10.4 Lakhs. I'm not sure why the price is 1.2 lakhs higher in Bangalore. The total tax that is being applied is close to 26% in Bangalore and 12% in Chennai. Are the taxes so high in Karnataka?
With GST coming, the prices might increase by 3-4% from June end.
Old 4th June 2017, 12:11   #113
BHPian

Quote:
My bad. I didn't notice the handling charges part. Just read about the RTO registration charges. I will ask them for a detailed split up. The OTR in Chennai is only 10.4 Lakhs. I'm not sure why the price is 1.2 lakhs higher in Bangalore. The total tax that is being applied is close to 26% in Bangalore and 12% in Chennai. Are the taxes so high in Karnataka?
With GST coming, the prices might increase by 3-4% from June end.
Bangalore dealers are routinely charging 22%+ under the guise of road tax, endorsement, temporary registration etc when the actual road tax is 19.98%. In this case road tax is only 184000 of the 203000 they claim

Since handling was deemed illegal, they are clubbing it with a bunch of other random stuff.

Triumph is doing the same

Last edited by udainxs : 4th June 2017 at 12:12. Reason: added information
Old 4th June 2017, 23:12   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Bangalore dealers are routinely charging 22%+ under the guise of road tax, endorsement, temporary registration etc when the actual road tax is 19.98%. In this case road tax is only 184000 of the 203000 they claim

Since handling was deemed illegal, they are clubbing it with a bunch of other random stuff.

I guess it is better then to get the bike from Chennai and take it to Bangalore. Anyone has any idea what is to be done in such a scenario? I've seen many people using vehicles from other states but what is the right procedure to do it? Should we get an NOC or something?
fiesta_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 23:50   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I guess it is better then to get the bike from Chennai and take it to Bangalore. Should we get an NOC or something?
The authorities' objection had more to do with the road tax than NOC.

You're legally allowed to ride for a year without paying tax here. It was earlier 1 month in Karnataka
Old 5th June 2017, 00:01   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post

Nothing like that for my Versys 650. Just cross checked the numbers for road tax. However, 4k was charged under miscellaneous charges.

The above numbers are atrocious. Kawasaki and the dealer doesn't deserve a sale if they are so greedy.

Quote:
I've seen many people using vehicles from other states but what is the right procedure to do it? Should we get an NOC or something?
Right procedure involves paying road tax in Karnataka as well, which is a huge amount over the taxes paid in Chennai.

You'll get a refund from Chennai only after changing number to a KA one, which could take a long time.
Old 16th June 2017, 21:21   #117
Team-BHP Support

Finally a short review from Powerdrift. I guess they've kept it short to plan a battle with the STripple.
Old 19th June 2017, 10:42   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post
Here's a link to the owner's manual (Z800,2016 model) that states the AKI of 90 which is equivalent to RON 95 !

https://ownersmanuals2.com/kawasaki/...-65115/page-66
Yes, you are right. I was under the wrong impression that 91 RON fuel is allowed for Z800. Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 18:40   #119
Team-BHP Support

Good balanced review from Zigwheels -

V Box clocked 3.8 secs from 0- 100 kmph.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th June 2017 at 18:43.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 23:37   #120
BHPian

Got my Z900 delivered today. This one exceeded my expectations in terms of ride-ability, surprisingly easy to ride in Bangalore rush-hour traffic. Exhaust note nice and muted. I rode about 50 kms in the city, appears to be a promising everyday bike, if one can live with parking it in our chaotic two wheeler parking lots (which we probably can't). Will definitely try to pen down more ride reports.

How many of us took deliveries? (I for sure know Sundeep aka Rashreddy). Also, non Bangalore guys, did you get your accessories set yet?
Surajit333 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks