Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2016, 16:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ducati offering Rs. 90,000 discount on Scrambler range

Ducati India has announced a discount of Rs. 90,000 on the Scrambler range of motorcycles. This offer has been introduced to mark the 90th anniversary of the Italian two-wheeler manufacturer.

The aforementioned 90th anniversary offer is valid on all four variants of the Scrambler currently on sale in India. The Scrambler range consists of the Icon, Classic, Urban Enduro and Full Throttle. The price benefit will be applicable till December 31, 2016.

After the price cut, the Scrambler Icon (Red) is available at a price of Rs. 6,07,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi), while the Scrambler Classic, Urban Enduro and Full Throttle are priced at Rs. 7,28,000 (ex-showroom Delhi).

Ducati has further partnered with Yes Bank to provide financing options to potential customers. The company is also offering a special scheme, under which, up to three EMI payments will be reduced by Ducati for customers opting to get their bikes financed by Yes Bank. In order to avail this scheme, the customers must be in cities where Yes Bank has presence.

Ducati offering Rs. 90,000 discount on Scrambler range-unnamed.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 29th November 2016 at 16:29.
dZired is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 17:32   #2
BHPian

Re: Ducati offering Rs. 90,000 discount on Scrambler range

Any thoughts?

I think this is a damn good deal?

Especially the base red coloured model

- Nucliomaniac
Old 29th November 2016, 23:20   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
I think this is a damn good deal?
I think if a person is seriously thinking of getting a Scrambler, its now or never.

Is Ducati offering the same deal on Monster 821 as well? I think with Monster 797, Mosnter 821 prices are set to fall.
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 10:44   #4
BHPian

I believe the new Euro 4 scramblers have far improved and smoother throttle response from what I found on the web. Please let me know if anyone has news on this.
Old 5th December 2016, 09:52   #5
BHPian

See the fraud that Ducati dealers are trying out with potential customers.

Ducati India has clearly announced that the discount of INR 90,000/- is on Ex-Showroom, while the dealer is mentioning it as discount on the ON-Road Price..!!

See the screenshot of the dealership mail attached.

I have shot them a reply asking for clarification. Will post the update on this once I receive any communication from them.

P.S - If this is the way they treat / take customers for granted in today's tech savvy world, they are bound to have a whole boat load of issues.

Request to Moderators - Please highlight this in the main page to make other potential customers aware of the situation and help them save money on their new purchases.

Cheers & Ride Safe
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati offering Rs. 90,000 discount on Scrambler range-ducati-dealer-fraud.png  

Surya-TJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 11:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
discount of INR 90,000/- is on Ex-Showroom, while the dealer is mentioning it as discount on the ON-Road Price.
I am not aware of the Tax structure at your place but if Insurance & RTO does add up to what is mentioned in the mail then you should not be bothered much. I think at most of RTO, Road Tax is calculated on MRP and not on invoice prices so there won't be any reduction. Of course, the dealer should give an option to individual to get Insurance & RTO done on their own.
Old 5th December 2016, 13:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I am not aware of the Tax structure at your place but if Insurance & RTO does add up to what is mentioned in the mail then you should not be bothered much. I think at most of RTO, Road Tax is calculated on MRP and not on invoice prices so there won't be any reduction. Of course, the dealer should give an option to individual to get Insurance & RTO done on their own.
This tax structure is for Bengaluru RTO. Please note that Road Tax & Registration is levied on the Ex-Showroom price of the vehicle. If the dealer shows a higher Ex-Showroom price (by INR 90,000/-), the customer stands to lose out by paying almost 15,000 extra as Road Tax & Registration charges (which should technically not be levied) as Ducati India have themselves announced that the discount is on the Ex-Showroom price.

In their official announcement, they have mentioned that the Ex-Showroom price in Delhi for the Scrambler ICON Red is INR 6,07,000/- (the non-discount Delhi Ex-Showroom price is INR 6,97,000/-).

In the larger picture, the dealer also does not have to pay this higher road tax to the RTO, but simply put it under their cushions. So, the customer ends up paying INR 15,000/- extra for no fault of his..!!

This is the problem which I have highlighted; and the whole point of this post.

Hope this clarifies your query.

Request again to the Moderators - Please move this thread to the home page to highlight this kind of unethical behaviour by the dealers.

Last edited by Surya-TJet : 5th December 2016 at 13:45.
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 20:40   #8
BHPian

Reviving this thread

Does anyone know if the Scrambler Desert Sled will make it to India?

Initial reviews are extremely positive calling it a laid back bike that can do almost everything adventure tourers can. Would be keen to see if it makes it here

http://scramblerducati.com/en/bike/desert-sled

Cycleworld goes ga ga here: http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-ducat...st-ride-review
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
This tax structure is for Bengaluru RTO. Please note that Road Tax & Registration is levied on the Ex-Showroom price of the vehicle. If the dealer shows a higher Ex-Showroom price (by INR 90,000/-), the customer stands to lose out by paying almost 15,000 extra as Road Tax & Registration charges (which should technically not be levied) as Ducati India have themselves announced that the discount is on the Ex-Showroom price.

In the larger picture, the dealer also does not have to pay this higher road tax to the RTO, but simply put it under their cushions. So, the customer ends up paying INR 15,000/- extra for no fault of his..!!
Please check with your RTO in Bangalore about this.

I have registered 2 cars in Koramangala RTO and they were very clear that Road-tax and Registration charges are levied on the Ex-showroom price of the model before any discount is applied. Obviously, they are not ready to lose out on a single rupee they can extract from the tax-payer, just because the OEM gave a discount.

As you have also stated, Ducati has offered a discount on the ex-showroom price, and not revised the ex-showroom price itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks