Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2018, 15:32   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Very curious to see how you mount a phone on this mount. Please post photos once you do so.
If the phone mount has a claw that mounts on your handle bar, this one is approx. the same width and works similarly.

The other type of mount is one which fixes under the RVM assy nut.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 15:35   #272
Team-BHP Support

re: One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!

Quote:
Very curious to see how you mount a phone on this mount. Please post photos once you do so.
Planning to put this parallel to the mount, above the console.

One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-screenshot_201811282301072.png

This thing is yet to arrive from Ali Express.

Should protect the device from light rain and there won't be wind blast at that position either, which is a major issue on most motorcycle mobile mounts. Some people have also mounted RAM mounts there, which is my backup option - due to 1. costs and 2. looks. (I like the simpler ones).

Here's a pic provided by a friend, before I ordered these -

One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-img20181122wa0065.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 15:59   #273
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ! My problem is a little different - the mount for Ducati (OEM as well as Navihalter) comes with a end plate like this (bottom right) to install GPS mount. I have to figure out whether a phone can be mounted on this plate using a RAM mount or something.
Attached Images

Old 3rd December 2018, 00:05   #274
Team-BHP Support

Finally after two years - the Versys meets a Ninja that makes it feel part of the Kawasaki family.

One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-img_20181202_0733442.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd December 2018 at 00:07.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 05:55   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Planning to put this parallel to the mount, above the console.

[center]Attachment 1823152[/CENTER

]
For waterproof mount you could have actually tried Solace one, have got good reviews from people I know.

https://www.solacegears.com/Mobile-Mount-23.html

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:12   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
For waterproof mount you could have actually tried Solace one, have got good reviews from people I know.

https://www.solacegears.com/Mobile-Mount-23.html

KK
I didn't know about this product - though i had checked the rynox one which was out of stock. Brand solace skipped my mind.

Will try next time if required. Thank you KK.
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:18   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ! My problem is a little different - the mount for Ducati (OEM as well as Navihalter) comes with a end plate like this (bottom right) to install GPS mount. I have to figure out whether a phone can be mounted on this plate using a RAM mount or something.
Why complicate your life further? (considering an Italian bike is a complication in itself lol). You will probably need to source a ram connecting base plate that mates with this one (if available). The ram base plate will then connect to the actual case which will hold your phone or gps.

Just get a ram mount which directly hooks on to your handle bar like the rest of the world and be done with it.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 20:13   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Why complicate your life further? (considering an Italian bike is a complication in itself lol).

Quote:
Just get a ram mount which directly hooks on to your handle bar like the rest of the world and be done with it.
Haha ... i already have the normal U-Bolt RAM Mount. Issue is that it kind of obstructs with the tank bag when handle is at full lock. If i mount it at a lower central position - then it kind of covers the dash. Hence the best position is centrally above the dash which a RAM mount isnt big enough to reach.
Old 3rd December 2018, 20:19   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Haha ... i already have the normal U-Bolt RAM Mount. Issue is that it kind of obstructs.... then it kind of covers the dash.
See, your ducati is already giving you problems without even getting on the bike.

There's this adv bike called the CT100. You should check it out. Great bike for touring. Bees knees.

Evil
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 20:24   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
See, your ducati is already giving you problems without even getting on the bike.

There's this adv bike called the CT100. You should check it out. Great bike for touring. Bees knees.

Evil
I went to the Bajaj showroom ... but there were already Crazy_driver & Karthik ahead of me in the queue
ethanhunt123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 20:24   #281
BHPian

Quote:

Evil
Now that's a cross batted shot aimed at our young chap, AP.

@ethanhunt123. your such comments are giving me second thought to go with italian one or not.
Old 4th December 2018, 00:31   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
@ethanhunt123. your such comments are giving me second thought to go with italian one or not.

Please .... I am in love with my Multi 1260S. 7k km in 4 months (and its not used for commute to work) :-) You wont go wrong with it.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 09:41   #283
BHPian

Quote:

Please .... I am in love with my Multi 1260S. 7k km in 4 months (and its not used for commute to work) :-) You wont go wrong with it.
I'm 42, and feel younger days are long gone by. So would like to go with a bike which would keep me happy for at-least 10 years. As of now I have 4 options.

1. Wait & Go for Versys 1000, but issue is that, it is not a fully loaded model. Sales team told me they can add Quick shifter, as it comes as genuine accessory. I'll definitely miss semi electronic suspension, cornering lights and TFT screen. Yes quite a bargain.

2. Go with the Italian. But seems V4 for Multistrada is down the line. Confusion Confusion. It is definitely priced much premium. If only the present twin sounded better and there is slight apprehension of quickshifter too. Also reliability down the years is a question mark.

BTW I came to know that a 2001 model Scrambler is doing rounds in Kochi, it was fully restored by Ducati Kochi.

3. Go with 1000XR, we can't go wrong with BMW, right? But the design is dated and features pretty less. Also man is it pricey. 26 OTR + Accessories would easily touch 28.

4. Or chug along with my Z800 and break my back and a**.
Old 4th December 2018, 11:24   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm 42, and feel younger days are long gone by. So would like to go with a bike which would keep me happy for at-least 10 years.
You know, if you would like to do a little bit of everything with the reliability of a Jap for the next 10 years, you can't go wrong with the Honda Africa Twin. Granted there's not as much power available on tap, but it more than makes up for it in other terrains. You'll also enjoy the DCT/auto considering you're looking at quick shifter options and the lot. The latest version comes with Ride by wire and a bunch of other things.

Not to forget Honda maintenance costs long term will just kill the other brands. In addition to the overall reliability of Honda.

All this in consideration of your 10 year motorcycle usage condition.

Go test ride it.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 11:29   #285
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm 42, and feel younger days are l
Quote:
You know, if you would like to do a little bit of everything with the reliability of a Jap for the next 10 years, you can't go wrong with the Honda Africa Twin.
Absolutely agree with Red Liner on this, the only option that I could think of reading your post is the Honda Africa Twin DCT. It is a fun to ride motorcycle, extremely abuse friendly and will easily last more than a decade without breaking the bank.

It won't give you the snob value of a BMW or a Ducati though.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed