Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2019, 08:07   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

re: One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Had ordered saddle stays for the Versys from Zana International, and the order has been refunded. Looks like they are not making the stuff anymore.

Any saddlebags that can be considered without having saddle stays?

Not keen on tail bags like the Viattera Claw, as they make the whole process of climbing the horse rather cumbersome, especially with rain gear on.
Get a top box man. The rides you do, a big top box is perfect to stow away stuff for a few days as long as you pack in a discretionary way.

Even otherwise, i have found top boxes to be extremely useful. That's coming from me, who used to abhor hard luggage.
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 23:38   #362
BHPian

re: One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!

Quote:

Any saddlebags that can be considered without having saddle stays?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Get a top box man. The rides you do, a big top box is perfect to stow away stuff for a few days as long as you pack in a discretionary way.

Even otherwise, i have found top boxes to be extremely useful. That's coming from me, who used to abhor hard luggage.
+1 to what Ramana said. I have become so used to the top box now that I've decided to not remove it at all! It's a boon to carry stuff/ doubles up as a great backrest when my wife is riding pillion / helmet & gear storage on shorter rides when you're not carrying luggage. The uses are myriad. You don't even need to spend top dollar on some fancy boxes either, the one I'm using is from Trek n Ride.
shreyascashyap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 09:01   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
+1 to what Ramana said. I have become so used to the top box now that I've decided to not remove it at all! It's a boon to carry stuff/ doubles up as a great backrest when my wife is riding pillion/helmet & gear storage on shorter rides when you're not carrying luggage. The uses are myriad. You don't even need to spend top dollar on some fancy boxes either, the one I'm using is from Trek n Ride.
+1, you can also opt for side panniers like from Shad, Givi & SW-motech.

I've used hard cases both top box and side panniers in my recent trip to spiti valley. It protects your bike during a fall too.

Can vouch that it really helps in packing, loading and unloading from the bike. Just imagine arranging the luggage, tying the ROK straps/ bungee cords early morning in -4°C or say in rain. My partners used to take 30 minutes to 1 hour for the job, whereas in my case it is 3 minutes job( Maggi ho jayee)

Yes, the bad part is the additional luggage weight, the top box + panniers easily increase the weight by 15 Kg, mind you it is before you stuff your things.

From now onwards, I'm planning to use this combination Topbox + tank bag + additional shoulder bag which can be tied to the pillion seat.
Vasuki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 13:07   #364
BHPian

Hi just went through the entire thread and pretty awesome ownership experience u have shared.
Can u please give me the link for the mobile holder?
Also would this for on a ninja 650? The older one. You ride with a ninja 650 often so hoping you would be able to answer that.
Hamza123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 01:36   #365
Team-BHP Support

Took the bike for the 5th service today with an odo reading of ~24400 kms.

Total bill amount came to 5998/- at Gear Gear Motorcycles + 2298/- for Amsoil Metric 10W40 engine oil procured via Amazon. GGMC service covered the below items -
  • Air Filter changed.
  • Oil filter changed & Oil changed.
  • Brake pads were inspected and found to have a good 50% life left. Safe till next service at least. Both front and rear pads cleaned.
  • Coolant topped up.
  • Clutch cable cleaned.
  • Handlebar triple clamp, switchgear, shield, barkbusters, bar end weights, etc checked and tightened.
  • Chain cleaned and lubed. Slack tightened.
  • All fiber panels removed were cleaned before refitment.
  • Wash included, but not availed. GGMC is still under renovation and the wash facility was unavailable (Neither did the bike need it for now!) Will get the same done sometime later when required.

The breakup of costs till date -

One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-screenshot-20191120-1.34.18-am.png

One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-screenshot-20191120-1.29.33-am.png

One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!-screenshot-20191120-1.28.18-am.png

Quote:
Get a top box man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
+1 to what Ramana said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
+1
Thanks, guys! I have decided to prioritize a top box as the next investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza123 View Post
Hi just went through the entire thread and pretty awesome ownership experience u have shared.
Can u please give me the link for the mobile holder?
Also would this for on a ninja 650? The older one. You ride with a ninja 650 often so hoping you would be able to answer that.
Apologies for the late reply. I have been using this simple holder from Ali Express, which has done its job well for almost a year and ~ 6500 kms. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32819282733.html

That said - please do read pages 18 - 20 of this thread for a more detailed discussion on the topic of mobile holders.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th November 2019 at 01:41.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 15:50   #366

Hi

Will be the proud owner of a Versys 650 this week from Motosaki, Navi Mumbai. I noticed quite a few riders from Mumbai - happy to join the clan. I have been a car person until now and this is my first two-wheeler - and I am anxious as well as excited at the same time. I will be using it for the occasional day/overnight ride and daily commute.

Meanwhile, I have been busy reading through the ownership threads to finalize the functional accessories and ownership tips.

1. Guard/protection - should I go for a full cage that the dealership suggested OR
2. Easy clutch - how beneficial is it going to be?
3. Stock headlights - replace OR should I stay with it for a while and see?
4. Aux lights - I am adding that to wishlist
5. Panniers & luggage rack - adding that to wishlist before a trip
6. Tank grips
7. Bark busters - looks flashy in the city, but useful for trips
8. Sliders - I have Sri's sliders, it looked bulky from pics. Any help to contact would be appreciated

Do the sliders and guards prevent leg getting crushed? I saw some video of Japanese police training () on their Honda and those guards look good!

Looking forward to comments on dos and don'ts while picking up the beauty. Since I embarked on the journey, it has been an eventful ride and I am eager to share with you one day.
sabkaraja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 15:35   #367

Hey guys, got my black beauty on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I haven't got the registration number and here we are looking at the bike standing out there and sighing at what could have been a great weekend.

I will for sure come up with my ownership experience real soon.
Old 8th December 2019, 17:39   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkaraja View Post
Hey guys, got my black beauty on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I haven't got the registration number and here we are looking at the bike standing out there and sighing at what could have been a great weekend.

I will for sure come up with my ownership experience real soon.
Congrats. Have you been added to the versys india group on WhatsApp? All your earlier questions and more will be answered there by a lively bunch. If not, PM me and i will port you to one of the administrators.

1. Guard/protection - should I go for a full cage that the dealership suggested OR
- you have sris guards,fit them on and use them for now.

2. Easy clutch - how beneficial is it going to be? I suggest you get used to the stock clutch. There have been some reports of the easy clutch system malfunctioning on the versys.

3. Stock headlights - replace OR should I stay with it for a while and see?
- stick to the stock headlights. They are crap because the reflectors are designed for halogen. Add aux lights.

4. Aux lights - I am adding that to wishlist
Add right away.

5. Panniers & luggage rack - adding that to wishlist before a trip
Luggage racks are useful. Hard panniers are expensive.

6. Tank grips
Sure. Aliexpress.

7. Bark busters - looks flashy in the city, but useful for trips
- very useful. Add right away.

8. Sliders - I have Sri's sliders, it looked bulky from pics. Any help to contact would be appreciated
-fit them on. They are extremely protective of the bike.

Last edited by Red Liner : 8th December 2019 at 17:43.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 17:41   #369

Hi

How to get in touch with 'Sris' - I stay in Mumbai

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2019 at 10:35. Reason: No discussion on WhatsApp groups please
Old 9th December 2019, 18:13   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How to get in touch with 'Sris' - I stay in Mumbai
And if you dont have sris sliders,then you are out of luck because it is no longer manufactured.

Your posts seem a bit contradictory.

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2019 at 10:35. Reason: No discussion on WhatsApp groups please
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 18:36   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Like i said you have to send me a pm.

And if you dont have sris sliders,then you are out of luck because it is no longer manufactured.

Your posts seem a bit contradictory.
I actually manufacture the material that frame sliders are made from. Get in touch if I can help in any ways.
Old 10th December 2019, 01:11   #372

Quote:
And if you dont have sris sliders,then you are out of luck because it is no longer manufactured. Your posts seem a bit contradictory.
It's a typo in my original post (I meant "I have seen") but it doesn't allow me to edit my post.

My best guess is that it might be disabled for newbies?

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2019 at 10:36. Reason: No discussion on WhatsApp groups please
Old 23rd December 2019, 14:13   #373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey guys, got my black beauty on Wednesday.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Meanwhile, I have been busy reading through the ownership threads to finalize the functional accessories and ownership tips.
Seeing this rather late, as I was busy with year-end work schedules.

Is this all sorted now?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 10:59   #374

Quote:
Congratulations!

Seeing this rather late, as I was busy with year-end work schedules.

Is this all sorted now?

I am having guards+luggage rack crafted by Saurabh, in Andheri.

It would be interesting to know from long-time owners what they liked about their existing guards and if there is something you could customise the crash guards what it would be.
Old 12th January 2020, 09:47   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am having guards+luggage rack crafted by Saurabh, in Andheri.
Any pictures? Hearing of this option for the first time.

Zana probably represents what most people wanted of customized options. Sri experimented with it first, and his design was well appreciated as well. Most people look forward to better coverage (Hepco, for example, doesn't help if the indicator hits the hard ground) and options to mount the auxiliary lights.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th January 2020 at 09:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks