Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2017, 23:18   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Tenkasi route? How safe it is for bikers, specially post day time? And are there any facilities for food and refreshments?

Or Cumbum - Kumily?
Tenkasi route via Thenmala/Punalur is safe post sunset nothing to worry. I have done this route thrice on bike to reach Kollam well past midnight.

With Eateries have stopped over at Bell Monkey Restuarant once. Food was average.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 01:00   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tenkasi route? How safe it is for bikers, specially post day time? And are there any facilities for food and refreshments?

Or Cumbum - Kumily?
Did tenkasi coutrallam shenkottai to Trivandrum onward. lovely roads.

Did allepey Kumily cumbum return on the versys and the roads were superb all the way. Stunning route. GPS mandatory. Started at 5.30 am and touched Bangalore by 5.30 pm. At home by 6.30 pm.

Last edited by Red Liner : 3rd February 2017 at 01:03.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 01:22   #48
Team-BHP Support

re: One bike to tame them all! 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650. Edit: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Tenkasi route via Thenmala/Punalur is safe post sunset nothing to worry. I have done this route thrice on bike to reach Kollam well past midnight.

With Eateries have stopped over at Bell Monkey Restuarant once. Food was average.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Did allepey Kumily cumbum return on the versys and the roads were superb all the way. Stunning route. GPS mandatory. Started at 5.30 am and touched Bangalore by 5.30 pm. At home by 6.30 pm.
That's great then. Will try the routes next time I visit hometown. Too used to the Nagercoil route that it's boring these days.
Old 3rd February 2017, 02:02   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's great then. Will try the routes next time I visit hometown. Too used to the Nagercoil route that it's boring these days.
Tell me about the Nagercoil route, boring as hell. Kumuly or Thenmala route would be preferred any day. Most of my Kollam trips are in this route.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 09:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why the Versys 650? My biking history.

Quote:
The Versys 650 -
Awesome writeup ! Was fun reading too especially with the pix of you on the Avenger and Scrambler. The look on your face
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 10:16   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Ramana : You are one silent dude! Munching miles by the 1000's and nobody even knows about it.

Knowing you by now, I lost all hope to expect another block-buster Versys thread from you like C_D

At-least keep sharing pictures from the scenic routes that you take for your solo long rides? Is that asking for a lot?

Btw, what's your Versys odo-meter reading now?
Old 3rd February 2017, 11:13   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ramana : You are one silent dude! Munching miles by the 1000's and nobody even knows about it.

Knowing you by now, I lost all hope to expect another block-buster Versys thread from you like C_D

At-least keep sharing pictures from the scenic routes that you take for your solo long rides? Is that asking for a lot?

Btw, what's your Versys odo-meter reading now?
Lol. I have not taken a single picture on my trips in the past 10-15k kms. The phone was a pure GPS machine.

Clocked about 20k since may.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 14:47   #53
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lol. I have not taken a single picture on my trips in the past 10-15k kms. The phone was a pure GPS machine.

Wow 20K kms already !

Assuming that your V650 would have already undergone 3-4 service intervals, could you please share the service costs including break-ups? Any niggles or issues to report?

Any idea how will the aftersales will be affected cost-wise after the Kawasaki-KTM split? I guess Kawasaki service is expensive due to higher labour costs when compared to KTM.
Old 3rd February 2017, 17:57   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Woah! 20,000kms in 8 Months is phenomenal.

Get a me a job or moolah that lets you do this

How about sharing the plus and minus points of your experience till 20K kms? It would be a great insight to a few of us who are million miles away from that milestone

And BTW, in case you decide to share it and hoping you would (a nice detailed post) be brutal with your feedback as that's what we like out here on the forum !!!
Old 4th February 2017, 01:11   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Awesome writeup ! Was fun reading too especially with the pix of you on the Avenger and Scrambler. The look on your face
Avenger and Navi you mean.

My expression was really weird on the Scrambler. In fact, I was wondering whether to put that pic, then finally thought - what the hell!

We keep getting updates from Subu about your rides. Enjoy and ride safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Assuming that your V650 would have already undergone 3-4 service intervals, could you please share the service costs including break-ups?
Till he replies, here's one post that I found very handy. Service costs of a Ninja 650 for 56k kms.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3725967
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 01:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review Sujay! You filled up the first page

Looks like tried almost all the bikes before you settled for the Versys. Here's wishing you thousands of happy miles!

We'll ride together soon

PS: Be careful when getting the bike pressure washed (specially the radiator fins). Have heard stories of bikes getting their electronics messed up.
Old 4th February 2017, 11:22   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Awesome review Sujay! You filled up the first page

Looks like tried almost all the bikes before you settled for the Versys. Here's wishing you thousands of happy miles!
Thank you. Like a kid in a candy store, I wasn't sure which one to go for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
PS: Be careful when getting the bike pressure washed (specially the radiator fins). Have heard stories of bikes getting their electronics messed up.
Had been warned of the same earlier by friends. Hence gave it to Torq92 store which specializes in big bikes. Hopefully, they know their job.

Most of the time I'll only be washing it though!
Old 4th February 2017, 19:06   #58
BHPian

Bravo CrAzY dRiVeR Bravo , heart felt appreciation. For taking the plunge. Absolute brute of a bike.

Sold the Punto then ?, I too had let go off my Tumblr (had a 93hp Fiat). But settled for a more sedate Sedan instead due to the space constraints.
Old 6th February 2017, 12:21   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Excellent write up. Read the whole thing in one go and I could associate myself with whatever you said.

Mobike's thread made me book the V and now this thread justifies the decision. Two of the most wonderful threads about the V650 is now on TeamBHP. Will be real helpful for the international community too.
Completely agree with sps. Thanks to Avi and Crazy Driver and their awesome updates, I too took the plunge and booked Versys 650 on last Saturday . Now the long wait. Hope the Kawasaki guys keep their 25days delivery promise

Looking forward to meeting these amazing folks during future Versys meets.
gprajeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 12:58   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
Bravo CrAzY dRiVeR Bravo , heart felt appreciation. For taking the plunge. Absolute brute of a bike.
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
Sold the Punto then ?, I too had let go off my Tumblr (had a 93hp Fiat). But settled for a more sedate Sedan instead due to the space constraints.
Punto continues to chug along, currently with 1.36L kms on the odo. Thanks to the low resale value of FIAT + high market prices for most of the recently launched 'hit' cars, it will continue to be in the family for as long as it can be reliably used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprajeesh View Post
I too took the plunge and booked Versys 650 on last Saturday .
Welcome to the gang.

Hope you are added to the Versys whatsapp groups already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprajeesh View Post
Hope the Kawasaki guys keep their 25days delivery promise
Did you book at the Kawasaki showroom itself? There is a Bajaj - Kawasaki split happening (rumour, but can't be false info), so there might be some delays.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks