Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2017, 18:08   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Versys 650: Horrible experience with Kawasaki & its dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerzindia View Post
The same has been replaced thrice already in matter of 6000 kms also I have had an accident on it due to mechanical failure. So I don't agree to sit on that ticking bomb again. Also these guys can not in anyway assure me that they have found the root cause and that they can fix the issue. All they are doing is blaming me saying that my riding is an issue. I even offered him saying I would record the next 3,000 kms and give them the recording so that if indeed I don't know to ride then they can have records to prove it. But they flatly refused.

Now I am hell bent on getting all mails and records as to why my bike was fixed twice under warranty even after I told them that I would pay if they prove that it has happened due to my mistake.
I can sense the anguish you are going through after having paid 8+ lacs with really tons of expectations & excitement of having bought a world class product. I think negotiating with Kawasaki seems to be a waste of time esp. if you have made up your mind, have patience & evidence to take them on legally. Somewhere someone must take a stand up since that gives a lot of confidence to others who are facing the same issue. Good luck with what ever route you take.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 18:10   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I agree to the guinea pig part ^^, 3 times is too many times and accident seriously worrisome.

What baffles me is... instead of doing this part by part replacement, why cant they just replace the whole assembly for once and for all?
If my understanding is right -

1. First time it was done at Delhi.
2. Issue repeated when the bike was taken in for inspection at the Bangalore center. Issue repeated. Bangalore guys suspected the work done at Delhi and did it again.
3. Issue occurred again. And the offer standing from IKM was to take the bike on their expense to factory and back, and inspect and replace necessary components, provide a technical report once done and extend the warranty.
*Note - This was after escalation.

Personally, I would have given one more chance as the Indian legal system takes its own time and I feel the missed service is a big loophole. Also, factory guys could have diagnosed things better than the workshop mechanics.

But then, it's easier said than done and it is his hard earned money involved. So wishing bikerzindia the best with the legal battle.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 19:09   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
If my understanding is right -

1. First time it was done at Delhi.
2. Issue repeated when the bike was taken in for inspection at the Bangalore center. Issue repeated. Bangalore guys suspected the work done at Delhi and did it again.
3. Issue occurred again. And the offer standing from IKM was to take the bike on their expense to factory and back, and inspect and replace necessary components, provide a technical report once done and extend the warranty.
*Note - This was after escalation.

Personally, I would have given one more chance as the Indian legal system takes its own time and I feel the missed service is a big loophole. Also, factory guys could have diagnosed things better than the workshop mechanics.
Yes your understanding is correct. A few points to be added to

1) First time it was repaired in Kawasaki/KTM combined Service center Delhi by the "Best Kawasaki Expert" in their words. Here while picking itself I said the gear shifting is not normal and they said it should be alright in 500kms. Rode Delhi to Bangalore and it became worse, took it to KTM Indiranagar service station, he did minor adjustments and said it should be fine, was not satisfied, got it opened and saw that the it was screwed up
(Now my 2 question would be
a) In-spite of me saying something is wrong, the technicians said All is well, had I not missed the 6000kms service which was a general check up, would the technician had found it?
b) When I told them to share the report in Delhi and that I would pay for the clutch assembly, why did they change it under warranty without sharing the report? Parts cost would have been close to 35,000 here. This thing repeated in Indiranagar SVC this time with many more parts like a few engine components being replaced, am sure the bill would have been closer to at least a lakh)
2)The day I took it from Indiranagar again I told that the clutch is hard and the gear shifting is not as it was when I first took the bike during new delivery, I was told all is well, yet I took it to Kawasaki SVC Kasturba Road and he too made minor adjustments and said All is Well and it would smoothen out in 500 kms. Post 500 kms when it did not smoothen out I took it again to Kawasaki SVC Kasturba Road and Bhanu Said All is Well. I told him it was not but then again he said try.
3) So after riding for about 2500 kms since Last change at Indiranagar I was supposed to ride to Goa, and that would have overshot the 3000kms so I again took the bike to SVC to find that one clutch plate has worn off abnormally and the hub too has worn off. When I asked Bhanu, he said I shall change the clutch plate and fix it and it should be fine. this is when my temper rose and I escalated the matter.

So if 2 times KTM technicians and 2 times Kawasaki technicians could not find out the issue in-spite of me telling, would they have found out during the 6000kms service?

I have taken enough chances and wasted enough time with KTM & Kawasaki and money too. So I think trying out the legal system once is a better bet.

Last edited by bikerzindia : 21st June 2017 at 19:13. Reason: Addition of a point.
Old 21st June 2017, 23:26   #94
BHPian

Best of luck for this Prado. I hope you get justice soon.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 06:58   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Best of luck for this Prado. I hope you get justice soon.
Thanks Bro.

Part 4 of Let the good times roll!!
Conversation with an #IKM India Kawasaki Motors employee.
This conversation happened in April 2017.

Friends please feel free to spread a word of caution to prospective buyers of this not so premium service of a very premium brand for which you pay a bomb just for the brand value.
bikerzindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 00:09   #96
BHPian

Good evening friends, as promised earlier I have made a petition on change.org with regards to amendments in consumer laws and introduction of Lemon Laws not just with respect to cars and bikes but also with respect to other consumer electronics.

I request you to please sign this petition and share this with friends who drive and ride. https://www.facebook.com/bike.india....47?pnref=story

I have taken my personal fight to the Consumer Court so this is not about me. This is a change which we want for all of us and our future generation, so please do not hold back .

Thanks and have a great week.

Pradosh Hattikudur.
bikerzindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 01:10   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerzindia View Post
I have taken my personal fight to the Consumer Court so this is not about me.
If the case has been filed, is it a wise idea to further create such petitions. The matter is already considered sub-judice right?

Incase they win, what if they go ahead and claim for defamation?

Legal experts can comment further.
Old 1st October 2017, 14:52   #98
BHPian

Hi,

Finally my case has been submitted and has been admitted by the consumer court and a notice from the court is on its way to India Kawasaki Motors Pvt. Ltd., KTM India & to Popular Motor Corporation (dealer where I purchased the Bike). Let us see how it shall move and how & when my "Good Time Rolls"
Attached below is a snapshot of the case proceedings.

Versys 650: Horrible experience with Kawasaki & its dealers-kawasaki-case-snapshot.png
Snapshot of proceedings in Consumer Court
bikerzindia is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 09:48   #99
Team-BHP Support

Hi Pradosh,

Did the court hearing happen on the 2nd of November as mentioned in the earlier screenshot? Any news from the same?

I see that the next hearing is on the 16th of November.
Old 4th November 2017, 11:27   #100
BHPian

Hey thanks that you asked for an update and you are keen. Yes the hearing did happen both Kawasaki & Bajaj Auto lawyers did show up and nobody represented Popular Motor Corporation the dealer. The Kawasaki lawyer gave an affidavit & asked for 30 days extension to file an objection but the judge gave them just 2 weeks and asked them to file objections in that time as well gave Popular Motor Corporation time to represent. Hopefully should have a fair update in the next hearing.

The Bajaj Auto lawyer told me that Bajaj had no hand in this post April 2017 and I told him that it's my right to throw the accusations at them and it is for the judge to make the decision and not them or me to decide whom to hold responsible.

The way these companies try to harass the customers further is by taking adjournments and delaying the case. I am feeling that tables have now turned & the judges are on pressure to dispose cases at the earliest.

This seems to be going in a right direction whatever be the outcome, the speed at which it is delivered is more important for me.

Thanks for concern. Hope laws work in the best interest of the consumers.

Last edited by bikerzindia : 4th November 2017 at 11:29.
bikerzindia is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 21:40   #101
BHPian

Versys 650: Horrible experience with Kawasaki & its dealers-consumer-court-.jpg

Lawyer from Kawasaki requested to give 4 weeks time to post objections but judge gave him just 2 weeks.
bikerzindia is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 23:55   #102
BHPian

Last time in the court, there was a small misunderstanding on my and my counsel's part. Representatives for OP1 India Kawasaki Motors & OP3 Popular Motor Corporation had come & OP2 KTM India did not send a representation. Same this time ie on 16 Nov 17.

A new information learnt is that there is no entity such as KTM India or any registration under registration of Companies so on basis of those technicalities, even though notice has been sent to KTM India on the address listed in their website, the notice has neither been served nor has been rejected yet. So on the next hearing date, Bajaj Auto Limited has to be made OP2 being the mother company who sold Kawasaki CKD bikes under KTM India's Name(Technically).
Versys 650: Horrible experience with Kawasaki & its dealers-ktm-india.jpg

OP1 India Kawasaki Motors have filed their objections with huge fat file having over 100 pages (16 odd pages of objection +photocopies of Manual) & so also OP3 Popular Motor Corporation has filed their objections in 2 pages asking to dismiss the case.

Guess technically again the notice has to be sent to Bajaj Auto Limited and 15 days to 1 month time has to be given for them to appear & give their version before going to the evidence.

The next hearing date is scheduled for 28 Nov 2017.
Versys 650: Horrible experience with Kawasaki & its dealers-consumer-court-latest-.jpg

Last edited by bikerzindia : 17th November 2017 at 23:57.
bikerzindia is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 10:06   #103
Senior - BHPian

I had a discussion about your case with Lalaram, the head mechanic at Aurum Automobiles, Delhi who was previously with Bagga Links and had handled your bike there. He said that the bike came to him in a previously repaired condition from some other dealership. He was clueless at what went so drastically wrong with your bike. He seemed a very competent person to me by the way he did service jobs on two other bikes in my presence, one was a oil seal leak on a Z900 which was earlier repaired from outside. He was very knowledgeable and also consulted the service manual for the exact amount of oil to be replaced etc. So I am very perplexed by the ordeal you had to face. He too has not encountered clutch failure so early in a bike's life in hundreds of Kawasakis he has since serviced. Perhaps it is just plain bad luck as also happened to me where both my wheel rims of my Ninja 1000 got bent on day 1 while going over a big pothole. Luckily for me Kawasaki replaced both of them under goodwill warranty otherwise I too may have joined you at the Consumer Courts. Keep at it mate but try to reach a agreement with IKM if possible. Just a personal opinion.

Cheers....
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 10:19   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Keep at it mate but try to reach a agreement with IKM if possible. Just a personal opinion..
I have advised him the same multiple times. Coming to an agreement would be the quickest, painless and mutually beneficial solution

Prado : Lemons/ill-fated situations are there in every brand and it is just pure bad luck that a passionate rider like you are unable to ride your bike

I feel for you. Keep at it but, also look for meeting somewhere in between
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 11:39   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
He said that the bike came to him in a previously repaired condition from some other dealership.
Yes. As per his initial post - the clutch was first opened at the Assam KTM service center, where the technician mention that the clutch assembly was damaged due to a lack of oil circulation to the clutch.

As per their advice on the spares availability - the bike was shipped to Delhi afterwards.

Most Viewed