Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2022, 20:35   #46
BHPian

Re: The Harley-Davidson Street Rod 750. EDIT: Launched @ 5.86 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
I have been riding the Street Rod since last two days, and boy indeed its a thigh roaster
One thing that got me worried, is, last evening in terrible bumper to bumper traffic, the bike gets very very hot, so in the next signal after about 30 mins of bumper to bumper riding, I switch off the ignition, dial down the key to save battery discharge and wait for the signal to turn green. Now when I wanted to fire up the bike, it just would not start and the check engine light stayed on. After taking some advice from the guys we bought the bike from, we decided to let the bike cool down on the side after switching off completely and waited for 20 mins. After cooling it down (which happens pretty fast), the bike came to life at one thumbing. After this incident, as soon as I see a traffic light red for > 15 seconds, I kept switching off the bike. I had to do this at about 5 to 6 signals before reaching home, and never had the same trouble again. But the thing is, the check engine light is now permanently on.
I need to take her up to the SVC as soon as possible and get it diagnosed. My guess is, probably me or my friend, ended frying up some sensor during the initial ownership time when we were not privy to these points to be taken of.

Any similar experience by fellow BHP-ians?
It could be a number of things, first thing you need to do is to check what dtc code the ecu has registered.
There is a process to use the speedometer to display what exact code has triggered cel. Make use of YouTube.

Last edited by Alka panwar : 19th May 2022 at 20:37.
Alka panwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 22:31   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
I have been riding the Street Rod since last two days, and boy indeed its a thigh roaster
One thing that got me worried, is, last evening in terrible bumper to bumper traffic, the bike gets very very hot, so in the next signal after about 30 mins of bumper to bumper riding, I switch off the ignition, dial down the key to save battery discharge and wait for the signal to turn green. Now when I wanted to fire up the bike, it just would not start and the check engine light stayed on. After taking some advice from the guys we bought the bike from, we decided to let the bike cool down on the side after switching off completely and waited for 20 mins. After cooling it down (which happens pretty fast), the bike came to life at one thumbing. After this incident, as soon as I see a traffic light red for > 15 seconds, I kept switching off the bike. I had to do this at about 5 to 6 signals before reaching home, and never had the same trouble again. But the thing is, the check engine light is now permanently on.
I need to take her up to the SVC as soon as possible and get it diagnosed. My guess is, probably me or my friend, ended frying up some sensor during the initial ownership time when we were not privy to these points to be taken of.

Any similar experience by fellow BHP-ians?
Often the ECU error is for something minor. As suggested earlier find out the error code. I often get an O2 sensor error which got me very worried when it first came but now I reset the check engine light and the error goes away on its own.

So first check what error it is. If its some minor error and you find so difference in the performance of the bike just ride it normally and reset the check engine light. If it comes on again immediately or the error code is something a little more serious then have the bike looked at else carry on riding.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 11:29   #48
BHPian

Thank you both @Alka & @bf1983, some youtubing helped. Thankfully HD community is pretty strong, and there's tons of information.
There was an ECM error, and the code is P0374. Tried looking up on the internet, seems it is a CKP sensor issue.
I will let it reset for now, and if it comes back on, I am going to take it to the SVC. In any case a thorough service is due, since the dealer whom I bought it from could not provide me a service history. The bike has run about 7300 km with the previous owner surprisingly low figure for a 2018 April registered bike. I seriously doubt it has been serviced 4 times before being sold.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 19:31   #49
BHPian

My street rod is up for a tyre change. Any recommendations where i can find it in Bangalore?

Most Viewed