Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 17:33   #31
BHPian

re: BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2

Very sensible pricing indeed. Almost 10Lac less than what was being charged for the imported version. Hoping the spare prices will be in accordance with this retail pricing and not as before !

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 22:11   #32
BHPian

What in the world?
That's phenomenal pricing.
The 1200 gs is a little too huge for daily commuting in my opinion.
Bring in the 800gs please and price it effectively and you would make a long time GS fan super super happy.

Any word on the 800GS or the 650GS?
Old 10th April 2017, 22:31   #33
BHPian

BMW Motorrad Officially Commences Operations In India; Prices Announced:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/bmw-motorr...ounced-1679581

very attractive pricing. Especially the adv bike category is seeing good stuff made available in India, and this segment is going to flourish well. let the competition come in, and make the customer happy in bargains.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 14:19   #34
BHPian

Re: BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2

Great pricing indeed. The S1000RR is priced very close to ZX10R. BMW is not asking for a premium for it's brand name? Hard times ahead for Kawasaki, specially after their price hike due to end of partnership with Bajaj. Good times for the customers though.
Old 12th April 2017, 01:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Great pricing! The initial batch will be CBU (not Thailand)
I'm sure they are losing money initially. Waiting for Delhi dealer to be announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
What in the world?
That's phenomenal pricing.
The 1200 gs is a little too huge for daily commuting in my opinion.
Bring in the 800gs please and price it effectively and you would make a long time GS fan super super happy.

Any word on the 800GS or the 650GS?
I think the > 800cc homologation issue might be at play here. Doesn't make sense to homologate with the pricing of 1200's being so inviting.
Old 12th April 2017, 07:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I think the > 800cc homologation issue might be at play here. Doesn't make sense to homologate with the pricing of 1200's being so inviting.
Having ridden both the F800GS and the 1200GS on a relatively longish road trip overseas a few years ago, I know for a fact that the latter won't serve up well for everyday use in most of the Indian cities. In fact, the 800 is also a little overkill for our kind of roads. But heck, it's the best fit amongst all these tourers for most of our riding. And it's just a well balanced, incredibly efficient bike to own and ride.

For me atleast, it would be impracticle to invest so much money on a motorbike which I will only use twice a week over the weekends. It has to be a 'capable daily driver' too.

Fingers crossed and not giving up hope for the 800 or even the 650.
sharkbait is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 08:32   #37
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the BMW MD is leveraging his ex Harley connections. The Harley dealer in Bangalore is opening up the BMW Motorad showroom right alongside the HD one. Lavelle Road will be buzzing!

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_0159.jpeg

Last edited by ajmat : 12th April 2017 at 12:44.
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 12:10   #38
Team-BHP Support

Mod note: Thread moved to Superbikes & Imports section.
Old 12th April 2017, 14:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Looks like the BMW MD is leveraging his ex Harley connections. The Harley dealer in Bangalore is opening up the BMW Motorad showroom right alongside the HD one. Lavelle Road will be buzzing!
Do you have any idea when the showroom will be operational?
Old 12th April 2017, 16:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Contrary to the mood that the pricing is acceptable, I am personally a bit disappointed.

Where are the 800cc bikes F800R or the F800GT or even the 800GS?
I agree they are pointless if brought in via CBU, but what about bringing in via CKDs or something. They already have the production line ready with TVS.
A entry level pricing of around 7 Lakhs could be achieved in this case for the 800cc range, which would have been excellent.
Old 12th April 2017, 17:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Contrary to the mood that the pricing is acceptable, I am personally a bit disappointed.

Where are the 800cc bikes F800R or the F800GT or even the 800GS?
I agree they are pointless if brought in via CBU, but what about bringing in via CKDs or something. They already have the production line ready with TVS.
A entry level pricing of around 7 Lakhs could be achieved in this case for the 800cc range, which would have been excellent.
Agreed.
I would definitely be a buyer at that price point.
Anyone has any insights on why this hasn't happened already or what the timeline for such a launch might be?
Old 12th April 2017, 19:45   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Watching reviews of the s1000xr is definitely not helping matters - AT ALL!

160 bhp. Holy mother of christ.

That is just one sweet motorcycle. I think anyone who got a Ducati multistrada in the past few months must be kicking themselves to sleep every night.

Might that include the motorcycle editor from overdrive?
Old 13th April 2017, 10:27   #43
BHPian

Managed to attend the Mumbai launch event yesterday. As expected, the place was packed with free food and music flowing well with the parked beauties (two wheeled kinds). Checked out the GS1200, GSA, S1000RR, S1000R and the RNineT. The build quality looks fab along with the paint finish.
As per the grapevine going around the place, 21 bookings were bagged at the event and the first lot coming into the dealership seems sold out. The standard S1000RR was at 19 lakhs ex showroom mumbai which to my mind is a very competitive price considering the bigger ducatis, aprilia RSV and R1 are eye watering expensive. It also puts in perspective the huge margins the dealers were charging previously on the motorad lineup.

Few pics from the event
Attached Thumbnails
BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_1523.jpg  

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_1522.jpg  

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_1513.jpg  

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_1514.jpg  

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_1515.jpg  

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_1519.jpg  

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_1520.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th April 2017 at 11:08. Reason: See rule #11
narula123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 10:56   #44
BHPian

K1600 GTL price is inviting. I was in a jeopardy to do a Transfer-Of-Residence for my 2014 K1600 GTL, but with this relatively saner pricing, it's a no brainer to pick a new one. My 2.5 year depreciated customs would have been ~16-18 lakh including shipping. The 2017 model adds wider windshield, electric kickstand, electric reverse and ABS PRO. I would not have been able to retrofit/shoehorn all of these on 2014. Not to ignore the detuning from ECU for Indian conditions.
devsoftech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 12:13   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

This is fantastic news and a great move by BMW. I think with these pricing they have really put some pressure on Triumph and Ducati

I'm keenly interested only in 1200GS and 1200GSA and it's a dream bike for most of us. But, it's massive size and proportions are for a purpose-serious touring. It's a colossal waste of money for folks who just buy it for weekend or shorter rides

I'm sorely disappointed that they did not launch the F800GS and this should have been part of the line-up and they would have killed competition from ground up if it was priced in the vicinity of 10 lakhs. I would have been an instant customer for this product

Now seeing this Honda is putting their launch in top-gear and coming in July with the Africa Twin. It should be an interesting duel between the GS1200 and Africa Twin considering both will be closely priced

Also, like Redliner mentioned what is important is to see its service intervals and typical cost of service (assuming it will be cheaper akin to service cost of bikes via. the imported route) but, what would be interesting is will it be cheaper than a Ducati service?

Finally, I'm sure lot of Ducati Multistrada customers must be cursing BMW for their pricing and already planning to switch over..LOL!

It will be an interesting year ahead giving us prospective customers plenty of options to choose from. I will personally wait until 2018 before upgrading with GS1200, Africa Twin high on my radar which can only be messed up if an F800GS comes at a mouth watering price as I feel 1200cc engines are an overkill for Indian conditions.

And, then there is the popular route liked by many on forum, the "pre-worshipped" market for these beauties

Now it's time to watch the show from the sidelines

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th April 2017 at 12:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks