Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 15:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: The Brothers' Triumph Bonneville T120

Totally forgot about that. Definitely worth the wait, it looks way better than the ST, and should be much smoother to ride. Worth the wait if there's a Kawasaki dealer in his town/city.
Old 1st November 2017, 15:26   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Worth the wait if there's a Kawasaki dealer in his town/city.
Bangalore is undoubtedly the leading destination in India for motorcycle enthusiasts so I am sure there will be a Kawasaki dealer in their town
Old 2nd November 2017, 14:26   #33
BHPian

I had a Kawasaki until yesterday :-p. Z900 RS, someone says, has a low seat option. And that's a better machine than any Triumph, no doubt, but am not sure I will be able to love a Kawa like I know I will love a Triumph. In my three years with the ER6n, I've ridden it hard and taken it everywhere, but I wasn't in love with the bike. I didn't feel like going down to the basement just to switch it on and take it to the grocery shop even. So, I will always be skeptical to make a practical choice. I will follow my heart and go for a T120, I think. Come December and it will be raining offers (free accessories, cheaper apparel, lower interest rate), so that's when I want to go for my Triumph.
Oreen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:37   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont leave the dark side oreen... Dont leave the dark side and go to the shiny side.

Lol!

I did mention on the other thread... That inline 4 engine will absolutely make you forget the shenanigans of the er6n. The parallel twin has no character, dont compare that with anything.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 17:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
I had a Kawasaki until yesterday :-p. Z900 RS, someone says, has a low seat option. And that's a better machine than any Triumph, no doubt, but am not sure I will be able to love a Kawa like I know I will love a Triumph. In my three years with the ER6n, I've ridden it hard and taken it everywhere, but I wasn't in love with the bike. I didn't feel like going down to the basement just to switch it on and take it to the grocery shop even. So, I will always be skeptical to make a practical choice. I will follow my heart and go for a T120, I think. Come December and it will be raining offers (free accessories, cheaper apparel, lower interest rate), so that's when I want to go for my Triumph.
Oh, I replied in the other thread, go with your heart Oreen. Just to make matters complicated, I do go now and then, sometimes in the middle of the night to switch on my Z900 and listen to the inline four hum
Surajit333 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 17:23   #36
BHPian

Horrible fellow... And it is an inline four after all.
Argggh
Old 2nd November 2017, 17:31   #37
BHPian

Great write-up and a lovely bike. Slightly OT, but I had recently visited the Triumph dealership for a close look at the T120. Took one out a long test ride (Triumph guys are very liberal with how far one can go on a TD.) Rode the bike in empty Sunday morning roads as well as terrible traffic. Loved the torque and sound of the bike. And boy is she a looker. the perfect blend of beauty and humility. Didnt really feel any difference while using the riding modes. However, i did notice that the bike is a little less willing to lean (bit more effort needed to get her to lean.) and the brakes didnt have that instant bite.

I was mighty impressed with the T120 and was making my mind up to go for one in future. However the sales person there asked me to try the Tiger out too. So took one out again but a shorter ride. That bike being more 'modernly' positioned just took my heart in a minute. Found her spectacular for any sort of ride. Hence my target has been marked. Will go for one when i can. Cheers.

Great buy and have fun.
naturaldisaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 17:31   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The parallel twin has no character, dont compare that with anything.
Agreed. That engine by itself lacks a soul and goes about it's business like a no-sense Japanese counterpart who will get the work done perfectly but without even having a smile at you.

The inline4 engines are a totally different story. The Triumph triples are probably even better, but I am sure I'll have second thoughts later about the Triumph twins if I were to purchase them.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 20:36   #39
BHPian

T120 over Z900 RS, for me. A T120 has about 150 mm ground clearance as opposed to Z900 RS's 130 mm. The seat height is 790 mm, as opposed to Z900 RS's 835 mm. Only good thing is the 17-liter tank, which will give it a better range.

Yes, inline four, amazing engine, way more powerful, all agreed. But, for my needs, touring with pillion and luggage, a little more ground clearance and a lower seat seal the deal for me. Am the MOST confused and undecided person when it comes to choices like these, so please don't confuse me any further. :-P
Oreen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 12:05   #40
BHPian

So what will it be?

Wait and see the new tigers to be launched on nov 7. But that will be a few months wait to get it here.

I’m living my street twin - I had a question - has anyone installed the adjustable fox dampers on their street twin? Expensive - so I wanted a real Indian review!
Old 16th November 2017, 14:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, November already. I have managed to sell the ER6n. Now where are your updates, Hari? I need to decide between four bikes (ST, Scrambler, T100, T120) soon. And if ST makes practical sense, will buy that because that seems to do the job just fine.

My questions about the ST are:

1) Have you ridden with a pillion? Does it scrape the speedbreakers too often?[indent][i]My brother has ridden with a pillion. The Triumph Sump Guard/Bash Plate subtracts about 10mm from the GC so it does scrape those HUGE speed bumps. But we always go slow over the really big ones and never scraped it till now. On the T120 - I have never kissed any speed bump.... Yet (touch wood)
> The street twin is extremely nimble and is simply too much fun on the twisties. The only department where it outshines the T120!
> I wouldn't recommend changing the handle or the suspension - why fix something that's not broken? That's my humble opinion though.
> The Paioli may not fit on the street twin (I haven't seen this on any ST yet). The thing with shocks are - they may need to be broken in. Again, why spend so much money when you can ride the bike
> If a pillion is there then the top box def will serve as a backrest, if you're travelling solo you can look at a dry bag from Rynox and some bungee cords

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th November 2017 at 11:05. Reason: Reduced length of quote
HariRE350 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 14:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Dont leave the dark side oreen... Dont leave the dark side and go to the shiny side.

Lol!

I did mention on the other thread... That inline 4 engine will absolutely make you forget the shenanigans of the er6n. The parallel twin has no character, dont compare that with anything.
Hi Redliner!
Its very unfair to say that the parallel twins do not have character! What may be character to one may not be for another. After having ridden my T120 for about 7000kms in the last 5 months I can say that it has a lot of "character". According to me, character would comprise of the following
> Being able to have a pillion sit comfortably without having to assume a new yogasana
> Getting about 330kms to a tank full under sane speeds and about 250+ at insane speeds
> ZERO vibrations from any part of the bike
> Easy to clean, inspect and maintain
> Simple readouts and HUD
> Heated grips for those cold mornings and night rides
> The electronics are not intrusive in any way - I hardly even notice the TC is there and use the rain mode in heavy traffic or during the rains.. DUH!
> The engine doesn't want to burn your shin and knees every time you come to a stop

So there! after much ado about nothing I have successfully proved that each bike has its own + and - . It is entirely up to the rider to decide how much of it is he/she willing to live with. There is no "perfect" bike in this world but if you have a T120 that is pretty much close to it (my opinion entirely )

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
Great write-up and a lovely bike. Slightly OT, but I had recently visited the Triumph dealership for a close look at the T120. Took one out a long test ride (Triumph guys are very liberal with how far one can go on a TD.) Rode the bike in empty Sunday morning roads as well as terrible traffic. Loved the torque and sound of the bike. And boy is she a looker. the perfect blend of beauty and humility. Didnt really feel any difference while using the riding modes. However, i did notice that the bike is a little less willing to lean (bit more effort needed to get her to lean.) and the brakes didnt have that instant bite.

I was mighty impressed with the T120 and was making my mind up to go for one in future. However the sales person there asked me to try the Tiger out too. So took one out again but a shorter ride. That bike being more 'modernly' positioned just took my heart in a minute. Found her spectacular for any sort of ride. Hence my target has been marked. Will go for one when i can. Cheers.

Great buy and have fun.
The tiger is an extremely capable bike and sadly the burden of deciding between the two will lie with you. Wrt the willingness to lean - I can confirm that it is not as nimble as the Street Twin. But if you spend time with the bike you can overcome this by downshifting and using your body weight (esp in the southern region that makes contact with the seat) to change direction. It is a thrill that is beyond words. The Rain mode only dulls the throttle response and you may not have been able to tell the difference. Even I couldn't
Always listen to your heart Mr Master of disaster

Quote:
T120 over Z900 RS, for me. A T120 has about 150 mm ground clearance as opposed to Z900 RS's 130 mm. The seat height is 790 mm, as opposed to Z900 RS's 835 mm. Only good thing is the 17-liter tank, which will give it a better range.

Yes, inline four, amazing engine, way more powerful, all agreed. But, for my needs, touring with pillion and luggage, a little more ground clearance and a lower seat seal the deal for me. Am the MOST confused and undecided person when it comes to choices like these, so please don't confuse me any further. :-P
Hey Oreen!
There was a lot discussed when the Z900RS pictures were released and then a lot lot lot more when RE released the 650. There will always be a "newer", "better", "less shinier" or "more equipped" bike. But it looks like you are going to be moving to the gravy side. I am telling you, the triumph twins are pure magic! I will officially welcome you and hope to see your prized possession soon.
Remember whatever choice you make - it is for YOU and not to make someone else happy
HariRE350 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 15:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HariRE350 View Post
Hey Oreen!
There was a lot discussed when the Z900RS pictures were released and then a lot lot lot more when RE released the 650. There will always be a "newer", "better", "less shinier" or "more equipped" bike. But it looks like you are going to be moving to the gravy side. I am telling you, the triumph twins are pure magic! I will officially welcome you and hope to see your prized possession soon.
Remember whatever choice you make - it is for YOU and not to make someone else happy
Hey,

I just went ahead and booked myself a Street Twin jet black. I pondered over everything for a long time and spent a lot of sleepless nights coming to this decision. I am 5'7" and probably an inch taller in my boots. I was sure I want the T120 Cinder Red, and went to book it last week, but that color is not available anymore. Paying 11.6 lakhs for a black and chrome T120, and realizing that the all-black edition is launched a few months later would have killed me. Then I was looking at the used bike market. Looked at an old A3, loved it, but it had already clocked a lot of miles. Then checked out a Street Twin, but realized if am paying so much, might as well go for a new one.

Street Twin over T120. Why?

1. No Cinder Red available
2. 2.5 lakhs cheaper
3. No need for Outex tubeless conversion
4. Lighter and shorter, much easier to ride for a person of my height
5. Highly customizable. You can put a T120 comfort seat on a Street Twin and make it a plusher ride.
6. Spend the money saved accessorizing the little bike

So I went for a top box, a sump guard, dresser bar, knee pads. I listened to the exhaust note of the Vance and Hines slip-ons for quite some time, compared with the stock (which is very mild), and realized I can't shell out 62 K right now for slightly better sound and street presence.

Now I have to look for a leather seat person, to make the stock seat plusher, or buy a T120 Comfort Seat in brown. Our friend from the bullet club already has some saddle-bag stays made for the Bonnie and the Street Twin, and he's charging a pretty nominal amount, so that's the next thing.

So there, am all set. Just impatiently waiting for the bike to arrive. It should be here in a week or so.
Oreen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 21:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

I just went ahead and booked myself a Street Twin jet black. I pondered over everything for a long time and spent a lot of sleepless nights coming to this decision. I am 5'7" and probably an inch taller in my boots. I was sure I want the T120 Cinder Red, and went to book it last week, but that color is not available anymore. Paying 11.6 lakhs for a black and chrome T120, and realizing that the all-black edition is launched a few months later would have killed me. Then I was looking at the used bike market. Looked at an old A3, loved it, but it had already clocked a lot of miles. Then checked out a Street Twin, but realized if am paying so much, might as well go for a new one.

Street Twin over T120. Why?
Good on you bro! Wishing you many many miles of pure fun!
Kindly put me in touch with the person making the saddle bag stays. I'd love to have them. Although I haven't used my saddle bags and do not know if they will touch the tyre etc

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th November 2017 at 11:04. Reason: Reduced the length of quote
Old 6th December 2017, 01:09   #45
BHPian

Hi Hari,
Droolworthy bike. I too am a sucker for the classics and nostalgia. I started out with a rx100 in the late 90's, I presently have a r15, a Harley superlow and a classic yezdi plonked with a roadking engine.
I use my bikes daily for office commute.
I would like to tour but don't find time coz of my work and a young family.
My regular highway days are numbered since I am planning to move back to mysore. I am thinking of trading my Harley for a t120.
My superlow is super comfy on highways, it's well moded, both comfort and performance-wise. Has the thump and midrange overtaking capabilities which is thrilling. Higher speeds always needs a smooth build up and I have gone north of 105mph, and I feel it can haul another 15 while at it. The large windscreen is a boon no less. I am only 5.6 and it handles superbly. It's a adrenaline rush to experience it's low and mid range torque. And I have the option to upgrade to 1200 or even 1800cc!
But but but the gear spacing is too narrow and hence not really comfy when I have to handle slow traffic and to tackle multiple residential area roads with infinite humps and irregularities. Imagine mysore suburbs and me dropping my daughter to school and then I go to office! Before every ride I have to run it in neutral for a minute for it to sync in rhythm!
Hence I am thinking of the t120 after reading your thread.
Yezdi is close to my heart but there is too much smoke in slow traffic.
I wil buy a Norton scrambler once it stays footed in our market.

Please advise me brother.

Will I miss Harley on the highways?
Will t120 suite my city need?
Do you suggest any other combination of bikes for me??
I am thinking triumph will come up with a showroom in mysore in near future.
Should I buy t100 and save money? Will the torque on t100 satisfy?
How about used triumph bikes?

Last edited by FasterSon : 6th December 2017 at 01:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks