Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2017, 23:25   #16
BHPian

re: The Brothers' Triumph Bonneville T120

Congratulations on your sweet sweet ride, I have been lusting after a Bonnie for a very long time now and will probably buy a second hand one in the years to come.

For me the Bonnie is the perfect all rounder, simple no frills motorcycle, manageable power and weight and comfort.
motorpsycho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 08:21   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
For me the Bonnie is the perfect all rounder, simple no frills motorcycle, manageable power and weight and comfort.
Weight on the T100/T120 would be quite evident in many instances like parking speeds, when you push the bike etc

Heck, Bonnie SE was lighter than T100 and it showed it's weight during such situations but, when it rides it was poetry in motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The 800-16000 kms service gap is really surprising; awesome if so.
Service interval increased from 10,000kms to 16000kms? That's nice!

But, ask yourself a question. Will you wait until 16,000kms in India for an oil change?

Versys has a 12000kms oil change interval but, I change it every 6000kms and when I see the condition of oil that comes out at 6000kms, I pat myself on back for taking the decision to change it at that juncture

Imagine the oil condition at 16,000kms in Indian/Dusty conditions?
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 10:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey there, hope the Bonnie is riding well! Have you got the optional Cruise Control and TPMS? And any idea for the compatibility of the same with Street Twin?
Old 31st May 2017, 19:02   #19
BHPian

Great review and experience sharing ! The new taxes also prompted me to get my ST in march, and I'm learning to ride on it ... yes, my first bike and it's really comfortable to learn on.
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey there, hope the Bonnie is riding well! Have you got the optional Cruise Control and TPMS? And any idea for the compatibility of the same with Street Twin?
Hey Adi! The Cruise Control is priced at 20K INR or thereabouts. I am currently looking at converting my tubed tyres to tubeless. From user experiences it looks like the cruise control unit may be problematic as of now. Some users experienced the ECU error lights and the bike not starting etc.. My advice would be - don't fix anything that's not broken The throttle is so light and cruise speeds are easy so I wont be looking at that option. The same goes for the TPMS modules. I would suggest you simply fill up air at regular intervals (invest on a good inflator). IMHO, the more tech there is on a bike, the more the headaches. Lastly, wishing you many many miles of getting bonnified

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Great review and experience sharing ! The new taxes also prompted me to get my ST in march, and I'm learning to ride on it ... yes, my first bike and it's really comfortable to learn on.
Hey Gautam! So glad to hear you are in love with the ST. This bike can do everything and I hope we can ride together sometime soon.
HariRE350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 22:31   #21
BHPian

Am finding it hard to sell my Kawasaki ER6n, and was thinking if the value has fallen to the price of a new KTM 390, I might as well keep it and buy another cruiser. So was about to settle in my mind for a Harley Street 750, and then I came across this beautiful ownership review. Gosh, even my dream has become more expensive now. I am in love with the Cinder Red T120 (sadly the Black version isn't available here), and am trying to convince myself about the expense and practicality of it. Of two big bikes. Arrrghh, I need a drink to make myself more impulsive.
Old 9th July 2017, 10:24   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Am finding it hard to sell my Kawasaki ER6n, and was thinking if the value has fallen to the price of a new KTM 390, I might as well keep it and buy another cruiser. So was about to settle in my mind for a Harley Street 750, and then I came across this beautiful ownership review. Gosh, even my dream has become more expensive now. I am in love with the Cinder Red T120 (sadly the Black version isn't available here), and am trying to convince myself about the expense and practicality of it. Of two big bikes. Arrrghh, I need a drink to make myself more impulsive.
Oreen, hold up. Have heard that kawasaki is launching the vulcan soonish, and might offer buy back schemes for kawasaki customers so they can upgrade within the family.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 21:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Oreen, hold up. Have heard that kawasaki is launching the vulcan soonish, and might offer buy back schemes for kawasaki customers so they can upgrade within the family.
Has Kawasaki ever offered an upgrade? (not a rhetorical question, would love to know)
Old 9th July 2017, 21:28   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Has Kawasaki ever offered an upgrade? (not a rhetorical question, would love to know)
Apparently a kawasaki organized meetup is due to happen on the 28th of this month in bangalore, where they will apparently be addressing a few of these things.

You never know man, they might still have a few tricks up their sleeves. Just hope it's not at our expense as usual.

Btw, i know you from the mma classes we did together in kalyan nagar. Good to see you here!

Last edited by Red Liner : 9th July 2017 at 21:30.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 22:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently a kawasaki organized meetup is due to happen on the 28th of this month in bangalore, where they will apparently be addressing a few of these things.
Good to know this! If they offer some loyalty / exchange bonus, that would be well served to the existing owners. Resale value of most of these bikes are in the dumps.

Quote:
Btw, i know you from the mma classes we did together in kalyan nagar. Good to see you here!
Super

Nice to get in touch again (without bloody noses and aching joints)
Old 9th July 2017, 23:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Won't be happy with a Vulcan. Heart wants a T120. Settling for anything else will not make me happy. Maybe a W800 would have been a nicer choice than a Vulcan, retro with an old-world charm.
Oreen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 14:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Wazzaa Oreen! The Kawasakii is a beautiful machine. My suggestion would be that you keep the ER6n and test ride all the bikes you have shortlisted, like a man possessed. Make up your mind and then go with your heart
The Bonnie is a machine for all occasions. I use it to commute to office twice a week and I am telling you its so easy to live with. And besides, what's the point of buying a big bike and riding only weekends? The Cinder Red is a perfect choice and do watch out for the new colors that have been launched (may take a while to get here - Steel Grey, Green & White etc) so all in all - you have plenty of time to mull over the decision and nurse your drink

Quote:
Won't be happy with a Vulcan. Heart wants a T120. Settling for anything else will not make me happy. Maybe a W800 would have been a nicer choice than a Vulcan, retro with an old-world charm.
The W800 is beautiful too! Are they offering it here? I don't think it has any so called "modern" features yet right - rear disc, TCS etc?
Follow your heart brother and do keep me posted
HariRE350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 22:06   #28
BHPian

Hey, November already. I have managed to sell the ER6n. Now where are your updates, Hari? I need to decide between four bikes (ST, Scrambler, T100, T120) soon. And if ST makes practical sense, will buy that because that seems to do the job just fine.

My questions about the ST are:

1) Have you ridden with a pillion? Does it scrape the speedbreakers too often?
2) How do you manage the 300-km chain lubing mandate? Like in the middle of a ride you excuse yourself from the others and start lubing? Isn't that a bother? Is there a workaround?

Am thinking the ST makes sense for me in many ways:

1) The seat height is 760 mm, so riding should be super easy for me.
2) The handle can be changed to a Street Scrambler handle.
3) With Paioli shocks from the Continental GT, the ground clearance should improve (this is still unclear to me, but some people have done it to their bonneville A3s, and apparently their bikes don't touch speedbreakers that easily.
4) JC Moto sump guard isn't too expensive
5) A top box can serve as a pillion backrest

Updates, updates ...waiting
Oreen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 13:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey Oreen

I am using the ST since about 6 months. I haven't ridden a lot though, barely 3000 kms.

In that period I have had the chain service twice in regular use, and once after driving in rains. I did not take out the bike at all during monsoons.

After that, I think the chain service depends on your use. 300 km is a very unrealistic interval. If you're driving in good weather and there isn't much water contact (i don't even wash the bike, just use a good multipurpose cleaner and a microfibre cloth. Since its matte paint, bike hardly gathers any dust at all, one short ride and the dust goes away on its own) you don't need to do it for less than 2 months or 500 kms.

The bike is niggle free as of now, only a small irritant is that the rear left indicator connection or bulb is somehow loose. So it stops working intermittently. That makes the front left indicator hyper-flash due to excess current that isn't being used by the rear indicator. A small dab on the rear indicator fixes it temporarily.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 14:36   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello oreen, you might do well to wait and consider the z900 RS, which will launch shortly in india.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed