Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2017, 23:44   #61
BHPian

Re: My new ride - Kawasaki Versys 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishJ View Post
Congrats on completing the 1.6k mark sir. Unleash the V to its fullest potential and munch a lot of miles ahead. Can you please share the location's name you have said above?
Name of the place is Siddhagardh - its about 30 kms from Murbad with 13 to 14 kms of complete off road track. Though i have been there once, I can't find my way back there as we had one of the locals who was guiding us there.
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:57   #62
BHPian

update - Tyre hugger added.

With my last ride in the rain I realised that I desperately needed a tyre hugger on my bike. The muck that the bike throws on the rear monoshock and on the pillion is unbearable. Hence when Sri created the Tyre Hugger, I needed it.

Got the Tyre hugger on 18th July delivered along with few more for the fellow Versys owners in Mumbai.

First washed the bike thoroughly so ensure all the dirt is removed before installing the hugger. .
My new ride - Kawasaki Versys 650-20170719_101358.jpg

My new ride - Kawasaki Versys 650-20170719_101349.jpg

Post cleaning the bike, rains started but even that could not dampen my spirits and I continued installing the hugger as DIY.
My new ride - Kawasaki Versys 650-20170719_121110.jpg

My new ride - Kawasaki Versys 650-20170719_121120.jpg

My new ride - Kawasaki Versys 650-20170719_121123.jpg

Final outcome was really good. Thanks SRI
My new ride - Kawasaki Versys 650-20170719_121128.jpg

Though this tyre hugger will not stop the pillion from getting dirty, it will surely save my bike's rear suspension and that area from getting dirty. Now to go for a long ride tomorrow.

Last edited by kailashnj : 22nd July 2017 at 18:58.
kailashnj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:06   #63
Team-BHP Support

Looks good from the closeup shots. Both functional as well as aesthetically good up close.

Please take a full picture of the bike when you take it out for the ride tomorrow, if possible.
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:41   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks beautiful Kailash

Sri is our savior by making such amazing and value for money products for Versys. We are all blessed to have a fellow V owner like him amongst us

I had bought a rear tyre hugger from an online store during the initial days for INR 2K and that was the fastest 2K that I spent on the bike..LOL!

I had stuck it on to the rear tyre and did not drill hole (my mistake) and stuck using the glue it came with. Went for a spin immediately afterwards and about 10kms from home, it fell and came under my own tyre and a vehicle behind me also went over it. It was smashed beyond recognition

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd July 2017 at 19:55. Reason: Spell check
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 21:30   #65
BHPian

The hugger looks perfect. V owners are really lucky to have Sri. Will get one for mine soon
atul.ktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hey Kailash,

Late reply, but congratulations. You seem to be using the bike for the reasons you bought it. That is great to see. Nice mods too on your bike.

I had taken a TD of the earlier version of the Versys, but ended up buying the Bonnie. I took my Bonnie to Rajasthan for 15 days, and realized that the Versys would have made that journey even more fun (there were stretches of bad roads).

I am still on the look out for an adventure bike.

One of the reasons of choosing the Bonnie over the Versys was the seat height. I stand 5.7 tall and my feel just about touched the ground on the Versys. If you don't mind can you tell me how tall you are and how are you managing the with the height of the Versys.

Happy riding.
cheers,
ac
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:44   #67
OmV
BHPian

Hi AC
I had met Kailash back in May/June at Anzen when I had gone for a TD of the Versys and the Ninja. I found the Versys to be intimidating for me at 5.8 tall but then I am a new rider and don't have the skill level to make up for the lack of height. I believe Kailash is almost the same height as me but with a much greater skill level. (I remember he wheelied the Versys test bike in the Anzen parking lot!)
So if you are an experienced rider you would be ok. Kailash and other Versys champs here can testify.
Kailash - you may not remember me and we weren't introduced but I recognised you later from your pics in your ownership post. Nice going with your Versys. I ended up going ahead with a Ninja 650.
Old 1st November 2022, 15:37   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
update - Tyre hugger added.

Final outcome was really good. Thanks SRI
Hello Kailashnj, congratulations on getting the Versys and tasteful addition of accessories.

I have recently ADV'd myself with Versys 650 and enjoying it fully. My first step towards big bike (had Dominar 400 prior to this). I am new to the forum and to owning big bikes. Can you please help me with contact details of Sri, to get my bike Srified!
Old 2nd November 2022, 17:16   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahen_8060 View Post
Hello Kailashnj, congratulations on getting the Versys and tasteful addition of accessories.

I have recently ADV'd myself with Versys 650 and enjoying it fully. My first step towards big bike (had Dominar 400 prior to this). I am new to the forum and to owning big bikes. Can you please help me with contact details of Sri, to get my bike Srified!
Thanks for reminding me of this thread. I have already sold of my Versys 650 long back and have upgraded to the Big Daddy - VERSYS 1000 2022 model.

Sri has stopped all his work for the accessories so he is no longer a good source. But if you are in Versys India Group, the Admin of the group has created lot of accessories to be sold. That will surely hlep you. If you are not in the VIR group, send me a DM of you phone number and I will get you added to the group.
kailashnj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 12:07   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
If you are not in the VIR group, send me a DM of you phone number and I will get you added to the group.
Thanks a lot for your response. Being a newbie, I am learning the forum and yet to learn / not sure how do I send a PM, is it possible for you to send a PM to me? (sorry for asking this.) I would respond.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks