Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2017, 06:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Experience of renting a Harley-Davidson in Mumbai (Rebel Rides)

For all the people who think 5k per day for a Harley is steep. Please bear in mind that it is an unlimited km service and in hands of above novice rider 600 kms per day is not a hard thing. The maintenance cost of a bike only for consumables with tyres, brake pads, rotors, service if maintained at a.s.s is around 4 to 5 rupees a km apart from the fuel. (agree this is lower for the street 750). So if they need to spend 3k per day on maintenance I don't see how they can price the rentals lower. I say it's a great concept. And I'm trying all the bikes

Last edited by mh09ad5578 : 30th May 2017 at 06:59. Reason: Typos
mh09ad5578 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 14:11   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
For all the people who think 5k per day for a Harley is steep. Please bear in mind that it is an unlimited km service and in hands of above novice rider 600 kms per day is not a hard thing. The maintenance cost of a bike only for consumables with tyres, brake pads, rotors, service if maintained at a.s.s is around 4 to 5 rupees a km apart from the fuel. (agree this is lower for the street 750). So if they need to spend 3k per day on maintenance I don't see how they can price the rentals lower. I say it's a great concept. And I'm trying all the bikes
I have personally talked to a few rental owners and everyone has a slightly different take on their business model and pricing. The general idea seems to run the bikes for 30K - 50K kms and sell it off. This ensures the bikes are fresh and they don't run into heavy expenses later on (Keep in mind that rental bikes get abused very badly). The math works out to be slightly positive on the bottom line for the company at the end of the lifecycle after the service and maintenance.

It is a win-win for the guy who rents and the rental company, but I can only feel for the chaps who end up buying these bikes on the seconds market. There are many such bikes which used to be rentals available for sale in Bangalore now. I am talking about Iron 883's etc. for 6,00,000 having run 25K-30K. I heard some guys switch the registration back to white plates and sell outside of the state so that the buyer doesn't know about the history of the bike.
abijithmenon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 15:12   #18
BHPian

How come they are operating with White number plate?
Old 13th September 2017, 02:43   #19
BHPian

Renting a bike in India

(Moderators - Since the amount of people in the travelogue section is minimal and there is a huge amount of local and international people interacting in the motorcycle sub-forum, I chose to put this post here in relevance to Motorbikes.)

With the preface aside, I am planning to travel in India at the end of this year(December) within the southern/mid part of the sub-continent. Bengaluru would be my port of call as I have family there. I am interested in renting a motorcycle for a few weeks to travel upon and wanted to see some of the options. I initially Googled a few locations,with no real response wanted to see the feedback of the forums.

(Riding background; been riding for now three years. Currently ride a SV650, close to a Ninja 650/ER6n. Have ridden in Vietnam, Commute regularly and am open to different options.)
Old 13th September 2017, 09:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renting a bike in India

Threads on similar topic that can give you pointers

sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 09:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore? So my suggestion would be Wickedride!
They have a huge fleet of usually well maintained bikes, and they are very professional and customer friendly too. They used to have a boring 100 kmph speed limit and were quite strict about it too, which is quite irritating considering the range of powerful bikes they offer.

https://www.wickedride.com/
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 12:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Bangalore? So my suggestion would be Wickedride!
They have a huge fleet of usually well maintained bikes, and they are very professional and customer friendly too. They used to have a boring 100 kmph speed limit and were quite strict about it too, which is quite irritating considering the range of powerful bikes they offer.

https://www.wickedride.com/

Thanks again for the feed back and yes oops on the post...(Mods )

I tried wickedride but with no email response, maybe ill try again..
Old 28th March 2018, 16:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Rebel Rides Mumbai has updated their website with the additional motorcycles:

http://rebelrides.in

Ninja 650 (old model)
Benelli 600i
Kawasaki Z800
Harley Davidson Fat Bob
Triumph Street Twin

This is for information to our enthusiasts, I have no affiliation with Rebel Rides.

In case anybody does hire from them, please post your experience here.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 28th March 2018 at 16:14. Reason: Adding website.

Most Viewed