Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:17   #1
BHPian

Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India

Quote:
The five new models are the Multistrada 950, the Monster 797, the Scrambler Desert Sled, Scrambler Café Racer and the SuperSport.

As before, these new models will be brought to India via the CBU route, imported from Ducati’s manufacturing plant in Thailand.

Prices Revealed:
  • Monster 797 – INR 7.82 lakh
  • Scrambler Desert Sled – INR 9.03 lakh
  • Scrambler Cafe Racer – INR 9.03 lakh
  • Multistrada 950 – INR 11.53 lakh
  • SuperSport – INR 11.72 lakh
  • SuperSport S – INR 13.00 lakh
Source + Full Article

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2017 at 11:24. Reason: Keeping the fair usage policy in mind, it's best to share an excerpt + link to full article. Thanks
Nicky is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati to launch 5 new bikes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I don't see any prices there? Where did you get those from?
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

The Multistrada 950 seems to be a very significant launch IMO. A 937cc, 113hp Ducati at prices cheaper than the 800cc, 93hp Triumph Tiger XRx leaving only the basic XR below it. Not to mention the looks department and Ducati brand appeal!

For those looking at touring with a bit off roadability, the upgrade path looks rather well defined now with the Multi 950 and the GS range above.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 13:00   #4
BHPian

It's a good move by Ducati. Some of the other manufacturers seem hesitant to launch their entire portfolio in India despite the demand.

Only issue I can see cropping up with such a large portfolio of bikes is the availability of spares. As long as Ducati keeps that aspect in check, they should keep growing well in the Indian market.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 14:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I don't see any prices there? Where did you get those from?
Here is the price link: Motoroids
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 17:32   #6
BHPian

Much as I love the Ducatis for their gorgeous looks & styling, I am wary of buying these. A good friend had picked up a brand new Multi 1200S a year ago. The bike was in the SC for prolonged periods thrice for some or the other reasons. Fed up, he just rode down from the SC to an agent & exchanged it for a ZX14R. This may be a one-off case but Ducatis are not known to be niggle -free.
coolrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 12:21   #7
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
Much as I love the Ducatis for their gorgeous looks & styling, I am wary of buying these. A good friend had picked up a brand new Multi 1200S a year ago. The bike was in the SC for prolonged periods thrice for some or the other reasons. Fed up, he just rode down from the SC to an agent & exchanged it for a ZX14R. This may be a one-off case but Ducatis are not known to be niggle -free.
I spoke to your friend during the Motorrad launch event, he mentioned that the Multistrada gave hell lot of quality issues so he sold it off for the ZX14R. He didn't discuss the issues in length, but bhpian HappySmiles also mentioned that some of his rider buddies are facing similar issues with the made-in-Thailand Multi and Diavel.

So it doesn't looks like a one-off case. Maybe one/two batches of motorcycles were affected by some supplier cycle parts.

It would be great if Ducati owners in the forum (Shubz, sen2009) could highlight the niggling issues (if any) that the fellow Ducatista/Ducatisti are facing.
//M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 12:45   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The Multistrada 950 seems to be a very significant launch IMO. A 937cc, 113hp Ducati at prices cheaper than the 800cc, 93hp Triumph Tiger XRx leaving only the basic XR below it. Not to mention the looks department and Ducati brand appeal!

For those looking at touring with a bit off roadability, the upgrade path looks rather well defined now with the Multi 950 and the GS range above.
+1. Tiger 800 needs to see a price cut or deep discounts. Either ways the new option or a deep discount on the 800 would have the buyer winning. If BMW gets the GS800, it will be even better.
Old 3rd May 2017, 18:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
It would be great if Ducati owners in the forum (Shubz, sen2009) could highlight the niggling issues (if any) that the fellow Ducatista/Ducatisti are facing.
I have run about 16000 kms on my MTS in just over 1 year. The only issues I have faced so far is
1) Fuel sensor recall
2) Clutch slave cylinder replacement
3) TPS change

And both these issues hadn't stalled my bike for more time than it's required to fix/replace them.

I did get an ECL on one of the rides but that was taken care of by item #3 above.

I have some good buddies riding the Monster/Diavel/Scramblers -- Haven't heard of any major issues that is worth mentioning or worth being afraid of before getting on to the Ducati bandwagon. One off issues - I'd not bracket them under "Ducati Quality Issues"
Shubz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 09:18   #10
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I have some good buddies riding the Monster/Diavel/Scramblers -- Haven't heard of any major issues that is worth mentioning or worth being afraid of before getting on to the Ducati bandwagon. One off issues - I'd not bracket them under "Ducati Quality Issues"
Thanks for clearing the air, sir.

I believe the issues that some of the riders from Pune are facing could be limited to a particular batch of motorcycles or maybe couple of one-off cases.

Meanwhile, we are still awaiting a dedicated ownership thread of Leo.
//M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 10:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Thanks for clearing the air, sir.

I believe the issues that some of the riders from Pune are facing could be limited to a particular batch of motorcycles or maybe couple of one-off cases.

Meanwhile, we are still awaiting a dedicated ownership thread of Leo.
That way any brand for that matter, will have certain units that have some niggling issues. Doesn't mean the whole brand/model line is faulty. :-)

Classic example being Reviews by employees/ex-employees on websites like Glassdoor. 1 or two or a few disgruntled employees from among 1000's would post negative review about a company, the whole company is tagged as bad!

If at you can, can you try getting the list of issues reported along with the models in question?

I know few Scramblers had some "Fried Clutch" issues. Which Ducati replaced under warranty

Few VIN's of MTS had Fuel sensor issues, again replaced by Ducati under warranty.

Few earlier 2016 model MTS came up with ECL. TPS replacement fixed that issue.

A couple of MTS had the mufflers crack, Replaced under warranty.

Diavels - chronic chain slapping. its a design issue, nothing can be done about it except stick up a rubber flap on the chain guide.

1 or 2 Monsters came up with ECL - no action required, cooled the bike, restarted, worked fine after that.

Nothing heard from HyperStrada/motards
Nothing heard about Enduro's
Nothing about Panigale's 899 or 959's either. So there you go!
Shubz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 02:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

A short demo and personal opinion on the Ducati Super Sport S model. Overall good, although I am not a fan of the twin engine. Good for intown rides. Also vibrated badly rendering the mirrors useless. QS didnt work well, maybe I don't know how it works. Possibly a longer break-in period required. No much exp with Ducatis.

Old 11th May 2017, 04:10   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
A short demo and personal opinion on the Ducati Super Sport S model. Overall good, although I am not a fan of the twin engine. Good for intown rides. Also vibrated badly rendering the mirrors useless. QS didnt work well, maybe I don't know how it works. Possibly a longer break-in period required. No much exp with Ducatis.
Yeah the Mirrors sucked, but marked improvement in gearbox and Quickshifter, pretty smooth within 100 miles :-). Dealers should let folks test drive only after a break-in, else notchy gearshifter and slightly rough engine vibes put a lof of folks away!
sids911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 14:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

NDTV Auto reports that the Multistrada 950 and Monster 797 will be launched in India on June 14, 2017.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 20:41   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Along with these new bikes, does anyone know when 2017 manufactured Panigale 959's will be available in showrooms? Even if you place an order now, the dealerships will only get new stock of 2016 manufactured 959s. The Ducati dealership in Cochin unfortunately (for potential buyers that is) is refusing to drop prices for 2016 manufactured 959s even though we are into the second half of the calendar year .

With Kawasaki blundering it's way through its separation from Bajaj / KTM service centres and Triumph India slowly recovering from its depleted line up (still no Speed Triple or Daytona replacement), the time is ripe for Ducati to grab a big chunk of the market share. Sadly Ducati India doesnt seem to be making a reasonable attempt to sell 2016 959s to those who are willing to pick up a near year old bike and potential buyers waiting for 2017 manufactured 959s will most likely migrate to offerings from other manufacturers.

I hope someone from Ducati is reading this!

Most Viewed