Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2018, 09:00   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SWM Motorcycles planning to enter India through MotoRoyale. EDIT: Superdual launched @ Rs. 6.8 l

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
Way too high for a single that is made in China. .
What would have to say about the BMW 750/850 gs twins whose engines are actually made in china and the price they retail at?
Old 13th October 2018, 10:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What would have to say about the BMW 750/850 gs twins whose engines are actually made in china and the price they retail at?
Well BMW isn’t owned by a Chinese company , SWM is. Made in China has different implications based on who the parent company is. That’s a weird comparison you made btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not right I think.

SWM might have been revived with Chinese funding, but the bike is built in the old Husky factory in Italy. Even the engine is a modernised version of an old Husky single.
Assembled. Majority of the components are manufactured in China. I was under the same impression until a bud of mine who visited the factory in IT corrected me. It’s basically an assembly line.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th October 2018 at 12:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
howler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 10:41   #18
BHPian

Re: SWM Motorcycles planning to enter India through MotoRoyale. EDIT: Superdual launched @ Rs. 6.8 l

690mm seat height and everyone is worried about its sourced parts origin.
Can you even see them selling more than 100 of these? Not that I have very brilliant ideas, but who approves these bikes for JV production?
Some MBA?
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 12:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well BMW isn’t owned by a Chinese company , SWM is. Made in China has different implications based on who the parent company is. That’s a weird comparison you made btw.
Good you brought this angle up.

Are you aware that VOLVO cars is entirely chinese owned (geely)?

There are no weird comparisons. Turning a blind rats eye to a company that charges a premium for god knows what german heritage while getting stuff done in china whilst cribbing about chinese ownership of a company that manufactures everything in italy.

That my friend is weird with a capital W.

Btw, all the ktm 390, and the forthcoming 790 series will be made in india and assembled in europe. The price of this bike is atrocious for what it provides, not for its ownership status.

Last edited by Red Liner : 13th October 2018 at 12:20.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 12:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Good you brought this angle up.

Are you aware that VOLVO cars is entirely chinese owned (geely)?

There are no weird comparisons. Turning a blind rats eye to a company that charges a premium for god knows what german heritage while getting stuff done in china whilst cribbing about chinese ownership of a company that manufactures everything in italy.

That my friend is weird with a capital W.

Btw, all the ktm 390, and the forthcoming 790 series will be made in india and assembled in europe. The price of this bike is atrocious for what it provides, not for its ownership status.
Weird is putting a company like BMW with SWM in the same bucket. Will SWM be around in the next 5 years ? Will it be easy for me to sell my SWM on as easily as I could a BMW (made in China or not)? I’m no BMW fan and I do not think the GS twins are sensibly priced. But for a relatively unknown like SWM ( technically they died in the 80s) to charge what established companies like Suzuki and kawa charge is downright daft. They don’t even sell much in Europe btw.
As for Volvo well they still manufacture in Sweden and Belgium, and they didn’t die out like SWM. I’m really not sure what the point is you’re trying to make.
To each his own , maybe SWM cuts it for you with their pricing.
Oh and SWM doesn’t manufacture anything at their plant in Varese, they only assemble. It’s all made in chime and exported to the plant. It’s and old husky plant that BMW sold.

Last edited by howler : 13th October 2018 at 12:52.
howler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 12:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To each his own , maybe SWM cuts it for you with their pricing.
Oh and SWM doesn’t manufacture anything at their plant in Varese, they only assemble. It’s all made in chime and exported to the plant. It’s and old husky plant that BMW sold.
Why do you read selectively mate? All i said is chinese ownership does not mean a product is bad.

And read and read again the last sentence on my post. The price is atrocious for the kit the bike comes with, period. 4.5 on road might see volumes.
Old 13th October 2018, 14:03   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
4.5 on road might see volumes.
Right against the 310GS?

Versys X300 is 4.69 ex showroom.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 14:18   #23
BHPian

Moderator Warning : Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support. Please do NOT personally attack any BHPian. Keep it civil, polite & respectful, even in debate.

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2018 at 08:50.
howler is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th October 2018, 00:21   #24
Team-BHP Support

Shumi's review -

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2018-swm...d-test-review/

Quote:
I am convinced by the SWM Superdual that if any manufacturer makes a reasonably priced, effective dirt-bike based middleweight in India, they'll have a hit on their hands. Because they'll go anywhere and tackle anything. Unfortunately, the SWM SuperDual isn't that motorcycle just yet. It not only needs a little bit of work, there is also the matter of pricing. Motoroyale is SKD-ing the bike in India in the interest of price, but this is still a rather expensive motorcycle. The base model is just under Rs 7 lakh and this one, the T (add engine bars, LED lights, centre stand, rear rack and bits) almost hits a shocking Rs 7.2 lakh ex-showroom. That doesn't compare favourably to the super-sweet Versys (Rs 6.69 ex-showroom) or the traction-control-equipped, gutsy V-Strom 650 (Rs 7.46 lakh ex-showroom).
SWM Motorcycles planning to enter India through MotoRoyale. EDIT: Superdual launched @ Rs. 6.8 lakhs-2018swmsuperdualt511.jpg

AutocarIndia review -

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-re...st-ride-410228

SWM Motorcycles planning to enter India through MotoRoyale. EDIT: Superdual launched @ Rs. 6.8 lakhs-autocarindia.jpg

Quote:
To blame for its Rs 7.3 lakh (ex-showroom) price tag is the fact that it’s an SKD (semi knocked-down) import from Italy – Thai imports are vastly cheaper – and I hope, with my fingers crossed, that Motoroyale finds the motivation to produce this motorcycle in India, thereby making it cheaper. Sure, you should also consider that SWM is neither as big a brand as Suzuki or Kawasaki and that it’s yet to set up a half-decent service base across the country (the latter should happen over the next few months), but as far as the motorcycle itself is concerned, you’re in for a treat. It gives me some amount of heartache to distance myself from the Superdual primarily due to its price tag, because I haven’t smiled this much within my helmet in a long, long time. Over to you, Motoroyale.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th October 2018 at 00:24.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 18:59   #25
BHPian

I am amused to no end to see people focused on the cost of a motorcycle that has a seat height of 898mm.
I sincerely wish Motoroyale 100+ sales.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 15:21   #26
Team-BHP Support

Overdrive's Shumi reviews the SWM -

Old 15th January 2019, 14:37   #27
Team-BHP Support

This message is being forwarded in biking groups. Haven't seen the official Motoroyale channels like insta mentioning these offers though -

Quote:
Motoroyale by Kinetic, is offering motorcycle enthusiasts a chance to make an SWM Superdual 650 their own at a never before price. This special offer is for the first 250 customers or until 31st March, 2019. The price of the bike has been revised to INR 6.50 lakhs Ex showroom from INR 7.30 lakhs, a whopping difference of Rs. 80,000 from the announced price, as a special gesture.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks