Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2017, 16:50   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Game on then! Waiting for Triumph's response.
I doubt Triumph will respond with a price correction. The Street Triple was priced at a premium over the Z800 also.
Now the power difference is not as stark and the Street Triple has a better technology package
Old 8th July 2017, 00:15   #62
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
I doubt Triumph will respond with a price correction. The Street Triple was priced at a premium over the Z800 also.
Now the power difference is not as stark and the Street Triple has a better technology package
This will just make Triumph think twice about increasing the price of the Street Triple as the price quoted now is just an introductory price as per their website. Maybe they'll try to make it their final price. Have to wait and see though.
Old 10th July 2017, 08:38   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Actually under gst the tax rates of bikes above 350-500 cc has increased. So ideally the prices of high end bikes have gone up by 25000-30000.

What kawasaki has done is that

1. No accessories with the bike now worth 50000-60000.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
This will just make Triumph think twice about increasing the price of the Street Triple as the price quoted now is just an introductory price as per their website. Maybe they'll try to make it their final price. Have to wait and see though.
I visited the Triumph showroom (Bangalore) to check the price correction. The Pre-GST price was INR10.90L OTR. With GST, the OTR price is INR10.95L. So there is a marginal increase of 5k. I visited the Kawasaki showroom as well, but the post GST price details were not available. Expected to get the details on pricing by mid of this week.
Old 10th July 2017, 12:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
I visited the Triumph showroom (Bangalore) to check the price correction. The Pre-GST price was INR10.90L OTR. With GST, the OTR price is INR10.95L. So there is a marginal increase of 5k. I visited the Kawasaki showroom as well, but the post GST price details were not available. Expected to get the details on pricing by mid of this week.
Great! Any idea whether there is a price difference between the metallic and non metallic paint jobs? I saw some where that the black will cost extra as it is metallic. I'm not sure how much they'll be charging extra if they do.
Old 10th July 2017, 12:59   #65
Senior - BHPian

I just checked the Triumph India site, the ex. Showroom price (Delhi) seems to be
8,71,500.00 now. Is this the GST effect? Anyone has any quotes from the showrooms to confirm this increase?
Old 10th July 2017, 13:47   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
Great! Any idea whether there is a price difference between the metallic and non metallic paint jobs? I saw some where that the black will cost extra as it is metallic. I'm not sure how much they'll be charging extra if they do.
I am not aware of metallic and non-metallic paint options being available, but as per the sales rep, the phantom black and red ones cost the same.
Old 10th July 2017, 14:32   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I just checked the Triumph India site, the ex. Showroom price (Delhi) seems to be
8,71,500.00 now. Is this the GST effect? Anyone has any quotes from the showrooms to confirm this increase?
Yup. This is the post GST price as it says Ex-showroom price pan India and not Delhi as it used to be mentioned before.
Old 10th July 2017, 14:34   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
I am not aware of metallic and non-metallic paint options being available, but as per the sales rep, the phantom black and red ones cost the same.
Good to know that. The black was actually mentioned to be metallic and I read somewhere that the price mentioned in the website was for the non metallic version.
Old 16th July 2017, 18:23   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You were right. Infact, they have gone ahead and increased the prices by 21.5k.

Makes the Z900 cheaper by 1.03L ex showroom now.

Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh-img_20170716_182000.jpg
Old 19th July 2017, 20:50   #70
Team-BHP Support

Powerdrift review is out. Rates it as a better motorcycle than the Z900, the price being the only major downer.

The other negatives mentioned are mostly relevant for the track and I guess it wouldn't be a downer for most of us who buy these bikes for weekend fun.

PS - They have even done a dyno test to set the records straight upfront.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th July 2017 at 20:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 17:28   #71
BHPian

Finally got the chance to test drive the Street Triple. I was in Hyderabad the other day and visited the Triumph showroom and saw the bike in both colours. Personally fell in love with the all black setup. Sadly it was raining that day and the sales guy was kind of afraid to give the bike for a test drive. I got a chance to start up the bike and rev it and instantly fell in love with the exhaust and intake note. When every other bike is getting sober with mild exhausts due to Euro 4 norms, this is just stands out! I had promised him that I would return the day the rain stops and that day was yesterday. Even though it was drizzling in the morning, the rain stopped in the afternoon and I visited the showroom after calling them up. But I was let down yet again when they informed me that the bike was taken out for another customer and they said they'll give me a call in 30 odd minutes once the bike reaches.

Finally I received a call after an hour saying that the bike is finally there and I can come up to the showroom for a test drive. I was too excited and signed up the formalities form where ever they asked me to without even reading it The bike in its all black avatar was waiting for me. The engine was hot after its recent test drive by another customer and the moment I put myself on the saddle, I was taken aback by how light this bike weighed. I haven't ridden the Z900 yet but the Z800 was whole another story when it comes to weight. Agreed that I hadn't got a chance to ride the old Street Triple, but this one was just so light. It felt like I was taken my old 200NS out of the garage.

The sales guy explained me about the bike, its riding modes and other small details and explained the test ride route. It was a pretty big stretch and enough to get to know about the basic mannerisms of the bike. I started up the bike and set off the moment the sales guy concluded his speech. I decided not to fiddle around with the driving modes as it was a short drive and left it in the road mode. I took the initial few minutes slow and drove the bike through its gears. The bike felt extremely sober as I kept it under 4-5k RPM and shifted till the 5th gear till I ran into a bit of traffic. The fueling as explained in the video by powerdrift is just amazing. It was silky smooth with absolutely no jerks. The traffic cleared and I opened the throttle in the second gear and the bike shot out like a bullet. It won't even give you time to change gears and in the city the second gear is the maximum you can use if you try to push it through its paces. Of course I had to drive carefully and I tried making only 2 or 3 short bursts. But the sound is so addictive that I just didn't want to shift up! (The sound is seriously gonna make the Street Triple fuel economy a joke). The turning radius of the bike is not bad at all, though the sales guy warned me about it and asked me to make a bigger U-turn. The roads were pretty bad after the rainfall and the ride was impressively damped though it didn't iron out all the imperfections, then again this isn't a Versys or a Tiger. I did another small burst and for the first second I could sense all heads turning cause of the note this bike makes while accelerating fast but you cannot notice anything but the road after that because of the speeds it attains in a few seconds. Driving the bike through a mild traffic was a breeze and believe me, it doesn't feel like a big bike at all! While stuck in traffic or waiting in the signal, iI could sense some heat let out on my foot. Though it isn't bad, one can really feel it. I was so excited that I didn't notice that the showroom had crept up to my left. Had a quick check in the rear view mirror and braked hard and the bike came to a superb, smooth and graceful stop! The feel at the levers was just amazing! Hardheartedly, I stepped out of the bike and felt a pain in my palms. I'm not sure if it is because I held the grips too hard cause of the excitement of if the general posture puts pressure on my wrists. Agreed that I wasn't wearing gloves.

Now to the pros and cons of the bike.
Pros:
  • First one that comes to my mind is the maneuverability
  • Throttle response and the fueling
  • Amazing suspension and brakes
  • The intake and exhaust notes

Cons:
  • I'm not sure if it is just my fault or the lack of gloves, but the wrists are put through a bit of pressure
  • Though the clutch and the brake levers are adjustable, the clutch was slightly on the heavier side. The lack of a slip and assist clutch was clearly visible
  • The horn is just not up to the standards. I know that the sound from the engine should make people move but the horn is just sad
  • Misses out on small things like self cancelling indicators

The last two points are small issues but just wanted to state them. The bike as such is just amazing and I left a part of me along with it when I returned. I just cannot wait to bring the bike home but again I haven't driven the Z till now and cannot make my decision yet.

Last edited by fiesta_21 : 21st July 2017 at 17:38. Reason: Bullets
fiesta_21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 23:54   #72
Team-BHP Support

The new 765 clearly takes a big step forward from the older 675. One thing I noticed on a ride was that in 6th gear at 90-100 kmph, the engine at 4000 RPM sounded like it as at peak (it's obviously not) and a bit buzzy. Has anyone else felt the same on a ride? I would have expected and liked it to sound a lot easier and relaxed at 4000 rpm.
Old 19th August 2017, 22:46   #73
r.K
BHPian

So I went to Keerthi Motors today with my wife. I wanted to test drive the Street Twin and the STriple back to back with her as pillion. It was raining cats and dogs. We were partly drenched when we went there. While waiting for the rain to abate, was having a hot cup of chai and talking to Prasanna. The points he stated made sense - both bikes are really good everyday bikes - just that the STriple has more power, sporty, and satisfies those track day urges. But very bad for the pillion. Twin is a relaxing tourer with oodles of torque on tap.

So the test drive happened albeit a short one. Street Twin did not feel under-powered at all. Felt slightly on the lower side though. STriple was in rain-mode but still had plenty good acceleration. Exhaust note was addictive and made me grin stupidly throughout the ride. But wifey was not at all happy as pillion. Long story short - I'm in love with the STriple, but mind says Twin. HELP!

Oh and I have requested for a longer test drive of both the rides next sunday (25th). We would start around 6.30-7ish in the morning in the morning. Would any of you folks be interested in joining?

Last edited by r.K : 19th August 2017 at 22:49. Reason: spelling
Old 19th August 2017, 23:36   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.K View Post
. Long story short - I'm in love with the STriple, but mind says Twin. HELP!
?

Having test driven both the bikes recently I'd say striple any day. It's a lot more bike for very little extra money.

One big downer on the street twin is that it's 5 speed. Personally I feel it leaves you hunting for the 6th gear very often as the 5th is just not tall enough.

Only if pillion is s VERY big factor consider electing the street twin over the striple.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 23:49   #75
r.K
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Having test driven both the bikes recently I'd say striple any day. It's a lot more bike for very little extra money.
Yes! That's what I feel too. STriple is around 1.5L dearer than the Twin. And definitely feels more bike.

Any ideas to make pillion comfort better in the STriple?

PS: I'm yet to test drive the Z900. Surajit Bhai. Your thoughts?

Last edited by r.K : 19th August 2017 at 23:52. Reason: Added ps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks