Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2017, 17:16   #1
BHPian

Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh

Triumph India have opened the bookings for the new Street Triple 765. Booking amount is Rs 2lakhs as per the Chennai dealer and delivery time is 2 months. Bikes are expected to hit the showrooms by the end of June. As per the Chennai dealer the R variant is not going to be released in the country. 765 S is getting released now and the RS later this year. Prices aren't revealed as of now. The dealer also said test drives cannot be expected till the end of the year.
At least this is the scenario in Chennai. Any updates from other dealers are welcome. I'm hoping the prices for the S variant is in the lower 9L range.
fiesta_21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 08:00   #2
BHPian

re: Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
Any updates from other dealers are welcome. I'm hoping the prices for the S variant is in the lower 9L range.
Triumph Pune have also opened up bookings for the New Street 765 "S" Variant. Four bookings already done. GST will have an impact on the prices eventually; speculated to rise northwards than the current tax structure.

Even though this is a new launch, still the new Street would be CKD and would be cheaper than the Z900 is what I'm hearing.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 12:47   #3
r.K
BHPian

I thought they would launch the R variant first, owing to the gorgeous TFT display, 5 rider modes, etc. The features "in addition" to the S variant can be found in the official site:

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bi...t-triple#range

It is a big list. The "Assist and slip clutch" and "4 Riding modes Sport, Road, Rain and Rider" alone make it desirable. Not to mention the Fully adjustable Showa adjustable front suspension and Brembo M4.32 monobloc front brake calipers.

Let's wait and see.
r.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 16:10   #4
BHPian

Yup.. I was really confused on which one to get initially. Cause the R variant has too much extra features for maybe a lakh more. But again that is sorted out now as I cannot afford the RS and so I'll settle with a S mostly.
Also, about the pricing,
The street twin is priced at Rs 7,00,000 in India and 7,700£ in the UK.
The bobber is at Rs 9.09Lakhs in India and £10,600 in the UK
The Street Triple S which is priced at £8,000 in the UK should optimally be priced at somewhere around 8 - 8.5Lakh Ex-Showroom. Fingers crossed. But I know that for some reason the price will surely be north of 9L easily.
fiesta_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 10:12   #5
BHPian

Any idea on if the 2017 Street Triple is again detuned for India? And if so, by how much?

I admire the courage of those who pre-booked; I would much rather wait until the detuning saga is sorted out.
Old 29th May 2017, 10:48   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Even though this is a new launch, still the new Street would be CKD and would be cheaper than the Z900 is what I'm hearing.
What are the advantages of the Street Triple 765S, as compared to the Z900 at the same price? Assuming it doesn't get detuned for India.

Engine - 765cc v/s 948cc
Compression Ratio - Sensitive 12.65:1 v/s more practical 11.8:1 of the Z900

Power - 111hp@11,500 rpm v/s 124@6000 rpm of the Z900.
Torque - 73Nm@9400rpm v/s ‎98.6 NM @ 7700 rpm‎ of the Z900.

Electronics and features -
Triumph gives traction control and switchable ride modes, whereas the Kawasaki has slipper clutch.

Price -
Z900 is priced at 9L with essential accessories included like radiator guard, bikini fairing, engine/gearbox protectors, frame sliders, fork sliders, tank pad, rear seat cowl, and power charging adapter. Estimated to cost around 75k extra.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th May 2017 at 10:50.
Old 29th May 2017, 20:45   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
Any idea on if the 2017 Street Triple is again detuned for India? And if so, by how much?

I admire the courage of those who pre-booked; I would much rather wait until the detuning saga is sorted out.
As per the articles I've read so far, the bike is not getting detuned time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What are the advantages of the Street Triple 765S, as compared to the Z900 at the same price? Assuming it doesn't get detuned for India.

Engine - 765cc v/s 948cc
Compression Ratio - Sensitive 12.65:1 v/s more practical 11.8:1 of the Z900

Power - 111hp@11,500 rpm v/s 124@6000 rpm of the Z900.
Torque - 73Nm@9400rpm v/s ‎98.6 NM @ 7700 rpm‎ of the Z900.

Electronics and features -
Triumph gives traction control and switchable ride modes, whereas the Kawasaki has slipper clutch.

Price -
Z900 is priced at 9L with essential accessories included like radiator guard, bikini fairing, engine/gearbox protectors, frame sliders, fork sliders, tank pad, rear seat cowl, and power charging adapter. Estimated to cost around 75k extra.
Advantages of the street triple
  • The biggest advantage the street triple has is its weight.At 166kgs dry, it is close to 35kgs lighter than the z900
  • Also the triumph has a service interval of 1 year compared to the kawasaki's 6months
  • A more established service network as I'm not so sure how good the new kawasaki dealers are after their own partition from the Bajaj network
  • Traction control and rider modes for enhanced safety

Advantages of the z900
  • More power and torque
  • Smoother 4 cylinder engine
  • Necessary accessories included in the price
  • Fully adjustable front and rear suspension compared to only preload adjustment in the RSU of the street triple
  • Slipper clutch
fiesta_21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 13:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thanks Crazy Driver for clarifying the technical nos. To put it in simple words, its basically like comparing the existing Z800 to Street 675.

The major advantage of new street being lighter in weight because of which better power to weight ratio, which also means more torquey in the lower band than the Kawasaki being more linear.

Other advantages of Triumph which follow besides better footprint and established service stations; they provide support in installation of their authorized after market exhaust with re-maps and other performance parts keeping the warranty in-tact which is not offered by Kawasaki.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 15:13   #9
BHPian

In my opinion, the advantage of the triumph over the kawi is in its real world usability.
Numbers seem to indicate that the kawasaki is superior in every way, but the feel of one bike is totally different from the other.

Whatever little i rode the z, i felt that the bike kept on asking me to throw more at her. and every time, the response was - is that all you got?
I mean, my limit came way way sooner than the z and it always asks you to ride at its limit.
This I have largely noticed for many japanese bikes. 4 cylinder engines dont seem to like being under-revved (unless its a long stroke)

The triple is more refined and equal fun while going at 40/60 kmph as it is at 120. The weight is also a big factor. You also need to factor in build quality. They are just so pretty to look at!

The last thing i would like the buyer to consider is product life cycle. Japanese oem's tend to bring something out every 2-3 years making you feel you already own an obsolete product. Ask a Z800 owner or look at 2014/2013 Ninja 650s. They look date and have lower resale value.

I am fairly biased towards the new triple in comparison with the z900 but with triumph not getting the 765R, it does not make too much of an upgrade sense getting a 765S for around 10 lacs. Probably, a pre owned street 675 makes a much smarter case for itself. You can get a decent one for 7 lacs +/- 75k.

If I were to indeed get a street triple, it would have to be the RS unfortunately due to the R not being sold here.
nitrogary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 07:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

The R and the low ride version would have made perfect sense for India.
The RS version is track focused. Someone who may buy the RS might as well spend and get the Daytona. R going by specs should be good for that occasional track days that most owners may think of.

Hearing that the R has big demand. So triumph may stick to selling more in the home market first. For US too R is expected only by July end.
Old 31st May 2017, 14:13   #11
BHPian

Guess the R would make best sense to launch as one would get fully adjustable front forks (Kayaba ones with Comp., Preload and Rebound adjustability) and the same for rear.
Also, it would have Brembo radial brake calipers and a radial brake master cylinder. All this would make it tech wise superior to the Z plus the weight advantage and the ride ability of the narrow triple makes it a great package .
Honestly, I don't care if there aren't any electronic gizmos like LCD screens and ride modes on board as long as there is a fully adjustable suspension and ABS.

Last edited by Crankpin : 31st May 2017 at 14:15.
Old 31st May 2017, 21:06   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Honestly, I don't care if there aren't any electronic gizmos like LCD screens
Used to believe that, and honestly not many bikes till date had anything worthy enough to be a big differentiator in terms of purchase decisions.

But the new 765 console is absolutely gorgeous and revolutionary.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st May 2017 at 21:10.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 21:19   #13
BHPian

YeH looks fancy no doubt but you know I'd still prefer a big analogue tacho spinning crazily...but yes gear position and other info is good to have
Old 4th June 2017, 23:13   #14
BHPian

The official twitter page of Triumph India and the website are updated with the promo pictures for the launch. It has been a month and a half since the launch of the Z900 and the kawasaki India page still hasn't updated anything about the Z or any of the new models that were launched.
Old 6th June 2017, 10:30   #15
BHPian

Overdrive reports that Street triple S to be launched in India on 12th June . More details here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks