Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:04   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
Overdrive have posted a short review of the STriple S
Didnt know the base version came with Showa separate function forks. That's a good advantage for the Triple.

I've been very much impressed with the suspension setup on the Versys thanks to Showa SFF.
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:38   #32
BHPian

Triumph Pune plans to launch the Street S today 7pm onwards.

Triumph Street Triple 765 - Launched at Rs. 8.50 lakh-20170622photo00003813.jpg

Cheers,
Amey
Old 23rd June 2017, 11:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Didnt know the base version came with Showa separate function forks. That's a good advantage for the Triple.

I've been very much impressed with the suspension setup on the Versys thanks to Showa SFF.
Yup the base version comes with non adjustable SFF and the R and the RS versions come with fully adjustable Showa separate function big piston forks with a bit more suspension travel
Old 23rd June 2017, 12:07   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Non adjustable SFF
Adjustability should not be an issue if the tuning is spot-on already. I've never bother to touch the settings on the Showa SFF on the Versys, for example.

Will be taking a test ride tomorrow if it's available in Bangalore. No plans to purchase one though, as I am more comfort oriented.
Old 23rd June 2017, 16:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Shumi from Overdrive has reviewed the 2017 Triumph Street Triple, his impression is favorable but finds the bike priced on the higher side.
Looking forward for the comparo's with Kawasaki Z900.

Old 24th June 2017, 12:18   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Will be taking a test ride tomorrow if it's available in Bangalore. No plans to purchase one though, as I am more comfort oriented.
Your patience is appreciated Sujai! You take the effort to go to a showroom and test ride a bike that you have no intention of buying

Fortunately, I ride many brands/bikes when I'm out for rides with my friends but, going to a showroom to ride a bike that I will never buy is something hard to do. E.g : Recently, I rode the Triumph Speed Tripple and Z800 back to back recently on a ride with friends

Btw, I'm super impressed with Z800 over a Speed Tripple as it's so much easy to ride than the Speed

I'm keenly waiting for the duel between Z900 vs. Street Tripple. May the best "guy" win
Old 24th June 2017, 18:05   #37
BHPian

We know that the previous version of the STriple engine has been de-tuned to work optimally with the available fuel quality/octane rating in India. The newer one is claimed to have the same spec (without de-tune) as the one available in the international market. If this is true, then Triumph might have addressed the problem. Any thoughts or technical inputs (or even speculations) on how Triumph might have worked on making the new STriple work optimally for the Indian conditions. It would be great if someone provides good technical insight on possible ways used by Triumph to address this issue.
Old 24th June 2017, 20:09   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
We know that the previous version of the STriple engine has been de-tuned to work optimally with the available fuel quality/octane rating in India.
Just a correction. Detune of previous model was due to noise certification which did not pass through at ARAI, nothing to do with fuel ratings. Infact the all Triumph bikes are designed to run on normal 91 RON available in India.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 14:53   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Just a correction. Detune of previous model was due to noise certification which did not pass through at ARAI, nothing to do with fuel ratings. Infact the all Triumph bikes are designed to run on normal 91 RON available in India.
So, the intake noise has been reduced with the 765 then? Strange that on the Z900 now, it is more pronounced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Btw, I'm super impressed with Z800 over a Speed Tripple as it's so much easy to ride than the Speed

I'm keenly waiting for the duel between Z900 vs. Street Tripple. May the best "guy" win
Speed Triple vs Z800 is not a fair comparison IMO because it competes with the Z1000.
Even I'm waiting for PD/international reviews of the Z900 vs STriple vs Monster. On paper, the Z900 easily trounces the other two but it'll be interesting to see which is a better motorcycle over all.

Last edited by Porschefire : 25th June 2017 at 14:58.
Old 25th June 2017, 15:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Even I'm waiting for PD/international reviews of the Z900 vs STriple vs Monster. On paper, the Z900 easily trounces the other two but it'll be interesting to see which is a better motorcycle over all.
Even on paper, I don't think the z900 is the clear winner. The Striple weighs almost 40kgs less and is down on power only by 12bhp. The Triumph has a ride by wire throttle for a better response and the Kawasaki has a slip and assist clutch. Even after the review I don't think the auto journalists can come up with a clear winner and it'll all be down to the choice of the rider and their preferences. But it'll be a fun contest to watch nonetheless.
There was a German YouTube channel which compared the z900, street triple S, MT-09 and the MV Augusta Brutale 800. The review was in German and the English subtitles were useless. The verdict though went like this.
4 - Brutale
3 - MT-09
2 - Street Triple S
1 - Z900
Old 25th June 2017, 17:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Even on paper, I don't think the z900 is the clear winner. The Striple weighs almost 40kgs less and is down on power only by 12bhp. The Triumph has a ride by wire throttle for a better response and the Kawasaki has a slip and assist clutch. Even after the review I don't think the auto journalists can come up with a clear winner and it'll all be down to the choice of the rider and their preferences. But it'll be a fun contest to watch nonetheless.
There was a German YouTube channel which compared the z900, street triple S, MT-09 and the MV Augusta Brutale 800. The review was in German and the English subtitles were useless. The verdict though went like this.
4 - Brutale
3 - MT-09
2 - Street Triple S
1 - Z900
True. It boils down to individual preference.
STriple: Lower gear ratios coupled with power at higher RPM.
Z900: Taller gear ratios with more midrange power.

End result: STriple with bustling behaviour VERSUS Z900 with more calmer behaviour.
So the winner is decided by what one likes between these two contrasting styles.
Old 26th June 2017, 10:34   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Speed Triple vs Z800 is not a fair comparison IMO because it competes with the Z1000.
Why isn't it a fair comparison? Imagine you are in market you would most certainly compare both these bikes before taking a decision like everyone considering these would do

Price wise both are identical even with Tripple's 675cc engine and despite the low cubic capacity engine their horsepower are in proximity range and not to mention their top speeds are also close enough. All these aspects make it a perfect candidate for a comparison before buying either of them

Z1000 is a liter class bike and cannot be compared with either a Z800 or Street Tripple
Old 26th June 2017, 11:30   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Why isn't it a fair comparison? Imagine you are in market you would most certainly compare both these bikes before taking a decision like everyone considering these would do

Price wise both are identical even with Tripple's 675cc engine and despite the low cubic capacity engine their horsepower are in proximity range and not to mention their top speeds are also close enough. All these aspects make it a perfect candidate for a comparison before buying either of them

Z1000 is a liter class bike and cannot be compared with either a Z800 or Street Tripple
Sorry Sir, but didn't you mention in your post that you've ridden the Speed Triple and Z800 back to back?

Quote:
Fortunately, I ride many brands/bikes when I'm out for rides with my friends but, going to a showroom to ride a bike that I will never buy is something hard to do. E.g : Recently, I rode the Triumph Speed Tripple and Z800 back to back recently on a ride with friends

That is why I said it is not a fair comparison with the Z800 as the Speed Triple is 1050cc and competes with the Z1000.

I completely agree that the Street Triple and Z800 have been at loggerheads since their inception.

Last edited by Porschefire : 26th June 2017 at 11:32.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 11:32   #44
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even I'm waiting for PD/international reviews of the Z900 vs STriple vs Monster.
Quote:

I guess both of you are on different pages and both are correct.

Speed Triple is a 1050cc 140 bhp motorcycle and can be compared to the Z1000.

Street Triple 675 competes with Z800, now the battle will be between the Street Triple 765 and the Z900.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 14:52   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thanks for the correction. So if we go by what Triumph India claims on the BHP rating of the new STriple, then the intake/exhaust systems should share the same parts between the UK and Indian model. Hope that is verified. Once bitten twice shy :-)

Most Viewed