atul.ktm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 14:48   #62
BHPian

Re: Homecoming of the Hulk : Kawasaki Versys 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
Few pending videos got edited and uploaded recently :P
Nice & sweet videos. Well made

Btw, in the second video at the 7:00 mark her first fall, always remember in a small or big fall, even if everything looks ok, DO NOT try to suddenly get up and stand on your feet. Always go one step at a time sitting on the ground & check everything is ok, all movements of hands and feet and sensation are all ok and then get up. Otherwise you can end up aggravating some small muscle or ligament or bone damage etc.
Anyway, for all of us bikers any fall is a learning experience and it only makes us more confident for future, so I guess her confidence has increased after that
Haroon is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 17:50   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Nice & sweet videos. Well made
Thank you sir

Quote:
Btw, in the second video at the 7:00 mark her first fall, always remember in a small or big fall, even if everything looks ok, DO NOT try to suddenly get up and stand on your feet. Always go one step at a time sitting on the ground & check everything is ok, all movements of hands and feet and sensation are all ok and then get up. Otherwise you can end up aggravating some small muscle or ligament or bone damage etc.
Will definitely keep this in mind.

Quote:
Anyway, for all of us bikers any fall is a learning experience and it only makes us more confident for future, so I guess her confidence has increased after that
Oh absolutely, at the end of the day, she was worried only about the scratches on her Dio

By the way, she dropped her bike on Day 2 as well

Here is the video:

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd May 2021 at 19:03. Reason: Extra smiley deleted
atul.ktm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 09:49   #64
BHPian

Quote:

Many of you may already be knowing that me and Nandita went on a 10,000 kms ride to North East India for 26 days. The recipe is being cooked and will be served with all the details, photos and videos soon.
Eagerly waiting for this, an ardent follower of your rides and updates.

Quote:
Few pending videos got edited and uploaded recently :P
This video shows the importance of riding gears, even though it was a minor fall, if not the protection the injury would have been too much, especially the face part.
Now I can show this video to my colleagues and make them mouth shut for commenting on my ATGATT formula.

Regards
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 14:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for your advice, Haroon Sir. Coming from a such an experience rider like you, would definitely keep this in mind for future.

Quote:

Here is the video:
Thank you once again for sharing the videos, Atul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Eagerly waiting for this, an ardent follower of your rides and updates.

This video shows the importance of riding gears, even though it was a minor fall, if not the protection the injury would have been too much, especially the face part.
Now I can show this video to my colleagues and make them mouth shut for commenting on my ATGATT formula.

Regards
-Badri
Thanks for liking our rides and travelogues. Please do keep support, helps to keep us motivated. And as you rightly pointed out, gears all the time while riding is a must. It is better to be safe than sorry.
nandita_bayan21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 14:53   #66
BHPian

As promised, our North East ride tlog is live:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...0kms-ride.html
atul.ktm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 22:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hi, interesting thread indeed. I'm also looking for a pre-loved Versys as well. On the fender fixing part, I need a reference - someone who can drill a perfect hole without putting scratches on my bike (It's a Honda). Can you plz inbox me the number and address of a reliable guy? Thanks in advance
Quote:
For the fender extender, we need to make 4 holes in the front fender. The drilling machine wasn't present in the SVC so went to my trusted mech and got that fixed. Reached home by 9 pm and kept admiring Hulk for sometime
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 17:12   #68
BHPian

What's with CB350 owners graduating to the Versys 650? I already know of 4 people in Bangalore over the last 3-4 months including me who have done it.
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 08:56   #69
Senior - BHPian

YouTube influencers like Pradeep and Vinay to be thanked I guess Dear friends of mine. Technically - CB 350 is a mileage monster (Long rides), and Versys carves up the countryside, so both bikes in my garage connecting both sides of the spectrum (Or, that's the plan atleast, but the current 'Lockdown' has put spanner in the works)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
What's with CB350 owners graduating to the Versys 650? I already know of 4 people in Bangalore over the last 3-4 months including me who have done it.

Last edited by Sebring : 24th May 2021 at 08:59.
Old 24th May 2021, 09:01   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
YouTube influencers like Pradeep and Vinay to be thanked I guess Dear friends of mine. Technically - CB 350 is a mileage monster (Long rides), and Versys carves up the countryside, so both bikes in my garage connecting both sides of the spectrum (Or, that's the plan atleast, but the current 'Lockdown' has put spanner in the works)
Its the opposite man.

CB350 for the country side rides, easy as Sunday morning if i can borrow a phrase.

The Versys for the long hauls. Always.

Get one and ride them both and you'll see what i mean.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 12:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

I was speaking from mileage POV. Petrol being dearer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
CB350 for the country side rides, easy as Sunday morning if i can borrow a phrase.The Versys for the long hauls. Always.Get one and ride them both and you'll see what i mean.
Old 24th May 2021, 12:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was speaking from mileage POV. Petrol being dearer
Why not the Honda CB500X? Just asking out of curiosity.
Old 24th May 2021, 17:45   #73
Senior - BHPian

I dont know anyone who bought this bike. so assuming not-so-great sales, spares could be an issue. Besides its just slipped off the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Why not the Honda CB500X? Just asking out of curiosity.
Old 26th May 2021, 09:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know anyone who bought this bike. so assuming not-so-great sales, spares could be an issue. Besides its just slipped off the radar
Have a good look at the Triumph Trident and Ducati Scrambler. Interesting options considering that your use case is limited to breakfast and joy rides.
Versys is past its age if you were to look at it today.
Old 29th May 2021, 07:31   #75
BHPian

It’s the same with me, i too picked up the Versys a couple of weeks before the lockdown hit and I’ve just been content to ride it to the grocery store 500m away a couple of times. My group has a long trip planned in July to experience the monsoon, hoping we can make it.

Quote:
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks