Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 20:36   #181
BHPian

Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

Congrats Dhiraj! The bike has sexy written all over it. Absolutely gorgeous and I’m sure the looks will be bettered by the on road performance.

Enjoy the ride and look forward to a detailed ownership report.

Cheers,
Sting

P.S. after looking at your pics with the Harley it looks like your bike and you have both slimmed down! - great going
Sting is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 23:30   #182
BHPian

Congrats @dkaile! Have a lot of fun!

I'll be picking mine as soon as I am back from my travel (in about 2 weeks). Hopefully, the RTO stuff should be sorted by then.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 09:09   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Cheers...
Dkaile : Actually, I take my opinion back. In the first picture with you and bike the greyish/silver color looks quite decent

Wish they had given the same greyish/silver panel to the plastic parts below the green fairing and pannier handle area and the whole bike would have looked actually smashing and fully integrated with respect to color coordination

Look forward to your ownership report soon!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 09:33   #184
BHPian

Congratulations dkaile. Wish you happy and safe miles !!!

I have seen MY2018 Ninja 1000 in person and it looks smashing. The color is very different from other kawasaki greens and it looks amazing. Hope you have a good after sales support as well in your city.

By the way, I guess the recommended RON is 95. That is the case even for Z900. Am I right ? 91 RON from a trusted petrol station should be sufficient I guess. One of our forum members who owned Z800 felt that the engine was smooth with 97 RON. Would like to hear your thoughts when you have a chance to compare with 97 vs 91 RON.
Also hope you have tons of patience during engine break-in
shan_ned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 15:31   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Incidentally, I just received a call from the Kawasaki Cochin dealership. They are still selling the N1000 for Rs 10.24 lacs ex showroom when dealerships across the entire country are selling it at the company announced price of Rs 9.98 lacs ex showroom! The last time I was in the showroom, I had told them the same thing and here I am a few months later telling them the same thing. The only silver lining is that they are acknowledging that it should be Rs 9.98 lacs ex showroom and have promised to look into it. Baffling indeed.

Incidentally, I had a similar experience with the Ducati Cochin dealership on the 959. Even though the company had announced the revised ex showroom pricing a few months ago, the sales person kept sending me pricing that had a higher (by Rs 12,000) ex-shoroom price. I had sent him several links on the revised pricing but they maintained that they had the correct pricing. After a month or so, I received a call from another sales person and I picked up the same thread with him. Finally they went back and checked and called me to confirm that they had made a mistake on the ex showroom pricing and have corrected the numbers!
Old 13th October 2017, 16:22   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Sir,

It seems you have already fixed the radiator guard. Was it a straight fit and was it fixed in the showroom????did it require any modifications??

Thanks in advance
Old 13th October 2017, 17:23   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations dkaile and the very best to you on this magnificent beast
Thanks a ton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Sexyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..
Told you so Sir. Its looking absolutely too good and ravishing
Thanks a ton for reposing the faith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sorry for the off topic question -

Which Ninja is that in the background
Yes, it's a Ninja 300 and that rail looks very odd on a bike of this price range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow! Is that your bike? Congratulations.
Thanks a ton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Congratulations dkaile, the bike looks splendid indeed!
Thanks a ton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Congrats, you now have 2 very different sets of wheel. Is Harley staying or on way out?
Thanks. After a new girlfriend comes, more attention is bequeathed on the wife... lolz. The Harley is going nowhere Sir, it will be passed onto my grand children. Maybe a Adv like yours will also be added to the garage, one or two years down the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair View Post
Congrats @dkaile Finally faith restored after seeing pictures of your MY18 model. It looks beautiful. My bike has also reached the showroom.

The radiator guard fitted well that you got from Ali Express. Do share feedback, I'm planning to buy one too from Ali express based on your feedback.
Thanks a ton. Hope you take the delivery soon. More comments on the radiator guard below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Congrats Dhiraj! The bike has sexy written all over it. Absolutely gorgeous and I’m sure the looks will be bettered by the on road performance.

P.S. after looking at your pics with the Harley it looks like your bike and you have both slimmed down! - great going
Thanks a ton. The Jacket tucks everything in...Lolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Congrats @dkaile! Have a lot of fun!
Thanks a ton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Congratulations dkaile. Wish you happy and safe miles !!!

I have seen MY2018 Ninja 1000 in person and it looks smashing.

By the way, I guess the recommended RON is 95. That is the case even for Z900. Am I right ? 91 RON from a trusted petrol station should be sufficient I guess. One of our forum members who owned Z800 felt that the engine was smooth with 97 RON. Would like to hear your thoughts when you have a chance to compare with 97 vs 91 RON.

Also hope you have tons of patience during engine break-in
Thanks a ton. Yes the manual and the bike stickers on the tank say RON 95. But Kawasaki knows that only RON 91 is available in most places in India. So they have added these India specific instructions on the back of the Ninja 1000 manual cover, which clearly states than anything over RON 91 is OK. The technicians and the Service Manager also assured me that the bike runs just fine on RON 91. They had filled 4 liters of RON 93 (Red color) while giving delivery and I got it tanked up from the same pump with RON 93 for the time being. Rest in Meerut, it's going to be RON 91 Premium -

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-kawasaki-ninja-1000-delivery-manual-instructions.jpg

The bike is a beast and was the 1st bike which scared me on the return journey to Meerut yesterday. Even on Low power mode and traction control at 2 it was still scary. It delivers 100bhp even in low power mode. But it had it's fair share of "baptism by fire" just as all my previous bikes. I got stuck in peak hour Delhi traffic and the 60 kms journey took me nearly 3 hours. NH 58 has really gone to the dogs and we need that Meerut Expressway pretty fast. Hopefully it gets completed by next year, seeing the amount of construction going on en-route. I had a similar worse experience while bringing my Heritage from Gurgaon where I was nearly 'cooked' in the heat. So yes, I am patient, and did not exceed 3000 RPM (85km/h) for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Incidentally, I just received a call from the Kawasaki Cochin dealership. They are still selling the N1000 for Rs 10.24 lacs ex showroom when dealerships across the entire country are selling it at the company announced price of Rs 9.98 lacs ex showroom!
It's with all these dealers. Even after earning nearly 1 lac+ on each Ninja 1000 sale. Fleece, wherever you can, especially when a bike starts selling well. I got the 10000/- bucks handling charges waived off after some haggling.
Quote:
It seems you have already fixed the radiator guard. Was it a straight fit and was it fixed in the showroom????did it require any modifications??
I am attaching photos. It was a straight fit. One hole of the guard on the left side (when looking at it straight) had to be slightly enlarged slightly. This hole is just slid on with no tightening of any bolts. My mechanic at the dealership had fitted these earlier also on other bikes and it took just 2 strikes of the hammer to do the job. Rest it felt as good as the OE with NO vibrations on my journey back as I had already fitted 3M foam tape on its back side. The mechanic however did not remove the sticking cover and said there is no need to stick it to the radiator. Just the cushioning effect is enough. I was keeping these pictures for the ownership thread, but anyways -

The delicious 4 cylinder in-line, now a naked... lolz
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-kawasaki-ninja-1000-delivery-radiator-guard-fitting-2.jpg

The radiator guard being attached. The one hole on the top nearest to you in the photo had to be enlarged.
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-kawasaki-ninja-1000-delivery-radiator-guard-fitting-1.jpg

Evotech Guard was now available at the dealership at 8500/- bucks. But even the mechanic agreed that this AliExpress one was of great build quality and bang for the buck -
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-evotech-radiator-guard-ninja-1000-.jpg

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 13th October 2017 at 17:32.
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 17:42   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton.
The bike is a beast and was the 1st bike which scared me on the return journey to Meerut yesterday. Even on Low power mode and traction control at 2 it was still scary. It delivers 100bhp even in low power mode. But it had it's fair share of "baptism by fire" just as all my previous bikes. I got stuck in peak hour Delhi traffic and the 60 kms journey took me nearly 3 hours. NH 58 has really gone to the dogs and we need that Meerut Expressway pretty fast. Hopefully it gets completed by next year, seeing the amount of construction going on en-route. I had a similar worse experience while bringing my Heritage from Gurgaon where I was nearly 'cooked' in the heat. So yes, I am patient, and did not exceed 3000 RPM (85km/h) for now.

It's with all these dealers. Even after earning nearly 1 lac+ on each Ninja 1000 sale. Fleece, wherever you can, especially when a bike starts selling well. I got the 10000/- bucks handling charges waived off after some haggling.

I am attaching photos. It was a straight fit. One hole of the guard on the left side (when looking at it straight) had to be slightly enlarged slightly. This hole is just slid on with no tightening of any bolts. My mechanic at the dealership had fitted these earlier also on other bikes and it took just 2 strikes of the hammer to do the job. Rest it felt as good as the OE with NO vibrations on my journey back as I had already fitted 3M foam tape on its back side. The mechanic however did not remove the sticking cover and said there is no need to stick it to the radiator. Just the cushioning effect is enough. I was keeping these pictures for the ownership thread, but anyways -

The delicious 4 cylinder in-line, now a naked... lolz
Attachment 1685328

The radiator guard being attached
Attachment 1685329

Cheers...
Thanks for the information sir.

Why were the fairings removed???does radiator guard require us to take the fairings off??

Sir, the fun is just beginning. If you feel the bike is a beast at low rpm then be ready to unleash the the bike after 7000 rpm as, majority of power comes after 7000 rpm. The beauty of N1000 is that though it is a 4 cylinder bike the power and torque is beautifully spread through out the rev range.

Would love a comparo with your HD bikes.

Thanks and regards
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 17:44   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers...
Congrats for the new acquisition in litre class
Damn it's good in this color.
thinking of following your tale after The Himalayan. mostly will visit showroom in coming days and evaluate the bike for me and my physique.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 17:49   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why were the fairings removed???does radiator guard require us to take the fairings off??
Yes, it is required to take the fairing off. Not the whole one. That had to be taken off as I also got the front number plate and the saree guard removed. They both spoil the look of the bike. Somehow my mechanic was more comfortable doing that and I also wanted to see the disassembly because I am a hands on person, so I encouraged him. Some people on international forums had mentioned that they attached the guard without removing the fairing but I don't see how? They must have pretty Ninja like small and articulate hands... lolz.

With the Harley there is lots and lots of low end torque. But it looses steam pretty quick. This thing just keeps on going and going till it is ready to reach the moon...lolz. But keeping things sane for now, till 2k kms.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 10:00   #191
Senior - BHPian

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507955018921.jpg

The emerald green has these silver/golden flakes which makes this color stand out, though it is hard to capture the actual impact in these photos. Though deeper, it is much more sophisticated than the flatter candy lime.
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507955067167.jpg

Ninja 1000 vs the ST RS? Really!! Two totally different bikes for totally different needs. One is a track focused short duration machine while the other is bulletproof highway cruncher which will still beat the latter on the track day. If someone is confused between the two, it's really surprising. One should clarify their biking needs and set their priorities straight before going for either.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 14th October 2017 at 10:08.
dkaile is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 21:11   #192
BHPian

@dkaile - Is it mandatory to remove fairing to remove the front number plate?
Old 15th October 2017, 01:07   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair View Post
@dkaile - Is it mandatory to remove fairing to remove the front number plate?
No, only the front windshield and front fairing. Though he also disconnected the speedo as one of the nuts fell inside the body while loosening the number plate and had to be extracted using a magnetic tool. There are also 2 bushes installed below each rear view mirror which need to be removed for proper fitting of the mirrors after removing the number plate.

Cheers...
Old 15th October 2017, 06:47   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If someone is confused between the two, it's really surprising. One should clarify their biking needs and set their priorities straight before going for either.
Absolutely. The only thing even remotely similar between the two bikes would be the pricing!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 10:36   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ninja 1000 vs the ST RS? Really!! Two totally different bikes for totally different needs. One is a track focused short duration machine while the other is bulletproof highway cruncher which will still beat the latter on the track day. If someone is confused between the two, it's really surprising. One should clarify their biking needs and set their priorities straight before going for either.
Spot On! A liter class bike being compared with a 765 cc engine

Prospective folks looking to buy a superbike should first introspect what they want from a bike & how much time they are willing to spend with it. This will give them clarity to shortlist 2 bikes at most and, not just shortlist every bike under the sun in their budget

I can understand the above predicament for a total layman who has no motorcycling history but, sadly folks with a lot of biking history are also unsure and sway from one bike to a radically different one is rather strange and this becomes the classic reason for regret and they start looking for upgrades as soon as they buy it

Another simple way to shortlist a bike (My all time favorite !!!)--Go with your heart and just buy it! To heck with any other reasoning
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks