Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 17:25   #91
BHPian

Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations. Absolutely beautiful bike. Wishing you many wonderful years of safe riding on this Gentleman's Sports Cruiser. I wish we could also remove the front license plate to a more docile location.

Cheers...
Thanks for the kind words...
Old 7th August 2017, 17:29   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Thanks for the kind words...
I am much more keener to see the arai lid of yours haha.

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 8th August 2017, 11:15   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I am much more keener to see the arai lid of yours haha.

Congrats on the new ride!
As requested sir... Beautiful helemt. It is very stable till 140 km/hr as i have not ridden more than that.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-img20170726wa0003.jpg  

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-img20170726wa0004.jpg  

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-helmet.jpg  

ashroy_6 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 11:33   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As requested sir... Beautiful helemt. It is very stable till 140 km/hr as i have not ridden more than that.
Woot woot what a beauty! Underscores my decision to get an arai as my next lid for sure!

That bike is an absolute looker as well! Fantastic buy!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 11:49   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Ashroy, the motorcycle looks smashing. Wish you many happy miles.
Surajit333 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 13:09   #96
BHPian

Quote:
hi,

Just picked up Kawasaki ninja 1000 2017 black and grey combination last week from Hyderabad showroom.
Congratulations! The Black looks HOT!! Brilliant captures I must say.
Wish you loads of safe miles with your new steed.

Any accessories purchased / planned? Keep posting your experience as you are one of the first owners of the New Ninja 1000.
Old 9th August 2017, 13:02   #97
Senior - BHPian

Another funny video. Off roading on a Ninja!!

Cheers...
Old 19th August 2017, 13:53   #98
Senior - BHPian

With Ducati SuperSport launching this month and at a equally competitive price which is a worthy competitor to the Ninja 1000, I just hope that Kawasaki doesn't take it easy or their dealers fall into the arrogance trap to once again take Kawasaki down in the dumps in India. Their service still needs to be sorted out properly and I have started seeing smugness creeping into their dealers even before the brand has really re-established itself. With Shishir Sinha taking over as the Sales and Marketing Chief at Kawasaki who comes in from Harley Davidson, I hope he immediately takes control over these mistakes to re-establish this brand.

Cheers...
Old 19th August 2017, 15:52   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With Shishir Sinha taking over as the Sales and Marketing Chief at Kawasaki who comes in from Harley Davidson, I hope he immediately takes control over these mistakes to re-establish this brand.

Cheers...
Thats all good and everything, but who the hell in kawasaki is in charge of the service and after sales across the country?

Last edited by Aditya : 20th August 2017 at 18:42. Reason: Deleting aggressive bit
Old 19th August 2017, 21:03   #100
BHPian

Quote:
With Ducati SuperSport launching this month and at a equally competitive price which is a worthy competitor to the Ninja 1000, I just hope that Kawasaki doesn't take it easy or their dealers fall into the arrogance trap to once again take Kawasaki down in the dumps in India. Their service still needs to be sorted out properly and I have started seeing smugness creeping into their dealers even before the brand has really re-established itself. With Shishir Sinha taking over as the Sales and Marketing Chief at Kawasaki who comes in from Harley Davidson, I hope he immediately takes control over these mistakes to re-establish this brand.

Cheers...
It has been over 4 weeks since I booked a Ninja 1000 (paid 1L) at the RideVentur Kawasaki in Bangalore.

I haven't had ONE call with update on availability of the Green color. (They had one black one and tried initially to sell that one).

Secondly, they don't pick up call (a guy called Chetan) and never ever ever return the call. (Like EVER)

I don't feel like calling them again. I should probably just go and cancel my booking, and pick something else which gives a better ownership experience.

If pre-sales is like this, I wonder how horrible after-sales / service will be

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 19th August 2017 at 21:04.
Old 19th August 2017, 21:28   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
It has been over 4 weeks since I booked a Ninja 1000 (paid 1L) at the RideVentur Kawasaki in Bangalore.

I haven't had ONE call with update on availability of the Green color. (They had one black one and tried initially to sell that one).

Secondly, they don't pick up call (a guy called Chetan) and never ever ever return the call. (Like EVER)

I don't feel like calling them again. I should probably just go and cancel my booking, and pick something else which gives a better ownership experience.

If pre-sales is like this, I wonder how horrible after-sales / service will be
Lol sriram, i suggest you cancel your booking and run far far away. Service is atrocious to say the least, parts take over a month to arrive if you call them every day of the week.

I dont know, these bikes are not meant to run. They are meant to be kept in your driveway and ogled at. Alone.

Atleast that is what kawasaki expects its customers to do.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 18:16   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

The situation in bangalore is no different or better than pune unfortunately. Less said about chennai the better. Guys there rode their kawasakis in a group to bangalore to service the bikes, whilst the bangalore guys dont touch the center by a barge pole!

I guess what avinash meant to say is, everyone who buys a kawasaki is welcome to Hyderabad for service with a gratis wine and dine offer from avinash himself. Lol. Anyway we are really veering off topic, this thread is meant to be about a bike, not brand bashing.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 18:29   #103
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

In most (if not all) instances what happens is - just to get a confirmed booking, the salesguy / dealer will give you a shorter waiting period whereas the actual waiting period is a longer one. And when the customer start calling when his "promised" waiting period is over - the dealers do not pick up calls and start giving excuses. This is unacceptable - irrespective of it being a superbike or a commuter bike.

We Indians are aware of the amount of time and formalities involved in booking imported vehicles - but that's where the dealer comes in and his promises and commitments. It would be good if the dealer gives a genuine waiting period of what he has been promised from the manufacturer (3 months) so that even the customer is aware. But giving a shorter timeline and then not picking up phone calls is unacceptable.

I would agree that it is worth waiting for the Kawasaki - but shouldn't that waiting period be confirmed and committed correctly by the dealer / manufacturer.
Old 21st August 2017, 21:42   #104
BHPian

People raise concerns in the public forum with a hope that IKM takes corrective actions. As long as their concerns are genuine, they cannot be simply dismissed as cribbing. As long as those concerns are genuine, they need to be accepted. There may be a few who crib just for the sake of cribbing, but not all criticisms can be dismissed. Yes, no one forces a person to buy from Kawasaki, but it doesn't mean that he/she has to keep quite and not raise the issue. I am a Kawasaki bike owner and I am disappointed with the way Kawasaki is doing business. This is my genuine concern and if this is dismissed as cribbing, I have no points to discuss further. I will be the happiest person if Kawasaki improves and takes care of my loved bike. Hope IKM reads these posts.

@sriramviyer - Hope you don't end up cancelling your order just because of the bad experience with the dealer. Any way, all the best and hope your get your bike at the earliest.

Last edited by shan_ned : 21st August 2017 at 21:44.
shan_ned is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 22:49   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
People raise concerns in the public forum with a hope that IKM takes corrective actions. As long as their concerns are genuine, they cannot be simply dismissed as cribbing. As long as those concerns are genuine, they need to be accepted. There may be a few who crib just for the sake of cribbing, but not all criticisms can be dismissed. Yes, no one forces a person to buy from Kawasaki, but it doesn't mean that he/she has to keep quite and not raise the issue. I am a Kawasaki bike owner and I am disappointed with the way Kawasaki is doing business.
+1 to that. Word for word. Excellently put. Even I'm not very happy about the notion of shoving my opinion onto someone else. Each is entitled to his own opinion.
pixantz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks