Team-BHP - 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/188476-2017-kawasaki-ninja-1000-launched-9-98-lakh.html)

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Launched @ 9.98 Lakh

Superb pricing IMO. Can certainly satisfy proper superbike itch without breaking bank.

Quote:

Kawasaki has just launched the latest iteration of its Ninja 1000 at Rs 9.98 lakh (ex-showroom India). It has been brought into India via the semi-knocked-down, which has allowed for a much lower price-tag; the older Ninja 1000 was priced at Rs 12.50 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). It will be assembled at Kawasaki's new plant at Chakan, but as of now, only 20 Ninja 1000s are available in India.

The Ninja 1000 continues to use the older bike’s 1043cc, four-cylinder engine, but the motor has been upgraded for BS-IV compliance. Additionally, ABS, traction control and wheelie control are part of the new bike’s electronics suite.

A new, two-piece front fairing sets the new bike apart from the older model. It is wider than before, gets LED headlamps, and features a taller, manually adjustable windscreen for better wind protection.

The Ninja 1000 isn’t the only bike to have gotten cheaper. Prices for the Z900 have also dropped from Rs 9 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) to Rs 7.68 lakh (ex-showroom, India); the bike is now sold without accessories that came as standard on the Z900 at the time of launch.

Sweet pricing. If Kawasaki gets their service in order they will be the ones to beat. The most crucial part (service) is being given the least priority. Spares... lets not even get started on it.

One of most under rated and VFM superbikes in India just got better. ABS, traction control and wheelie control, damn! Folks who bought into BS3 pre registered Ninja 1000s 'awesome deal' must be feeling shortchanged for sure. Higher EMI, higher depreciation and yet lesser tech!
Hopefully this relatively aggressive pricing strategy on the Z900 and Ninja 1000 will bring in the sought after volumes enabling the dealerships and Kawasaki India to bring more trained technical personnel on board and also hold on to a larger inventory of spares.

I would still spend a little bit more and get something like Triumph Daytona 650. Proper track tool.

But I guess not everyone likes aggressive bikes and for them it makes sense. It's a good tourer with VFM tag. And now looks wicked as well. Kawasaki are really changing the game here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brutailer (Post 4230807)
Triumph Daytona 650. Proper track tool.

It's a good tourer with VFM tag.

So what's the point really with the Daytona?

Someone buying either of the bikes shouldn't even consider the other as an alternative, unless he is looking only for sound and fairing.

The main competition for the Ninja 1000 is the GSX S1000F - being inline4, comfort oriented, faired litre class machine. And Kawasaki has done well to undercut the Suzuki pricing by a good 2.5L ex-showroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4230836)
So what's the point really with the Daytona?

Someone buying either of the bikes shouldn't even consider the other as an alternative, unless he is looking only for sound and fairing.

That was my personal opinion. Which is why I said this :

Quote:

But I guess not everyone likes aggressive bikes and for them it makes sense. It's a good tourer with VFM tag. And now looks wicked as well. Kawasaki are really changing the game here.
Also, Kawasaki seems to make this bike a little sporty whereas GSX1000F seems little more comfortable. And I meant to say the Kawasaki is a good tourer with VFM tag, not the daytona. Should've been more clear.

I just can't believe people are *not* going bonkers here! :Shockked:

Proper 1000+ cc bike / 140 BHP / ABS + Cornering ABS / IMU / Riding Modes for 9.98L !!!

I went to Langford Kawasaki and they said they are expecting prices of all bikes to come down post GST.

With increasing numbers, I hope service should also get better. (They have only Z650 / Ninja 650 / Ninja 300 on display) - All display bikes should be in by this weekend.

I am so tempted to pick up one!

PS:- Guess this is called Z1000SX in other markets

Basically Kawasaki is doing a "Hayabusa" ofcourse with more technology on the offer.

Kudos to Kawasaki for doing this and yes as Manson said, people who opted for BS3 Ninja 1000 are sure to be pissed. There was one here at Kochi with a very delicious offer. But, man this pricing really blows everything away.

But why only 20 has been allocated to India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 4231284)
I just can't believe people are *not* going bonkers here! :Shockked:

Proper 1000+ cc bike / 140 BHP / ABS + Cornering ABS / IMU / Riding Modes for 9.98L !!!

+1 to that. Reactions seems to be somewhat subdued overall but I feel this is fabulous pricing (along with the base Z900 as well) and it will reset the a manufacturers ability to steadily increase prices. The second hand market will also take a hit as bikes used to hold resale very well but that will get corrected. I used to the think the Busa was the best VFM big bike but this now blows everything away. Buyers who are willing to spend ~ 8 lacs will seriously consider upgrading to this and those spending in the vicinity of say ~ 13 + will wonder if the other options are worth it.

However, both the sales and after sales experience (basically everything minus the price :D) has been the Achilles heel for Kawasaki, except for Mumbai from where I am hearing very positive feedback, and if that can be sorted out people will gravitate back to Kawasaki. Ive not been a fan of Kawasaki's attitude towards India in recent times but this shows me that they are serious about the Indian market and maybe the short terms pains of poor service + lack of spares etc due to the split is a necessary evil with long terms gains.

Ducati will definitely have to take a long hard look at their pricing of the Supersport which is expected to come in at Rs 11.7 ex showroom. Now if only Kawasaki can pull off similarly jaw dropping pricing on the 10R and wipe out the competition in the litre class segment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasuki (Post 4231317)
Basically Kawasaki is doing a "Hayabusa" ofcourse with more technology on the offer.

Kudos to Kawasaki for doing this and yes as Manson said, people who opted for BS3 Ninja 1000 are sure to be pissed. There was one here at Kochi with a very delicious offer. But, man this pricing really blows everything away.

Probably such a low figure to gauge market response. I suspect that they will sell all 20 easily without the option of test rides. What was the discount on the bike in the Cochin showroom? Was it the same 2014 / 15 one that has been on display for quite a while?

Fantastic pricing !! Do I understand correctly that 9.98 Lakhs is an All India price and not just ex-showroom Delhi?

People were paying nearly as much as this for a Z800 + accessories couple of years back so definitely it's good news for someone aspiring to graduate to a liter bike

Wish the adventure liter bikes are launched at this price point, I would pick one up right away:Frustrati

Happy to see the premium bikes are becoming cheaper and cheaper as that is exactly what is needed to make this community thrive alongside the improvement of their service levels

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasuki (Post 4231317)

They are starting CKD at their own new plant, without Bajaj.

Might be a slow start for this reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 4231396)

Probably such a low figure to gauge market response. I suspect that they will sell all 20 easily without the option of test rides. What was the discount on the bike in the Cochin showroom? Was it the same 2014 / 15 one that has been on display for quite a while?

Yes the same one. Now it is not there in display, must've sold off. Discount was in the range of 3+ from OTR which was about 15 odd for Ninja 1000 that time.

Now thats what we call own a segment by pricing it right. It makes no sense to even buy the Z900 now. Z1000 is the perfect bike for anyone looking beyond a 600cc.

I would still prefer an R6 but this pricing basically killed used market, Honda's anything above 200cc, Yamaha(hahaha-I have to admit Yamaha was more of a suicide than someone killing it) and anything else.

Brilliant bike, exceptional mid range and as always one of the most reliable engines ever on a 1L.

Great for anyone who has budget for a versys to use it as a front money and get this instead :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 4231484)
Now thats what we call own a segment by pricing it right. It makes no sense to even buy the Z900 now.

Z900 prices revised to 7.68L without accessories.

That leaves an approx 3L on-road price difference between the two.

Well, not to rain on anyone's parade, neither wish to do brand bashing or favouring, but all the fantastic pricing and models aside, Kawa doesn't have the least necessary after-sales/service facilities in place enough for considering a purchase. To be on the safe side, that is. Because anyone knows that the hard part is not the buying, but the owning/maintaining. At least in Indian conditions. And the existing facilities are highly suspect and not upto the mark if you really want to justify the care needed for your million rupee machine.

That said, I think Honda is much much better sorted here with the Wings facility and though they don't have as many superbike models on offer currently, I think a Honda buyer would any day have a bigger smile on his face some months down the line, after purchase.

So basically if you go with the mind, rather than the heart, purchasing a Cbr650f would make more technical sense than the Green Goblin brigade. Again, not wanting to highjack the thread or anything, but just thought that my fellow bhpians should have another perspective in mind while spending the moolah.

Rest is up to you guys, the money is yours, after all. Just my two cents. Have fun, ride safe. :thumbs up