Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2018, 10:39   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I

By the way mate, your posts are a bit confusing to me. Are you getting the Desert Sled or going for the XPulse/Himalayan. I'm pretty sure you will not have all the 3 bikes in the same shopping list, will you?
I am going for a Desert Sled, eventually sell off my V and also keep a Himalayan as my secondary bike.
Old 19th February 2018, 20:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled launched at Rs. 9.32 lakh

Last week i sold me Bonnie A3. Intention was to get the new triumph street scrambler for which i would have to sell my versys and use combined sale amount of the bonnie and versys. I love the looks of street scrambler, esp the matt green and matt black combo, and it has all the ingredients which my 865 bonnie lacked, mainly ABS, traction, light handling, better GC, bit off-road capable, better suspension, etc. OTR in Bangalore for street scrambler is 10.85L, which in my opinion is a bit overpriced. A rider buddy offered to ride his loaded street scrambler yesterday on highway for about 50 kms, and the bike is a pleasure, untill at higher speeds where the wind blast sets. No heat issues on highway from the high mounted exhaust, did not get to sample it in city traffic.

Coming to desert sled, i am planning to go for a test ride soon. Seat height and engine heat is a concern as i will be using it for daily commuting to work as well a[part for weekend rides. Lets see how we connect but to begin with heart is in favour of street scrambler.
Another line of thought is to keep and ride the versys for a while and wait for some of new bikes like baby GS, xpulse, enfield twins, etc to hit the market and explore them as well.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 15th September 2018 at 12:21. Reason: formatting
Old 20th February 2018, 10:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Coming to desert sled, i am planning to go for a test ride soon. Seat height and engine heat is a concern as i will be using it for daily commuting to work as well a[part for weekend rides. Lets see how we connect but to begin with heart is in favour of street scrambler.
I'm was thinking about the same upgrade myself and I have a Bonnie SE. I test drove the Street Scrambler extensively, on highways and on a dirt track. The Scrambler does have the advantages that you mentioned but I dropped the plan as I didn't like the way it delivered power. The 865 on the Bonnie felt better on that aspect.

Ducati Pune didn't have a Desert Sled for a test drive but I sat on one to check the ergonomics. I could flat foot the Scrambler but I was tip-toeing on the DS (the optional low seat should help). However it doesn't feel top heavy like some of the Adventure Tourers out there. It is such a wonderful looking bike, especially in white with those gold wheels.

On paper and on visual evidence, everything points to the Ducati. I will know better once they feel that I'm worthy of a test drive .
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 11:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm was thinking about the same upgrade myself and I have a Bonnie SE. I test drove the Street Scrambler extensively, on highways and on a dirt track. The Scrambler does have the advantages that you mentioned but I dropped the plan as I didn't like the way it delivered power. The 865 on the Bonnie felt better on that aspect.
power delivery did feel more docile, linear and controlled on the SS. around 4.5k rpm some vibes were felt. I had Tors on my A3 with free flow filter and map and really enjoyed the pull there. If it wasen't for the fall i had, would have retained the bonnie. Desert sled test ride should help make a call. Heard ducati is throwing in some discount as the model is not really moving on sales.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 08:52   #20
BHPian

Last checked with AMP Ducati about discount on Desert Sled, they have none on Desert Sled.... 🙄
Am waiting for some discount surely on it as though it's a good bike it surely is overpriced.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 12:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Last checked with AMP Ducati about discount on Desert Sled, they have none on Desert Sled.... ��
Am waiting for some discount surely on it as though it's a good bike it surely is overpriced.
Is this CBU? if yes, the latest reduction in duty may help the cause. Need to test ride it get a hang of the seat height and engine guard. BTW congrats on your new steed..

Last edited by nasirkaka : 22nd February 2018 at 12:25. Reason: spelling
Old 22nd February 2018, 12:57   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Is this CBU? if yes, the latest reduction in duty may help the cause. Need to test ride it get a hang of the seat height and engine guard. BTW congrats on your new steed..
CBU yes. But Ducati bikes are imported from Thailand which already was covered under the free trade agreement.

So no reduction expected.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 16:47   #23
BHPian

Thanks Nasir. My experience of Desert Sled is that the seat height won't be a big problem as the weight sits low on the frame so very easy handling machine. Do share your thoughts n experience once you test ride.
Old 15th September 2018, 12:05   #24
BHPian

Any Desert Sled review in TBHP?
Finding none.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks