Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2018, 18:09   #46
BHPian

Re: Updated Honda CBR 650F launch. EDIT: Bookings open at Rs. 7.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshb View Post
I booked one in Red around the middle of November, and the dealer has indicated that I will get the delivery end of January or thereabouts. Anyone has a better update on when the deliveries will begin?

To add my 2 paise, I was terribly confused between the CBR and the Z900 - what clinched the deal was the absence of Grab Rails in the Z (and also the lack of after market ones)
Congratulations!! Keep us posted on updates of delivery. Well, interesting pointer to choose a bike. I have never heard of grab handle being a reason to choose/reject a bike. The new CBR does look better in my opinion in both the new color schemes plus the new LED headlight.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Old 4th January 2018, 19:02   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Congratulations!! Keep us posted on updates of delivery. Well, interesting pointer to choose a bike. I have never heard of grab handle being a reason to choose/reject a bike. The new CBR does look better in my opinion in both the new color schemes plus the new LED headlight.

CHEERS!!
Rachit
Thanks Rachit! The new done does look a wee bit better.

To mention a little history, I wanted to get the Ninja650 first, having had a CBR250R for a few years which I barely used much. The Ninja650 didn't feel substantial enough, and hence started looking at the Z900. Did a test drive and was hooked. But looking at my usage decided on the CBR650 which launched at the right time. Either my 8.5 year-old Son (kitted) or my wife would (kitted) be on the bike once in a while and primarily the bike would be used for school, tennis and music class runs with an occasional ride with my riding group.

And that solves the mystery of my need for grab handles The Striple also has grab handles BTW
animeshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 19:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rachit! The new done does look a wee bit better.

To mention a little history, I wanted to get the Ninja650 first, having had a CBR250R for a few years which I barely used much. The Ninja650 didn't feel substantial enough, and hence started looking at the Z900. Did a test drive and was hooked. But looking at my usage decided on the CBR650 which launched at the right time. Either my 8.5 year-old Son (kitted) or my wife would (kitted) be on the bike once in a while and primarily the bike would be used for school, tennis and music class runs with an occasional ride with my riding group.

And that solves the mystery of my need for grab handles The Striple also has grab handles BTW
Yeah, I could guess the usage from the need for the grab handles. Considering you have pillion comfort in mind, CBR is a wee bit better than the Z900 in my opinion in this regard. In the Delhi Honda group, there are a few guys who bring their sons/daughters on the ride with them in the CBR.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 19:38   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I booked one in Red around the middle of November, and the dealer has indicated that I will get the delivery end of January or thereabouts. Anyone has a better update on when the deliveries will begin?

To add my 2 paise, I was terribly confused between the CBR and the Z900 - what clinched the deal was the absence of Grab Rails in the Z (and also the lack of after market ones)
Actually you can get aftermarket Hepco Becker rails for the Z900 which also double up as luggage holders
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 21:17   #50
BHPian

Quote:
If one more family member will be with you always, then you should be happy about leaving z900 bcz that rear seat is so uncomfortable (padding is non existent and size is also small) that you will put the pillion on a torture test. Z900 otherwise being an excellent package is not good for 2 up riding. Congrats in advance for CBR650F.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th January 2018 at 21:28.
Old 5th January 2018, 21:53   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I booked one in Red around the middle of November, and the dealer has indicated that I will get the delivery end of January or thereabouts.
Quite surprising since the launch was back in October. Almost three months have passed and no bikes to be seen.

Had requested a callback from the dealer when the display vehicles arrive - and yet to receive any information from them as well.

Quote:
Either my 8.5 year-old Son (kitted) or my wife would (kitted) be on the bike once in a while and primarily the bike would be used for school, tennis and music class runs with an occasional ride with my riding group.
Good decision on the CBR650F.

Z900 is a total misfit for pillion usage. Only the Versys 650 and Ninja 1000 can carry pillion in good comfort, in the Kawasaki lineup.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th January 2018 at 21:55.
Old 5th January 2018, 22:58   #52
BHPian

Quote:

Trust me, much more than grab rails contribute to pillion comfort and safety. When Honda called the CBR650 a sports tourer, they meant it. I'm saying this after doing a 7000 km ride across 8 Indian states over 17 days. Yes, my wife was pillion for more than 70% of this distance.

All the best for your ownership.

Adding one of my favourite pics clicked by a dear friend, before our travelogue comes up here on Tbhp.

Updated Honda CBR 650F launch. EDIT: Bookings open at Rs. 7.30 lakhs-img_20180102_205531.jpg
Added_flavor is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 23:00   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Actually you can get aftermarket Hepco Becker rails for the Z900 which also double up as luggage holders
Nevermind! One of the smart alecs at the dealership mentioned that I can get one fabricated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post
If one more family member will be with you always, then you should be happy about leaving z900 bcz that rear seat is so uncomfortable (padding is non existent and size is also small) that you will put the pillion on a torture test. Z900 otherwise being an excellent package is not good for 2 up riding. Congrats in advance for CBR650F.
Thanks dchahal. Completely agree on the uncomfortable rear seat. If that wasn't a problem, I would have got the Z without even thinking. It's a silly reason, but valid for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Quite surprising since the launch was back in October. Almost three months have passed and no bikes to be seen.
The manufacturing was supposed to start on the 4th of Jan. Not sure whats the status right now.

Quote:
Good decision on the CBR650F. Z900 is a total misfit for pillion usage. Only the Versys 650 and Ninja 1000 can carry pillion in good comfort, in the Kawasaki lineup.
Thanks! The Versys650 is too big for me at 5'7". The Ninja 1000 is amazing and VFM but quite intimidating for a first big bike.
animeshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 23:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:

Z900 is a total misfit for pillion usage. Only the Versys 650 and Ninja 1000 can carry pillion in good comfort, in the Kawasaki lineup.

They have one more ace named "14R" which is even more comfortable.
dchahal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 10:28   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The manufacturing was supposed to start on the 4th of Jan. Not sure whats the status right now.
Finally after what seemed like ages - we have the first of the ride reports trickling in -

Must say - Looks mighty good as compared to the earlier iteration, all thanks to a good colour scheme.

Key Differences -

1. More committed riding position now due to lowered clipons.
2. All LED headlamps, but average lighting.
3. Short gear ratios and slighty louder exhaust.
4. Much better handling and ride due to the new Showa forks.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th January 2018 at 10:37.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 13:52   #56
BHPian

Booked mine in Nov. expecting delivery of the red in feb some time. there’s a comparo video of the 2017 vs the outgoing model by an existing 650f owner. the matte black looks breath takingly good.

here’s the link to the comparo video-

cheers and happy riding!
BoltThrower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 01:07   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower View Post
Booked mine in Nov. expecting delivery of the red in feb some time.
Any news on the delivery?

Hearing no news about the 650F from the Bangalore dealership. Honda website still says only 'Bookings Open'.
Old 22nd February 2018, 09:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:

Hearing no news about the 650F from the Bangalore dealership. Honda website still says only 'Bookings Open'.
Quite a few 2017 bikes have been delivered from Bangalore. That includes both red and black. In fact one of the red bikes met with an unfortunate small accident and is in the service center for repairs.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:14   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Took delivery on the 9th of Feb. Have had first servicing done. Working on the write up now
BoltThrower is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:22   #60
BANNED

Just contacted Wing world KOCHI for details. The Service Advisor had no clue regarding the availability. She said they are expecting the price and availability details on the first week of March..I think they are least interested in selling the bike seeing their body language.:
Regards

Last edited by dilipkumar7278 : 22nd February 2018 at 18:23. Reason: Spelling mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks