Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2018, 19:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Updated Honda CBR 650F launch. EDIT: Bookings open at Rs. 7.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Just contacted Wing world KOCHI for details. The Service Advisor had no clue regarding the availability. She said they are expecting the price and availability details on the first week of March..I think they are least interested in selling the bike seeing their body language.:
Regards
It is possible that they are re-calculating the price because of recent changes in CKD and CBU taxes?? Not sure.

Rachit
Old 22nd February 2018, 22:40   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower View Post
Took delivery on the 9th of Feb. Have had first servicing done. Working on the write up now
Delivery taken in Maharasthra? If so what is the on-road price in Maharasthra? Which dealer?
Old 22nd February 2018, 22:45   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Delivery taken in Maharasthra? If so what is the on-road price in Maharasthra? Which dealer?
Pune. Pashankar Auto. 8.34 On road with the 5 year warranty.
BoltThrower is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 08:07   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Pune. Pashankar Auto. 8.34 On road with the 5 year warranty.
Thanks! I am having my eye on the CBR650F for sometime now. Not sure whether they will launch the 2018 version soon since it was on display in the auto expo. With the R3 also launched with ABS, kinda in a dilemma between these two. How is the service experience in Pashankar Auto? I heard they have a separate bay for CBR650F. Can you please also mention the road tax, handling charges and insurance breakup.
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:08   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I am having my eye on the CBR650F for sometime now. Not sure whether they will launch the 2018 version soon since it was on display in the auto expo. With the R3 also launched with ABS, kinda in a dilemma between these two. How is the service experience in Pashankar Auto? I heard they have a separate bay for CBR650F. Can you please also mention the road tax, handling charges and insurance breakup.
The 2018 version is the one being delivered. I booked a Millennium Red in Nov 17 and got delivery on 9th Feb. The Matte Gunpowder Black is available sooner I believe.

Service Experience has been good so far but I've only had the first servicing done. And yes they do have a separate bay for the big bikes with a dedicated big bike technician.

R3 and CBR650 are in two different leagues altogether. I'll update this reply with pictures of the quotation with the full break up once I reach home from office in the evening.

Hope this helps
BoltThrower is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 11:36   #66
BHPian

Quote:
The 2018 version is the one being delivered. I booked a Millennium Red in Nov 17 and got delivery on 9th Feb. The Matte Gunpowder Black is available sooner I believe.

Service Experience has been good so far but I've only had the first servicing done. And yes they do have a separate bay for the big bikes with a dedicated big bike technician.

R3 and CBR650 are in two different leagues altogether. I'll update this reply with pictures of the quotation with the full break up once I reach home from office in the evening.

Hope this helps
I am looking for the matte black only. Agree that R3 and CBR650F are different altogether but from a sports touring perspective I made the comparison. R3 with ABS is half as much as CBR650F. Inline4 and more power are the tempting factors. Both have relatively low cost of ownership and are built to last a good number of years. CBR650F is good for two up touring and it will be realively tough in the R3. So weighing the pros and cons. We don't have the roads to cruise at above 150kmph on a bike.
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 11:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for the matte black only. Agree that R3 and CBR650F are different altogether but from a sports touring perspective I made the comparison. R3 with ABS is half as much as CBR650F. Inline4 and more power are the tempting factors. Both have relatively low cost of ownership and are built to last a good number of years. CBR650F is good for two up touring and it will be realively tough in the R3. So weighing the pros and cons. We don't have the roads to cruise at above 150kmph on a bike.
I don't remember the video, but there was one with R3 cruising across europe against much bigger adventure/touring bikes! R3 did it in much faster than expected time, thanks to longer range per tank and other minor advantages.

R3 would attract less attention too, which is important when you park on some unknown places. On the other hand CBR would make the itch to upgrade further since you can never use in to full potential anywhere.
Old 22nd March 2018, 22:10   #68
BANNED

Received message from Wing World , kochi that the display bike has arrived at the showroom. The price breakup is as follows. ..

Ex-showroom : Rs.7 33 835

Zero Dep Insurance Rs.13 708

Tax Rs 1 47 317

Total Rs. 8 94 860

Regards

Dilip
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:02   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I don't remember the video, but there was one with R3 cruising across europe against much bigger adventure/touring bikes! R3 did it in much faster than expected time, thanks to longer range per tank and other minor advantages.

R3 would attract less attention too, which is important when you park on some unknown places. On the other hand CBR would make the itch to upgrade further since you can never use in to full potential anywhere.
I would have to disagree. The CBR hardly attracts any attention, even when running. I've only had people come up to it when it has been parked next to other big bikes otherwise literally almost no one even takes a second glance until a rev bomb gets dropped. Secondly, because of its docile nature and linear power delivery one can can wring the throttle open and use up the bike's full potential almost anywhere.
BoltThrower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 17:14   #70
BHPian

So finally after months of waiting, etc the CBR is finally home. No change in pricing after the CKD fiasco luckily and the effort the team at Honda Wing World put in during the delivery made up for the delays. This was one of those Vehicle deliveries where the delivery folks seemed like the were genuinely excited!

50+ kms under the belt, I like the bike! The linear power delivery, no crazy antics, Inline-4, just my kind of soundtrack, a useable rear seat, relatively alright pricing and I am a happy guy.

I just need a few basic accessories (frame sliders, etc) and I should be set! One of these days, I wish to have a ownership thread of my own.

Unfortunately am yet to do a ride with a decent background, and hence here are a couple of pictures to complete the post

Updated Honda CBR 650F launch. EDIT: Bookings open at Rs. 7.30 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20180326-11.06.56-am.jpeg

Updated Honda CBR 650F launch. EDIT: Bookings open at Rs. 7.30 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20180326-11.07.02-am.jpeg
animeshb is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 11:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshb View Post
So finally after months of waiting, etc the CBR is finally home. No change in pricing after the CKD fiasco luckily and the effort the team at Honda Wing World put in during the delivery made up for the delays.
Many congratulations animeshb If you don't mind can you please share the ex-showroom and on road price? Looking forward to your ownership review. Till then do share lots of pictures.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 12:44   #72
BHPian

Quote:
So finally after months of waiting, etc the CBR is finally home. No change in pricing after the CKD fiasco luckily and the effort the team at Honda Wing World put in during the delivery made up for the delays. This was one of those Vehicle deliveries where the delivery folks seemed like the were genuinely excited!

50+ kms under the belt, I like the bike! The linear power delivery, no crazy antics, Inline-4, just my kind of soundtrack, a useable rear seat, relatively alright pricing and I am a happy guy.

I just need a few basic accessories (frame sliders, etc) and I should be set! One of these days, I wish to have a ownership thread of my own.

Unfortunately am yet to do a ride with a decent background, and hence here are a couple of pictures to complete the post

Attachment 1745460

Attachment 1745461
Many congrats animeshb! she looks smashing in red wish you thousands upon thousands of happy miles on her
BoltThrower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 21:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations animeshb If you don't mind can you please share the ex-showroom and on road price? Looking forward to your ownership review. Till then do share lots of pictures.
Thanks AutoIndian! The ex-showroom was 7.30L and onroad in Gurgaon/Haryana came to 8.08L.

Quote:
Many congrats animeshb! she looks smashing in red wish you thousands upon thousands of happy miles on her
Thanks BoltThrower! You review is the standard for me at the moment

Last edited by animeshb : 31st March 2018 at 21:09. Reason: included another quoted comment
animeshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 17:42   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks AutoIndian! The ex-showroom was 7.30L and onroad in Gurgaon/Haryana came to 8.08L.
Vow, that's superb. Just above 8L on road, I believe that should the lowest on road price of this bike compared to other states where the taxes play a spoilsport.
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:25   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Vow, that's superb. Just above 8L on road, I believe that should the lowest on road price of this bike compared to other states where the taxes play a spoilsport.
I believe Delhi would be a a few thousands (4-5K) lesser. With the various weird tax structures, the difference in price for the Z900 the between Delhi-NCR and Mumbai was 1.5L+ while Honda/Triumph was more or less the same. Guess it was CBU vs CKD.
animeshb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed