Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2018, 09:46   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Going by similar sentiments as the thread title - Where in the world is 750 and 850 GS?

Launch happened but they have maintained silence afterwards. Initially I assumed its due to import duty cuts, and later the launch of the Tigers.

However, now the Tigers have reached the showrooms. But no signs of the middle weight GS twins arriving anytime soon.

Cold feet?

While Delhi dealers are being overly optimistic, I am told the bikes may land as late as Q4 2018 calendar. That is really bad launch planning in my opinion.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 09:51   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Where in the world is the BMW F800GS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
While Delhi dealers are being overly optimistic, I am told the bikes may land as late as Q4 2018 calendar. That is really bad launch planning in my opinion.
Exactly.

Q3 end / Q4 seems to be thr case now. Why did they go ahead and launch and even announce the prices during the expo? If the bikes were to hit the market almost a year later!

Very poor planning from BMW.
Old 6th April 2018, 11:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Q3 end / Q4 seems to be thr case now. Why did they go ahead and launch and even announce the prices during the expo? If the bikes were to hit the market almost a year later!

Very poor planning from BMW.
Actually, I'm of the opinion that it was a good move to launch the bikes and reveal the prices at the auto expo. Here's the reasons why I think it was a good move:

1. All the people who have been waiting for these models, now have confirmation that they are definitely coming to the market, hence for the most part will hold off on buying any other big bike in the meantime.
2. There's no need to try guessing the price anymore. We all know how much the bikes are going to cost.
3. The people who are waiting to buy these bikes, know how much they will cost, hence can start planning the finances for them in advance.
4. With the inquiries coming in to the showrooms, BMW can gauge the demand for these bikes in advance.
5. We can HOPE that with an idea of how many sales to expect, they'll ensure adequate supply, and be prepared from the servicing aspect too.

While I know that it sucks to wait for a bike/car that you've been wanting for a long time (relative), I believe that these bikes are worth the wait for most enthusiasts.
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
Old 6th April 2018, 11:40   #34
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW Motorrad Pune dealer (Bavaria Motors) is pretty sure that the F750GS and F850GS would be hitting the showrooms by mid-May.

Meanwhile the 2018 Tiger XR/XRx/XCx would be available with dealers sometime by end-April. The XRt and XCa is supposed to arrive later.
Old 6th April 2018, 18:42   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
BMW Motorrad Pune dealer (Bavaria Motors) is pretty sure that the F750GS and F850GS would be hitting the showrooms by mid-May.
Not the information received from Bangalore and (as mentioned in the post above) Delhi dealers. In fact, Bangalore dealer has mentioned it in writing as well now-

Where in the world is the BMW F800GS?-screenshot_20180406183800.png
Old 6th April 2018, 21:55   #36
Team-BHP Support

I disagree with most of this actually. To your points below:

1. Only ex showroom for base variants has been revealed. Many people prefer pro and there is no information as to what even the specs of the pro will be let alone the mark up pricing. Ideally, the ex showroom price may itself have to be revisited as CBU duty change happened few days after the auto expo announcement. We do not know whether or not that will happen.

With Tigers you have the bikes launched with prices of all variants that have been launched and the bikes themselves coming in within a few weeks.

It is not rocket science to guess that the mid order BMWs will be around and about Tiger pricing to compete. The real information would be to know exact pricing and no one knows that today.

2. & 3. See response in 1 above.

4. They are launching CBUs, which is much less challenging than local assembly from the standpoint of gauging demand. If Tigers with local assembly can be launched in the way they have, no CBU launch should require 6 months of market analysis from announcing base version ex showroom prices to determine how many pieces to ship here.

Make no mistake, the entire launch is poorly managed and clearly the BMW India management team is not in proper sync with their German counterparts.

The fact that some dealers are very clear that it will launch in Q3/Q4 while some (Delhi) are actually going ahead and taking booking amounts also shows how inconsistent the information flow is. I was speaking with the Mumbai dealer and he was VERY professional in saying - we are not taking advance booking money at this point until we are clear on what the launch timelines are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Actually, I'm of the opinion that it was a good move to launch the bikes and reveal the prices at the auto expo. Here's the reasons why I think it was a good move:

1. All the people who have been waiting for these models, now have confirmation that they are definitely coming to the market, hence for the most part will hold off on buying any other big bike in the meantime.

2. There's no need to try guessing the price anymore. We all know how much the bikes are going to cost.

3. The people who are waiting to buy these bikes, know how much they will cost, hence can start planning the finances for them in advance.

4. With the inquiries coming in to the showrooms, BMW can gauge the demand for these bikes in advance.

5. We can HOPE that with an idea of how many sales to expect, they'll ensure adequate supply, and be prepared from the servicing aspect too.

While I know that it sucks to wait for a bike/car that you've been wanting for a long time (relative), I believe that these bikes are worth the wait for most enthusiasts.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
Old 28th September 2018, 23:50   #37
BHPian

Ahem, finally?

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...trada/1330174/
Old 29th September 2018, 09:57   #38
Team-BHP Support

Their ex showroom prices are very misleading. A pro 750 once you account for choice of paint and TFT screen (yes - the TFT is a 60k paid extra) is expected to hover around 18.5 lakh. Expect the 850 then to be around 19.5 or so. For a couple of lakhs etc you can get yourself the only spec fully kitted 1200 Tiger. Much better value in my opinion.
Old 10th April 2022, 19:11   #39
BHPian

Just came across this thread. Have been riding this since a year now & have been impressed by what it can achieve. Is it still not available in india?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks