Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2017, 20:08   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
The total job was undertaken as a GOODWILL WARRANTY REPLACEMENT
That's relatively unheard of So what was the logic you gave asking for the free replacement or you just asked some concession?

Given the number of new bikes on market, such gestures will definitely help Kawasaki winning business from the guys confused between two brands.

Are you riding to IBW or flying? Maybe we can meet sometime on 24th, I am confused between GSA & 1200RT.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th November 2017 at 20:10.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 20:25   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
That's relatively unheard of So what was the logic you gave asking for the free replacement or you just asked some concession?

Are you riding to IBW or flying? Maybe we can meet sometime on 24th, I am confused between GSA & 1200RT.
Why would I ask for a concession? I raised a official 'complaint' and hid no facts that the NH58 roads were broken and I went over few potholes which every vehicle on Indian roads undergoes every day. Their rims should be strong enough to withstand our National Highways. We are not riding on US or Japanese highways. Neither are we paying them peanuts. I was not off roading or abusing my brand new bike and riding within the break-in speed limits. They were also quite perplexed. Asked me to send photographs several times to ensure I had not undergone a accident. They informed me that their rims had been severely tested on our roads and this might be a one off incident. Then they were kind enough to honor their warranty on a goodwill basis as it occurred on day 1 and I informed the dealership immediately on noticing it and escalated the matter to their Indian and Australian Service Departments within 5 days of delivery. It is our right as consumers and especially of such high end bikes to demand our rights. Being proactive helped otherwise a docile approach and my claim would have been rejected.

I am flying to IBW as it is more of our Annual Bachelor Party... Lolz. Need this at my age. Surely we can connect up there. I will be staying around our favorite joint at Fishermans Cove on Candolim - Baga road. Frankly I find both the bike's mentioned by you to be too heavy for our Indian conditions. The 800 cc bikes like the 750/850 GS are more on my radar as the next addition in my garage.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 23:05   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
That is one of the reasons I don't believe in comprehensive insurance after the first year of any of my vehicles.
Insurance is a matter of having the necessary backup money. If it's not there, believe in maximum coverage, hope and pray. Unfortunately - I fall in this category.

If it's there - no use wasting money year after year for something that may never ever come in handy.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 12:59   #79
Senior - BHPian

The new horn sound.

Would have preferred the Minda Trumpets but since was unable to make those fit, these Roots Smartones are sufficiently loud for our aurally challenged Indian conditions, at least here in UP. The stock horn, as with most vehicles, was pathetic and useless, especially for a high capacity bike. A louder horn is a safety requirement in India unlike the West and the authorities should realise to this fact or stop allowing production of high speed vehicles at all.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 18th November 2017 at 13:18.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 14:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

A Indian YouTube review of the bike by a fellow owner after completing 5000 kms and doing a long ride of 3000+ kms, who also is a member of our group.

Cheers...

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th September 2018 at 08:47. Reason: Please refrain from posting about Whatsapp and Facebook groups on the forum. Thanks!
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 17:45   #81
BHPian

Quote:
A Indian YouTube review of the bike by a fellow owner after completing 5000 kms and doing a long ride of 3000+ kms, who also is a member of our group.

Cheers...
@dkaile sir any info on the frame sliders mentioned in the video? I am asking this as you mentioned that the owner is part of the WA group. Also were you able to get the frame sliders from Kawasaki for your bike? I remember reading in your thread about it. Thanks.

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th September 2018 at 08:47. Reason: Editing quoted post.
Old 16th December 2017, 19:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
any info on the frame sliders mentioned in the video? I am asking this as you mentioned that the owner is part of the WA group. Also were you able to get the frame sliders from Kawasaki for your bike? I remember reading in your thread about it.
The frame sliders in that video are original Kawasaki ones which the member sourced through his relatives in the UK. He has also mentioned the same in the video. Many of our members have installed frame sliders from PUIG, Germany, which I feel are of very high quality and fit and complement the bike perfectly. They are available at our dealership M/s Aurum Automobiles, Delhi for Rs. 13,000/-. I have not installed the same and neither am I in the mood to install any frame sliders in the near future.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 16th December 2017 at 19:55.
Old 19th December 2017, 16:01   #83
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers...
The soft pannier bags look good & seem functional too. Any idea which ones are these?

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th September 2018 at 08:47. Reason: Editing quoted post.
Old 19th December 2017, 16:16   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaghuru View Post
The soft pannier bags look good & seem functional too. Any idea which ones are these?
Hepco Becker from Motousher India - https://shop.motousher.com/products/...r-hepco-becker

https://www.hepco-shop.de/meinbike/k...z-1000-sx-2017

Cheers...
Old 20th December 2017, 10:52   #85
BHPian

Congratulations on the new bike dkaile!

Since you have a Harley and a Japanese bike as well in your stable I would like to ask you a question. If you were to take either of your bikes for a weekend ride or an overnighter which one would you prefer the Harley or the Ninja?
BowMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 11:23   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMan View Post
Since you have a Harley and a Japanese bike as well in your stable I would like to ask you a question. If you were to take either of your bikes for a weekend ride or an overnighter which one would you prefer the Harley or the Ninja?
Both would serve the purpose well for the overnighter. Right now the Heritage has more luggage space built in due to the leather saddle bags and would also be more comfortable for the pillion due to the backrest. But I bought the Ninja primarily for long distance solo touring (4~5k kms) which I would be planning in a few months hopefully, and I would also be getting the dedicated panniers for the Ninja. In terms of outright performance, practicality and reliability, the Ninja would win hands down. In terms of outright looks and persona, the Heritage would be the winner. So best of both worlds in these two bikes, according to the mood and utility.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 20th December 2017 at 11:25.
Old 20th December 2017, 12:50   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Both would serve the purpose well for the overnighter. Right now the Heritage has more luggage space built in due to the leather saddle bags and would also be more comfortable for the pillion due to the backrest. But I bought the Ninja primarily for long distance solo touring (4~5k kms) which I would be planning in a few months hopefully, and I would also be getting the dedicated panniers for the Ninja. In terms of outright performance, practicality and reliability, the Ninja would win hands down. In terms of outright looks and persona, the Heritage would be the winner. So best of both worlds in these two bikes, according to the mood and utility.

Cheers...
Indeed best of both worlds and a very enviable situation.

I have a sporty with me since 2012. Up till now I have never done longer rides but since the past few months I have been venturing out of the town on weekends and the Sporty's lack of comfort has made itself woefully apparent. Also the chassis characteristics make it a difficult bike to change lanes so it makes a rather difficult bike to manage in our traffic conditions, change lanes and flick in and out of traffic.

I am planning to upgrade the seat and handlebar and add a windshield. The quest is a bike that is more comfortable for spending the day in the saddle. I hope to get to a point that is reasonable in terms of comfort for a sporty. If I get there the sporty stays, else I will be looking to flip my ride.

But I have been looking at these Japanese offerings and to be honest the Ninja 1000 seems like a very promising option should I decide to go that way.

The versys 650 too is a nice option but I am not convinced it is a shift up from a sporty, maybe a shift down. I also heard Kawasaki will introduce the versys 1000 with a changed pricing but not sure if those are just rumors.

Last edited by BowMan : 20th December 2017 at 12:52.
BowMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 10:08   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The versys 650 too is a nice option but I am not convinced it is a shift up from a sporty, maybe a shift down. I also heard Kawasaki will introduce the versys 1000 with a changed pricing but not sure if those are just rumors.
What is a Sporty? Is it the Iron 883? If yes, then Versys 650 may look like downgrade on paper but, a huge upgrade in reality as it can do "everything" superior to the 883 hands-down. Try it once

If you look up international reviews between Versys 650 and Versys 1000. The amount of adulation 650 receives is unparalleled (plenty of folks on their 2nd or 3rd Versys 650) compared to its bigger sibling. And, for a good reason as except the additional power there is nothing more the big brother can do better than it's lil' brother

Versys 1000 is a good bike for people who want the comfort of touring with big horsepower under tap at a price that makes it unjustifiable, It was selling at massive discounts to clear the BSIII stocks a few months ago and couple of Versys 650 guys upgraded to it. But, did not hear of any new pricing for the 2018 BSIV models till date

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st December 2017 at 10:10.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 23:39   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What is a Sporty? Is it the Iron 883? If yes, then Versys 650 may look like downgrade on paper but, a huge upgrade in reality as it can do "everything" superior to the 883 hands-down. Try it once
Indeed you might be right. Or completely wrong. Let me explain.

I am somewhat of an old school biker. I bought my first bike in 1997 (or was it 99) and it was a RE Machismo. With the Indo-Jap wave on our roads at its peak everyone thought I was bonkers to buy a Enfield. I was completely new to motorcycles and on the day of delivery I was embarrassed that I could not even kickstart the bike. The first service was after two months and by that time the entire engine block was covered in leaking oil that had gummed up into a grease. Few bits had fallen off the bike and I had to pick em up from the road and fix em at home. The bike was a nightmare in terms of quality.

A long time later RE came out with their UCE engine and I bought the TBTS. I had it for a couple of years and it gave me perfectly reliable service, no breakdowns, very little oil leakage (for an RE). But after a few years I sold it. The bike just felt so sterile I had no connect with the bike at all.

After I got myself the Sporty I sold my old Iron Block RE but there was a void in my heart that the Sporty just could not fill. I missed my RE and yearned to have her back. To my surprise one day I saw the guy to whom I had sold the RE (I was under the impression he had moved to another city) and could not resist the temptation to inquire about the RE. 'Do you still have it'? 'Yes', he said. 'Do you still ride it'. 'Yes, sometimes'. 'Why sometimes' I asked? 'Well I had a new job and have moved back here. There's just not enough time for the bike nowadays'. 'Okay' I said. 'If you want to sell the bike let me have the first chance'.

That weekend the guy called me and after being away from my bike for three years I bought her back for exactly the same amount I had sold her for.

I have a strange feeling that if I sell my Sporty I will be in the same situation as when I had sold my RE. Some bikes are engineered but some bikes make a connect with your heart. It's something you have to experience and can not be explained.

On an off topic note, I visited the Triumph showroom recently and tried their Bonnies. Completely sterile bikes! On my way back the Harley felt so much more alive between my legs. The way the bike rolls and shakes and roars. I hope you get what I am trying to explain...
BowMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 07:06   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Harley felt so much more alive between my legs. The way the bike rolls and shakes and roars.
Yes, the Harley has so much character that it is sometimes hard to convince people why actually we ride that iron and steel dumbbell. I hope to pass on mine to my grandkids. The Sportster Is still the best of the lot, I feel, as I do miss the handling of my Superlow on the Softail sometimes. But the Japs are pure precision. And a human is a mixture of heart and rationality.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks