Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2020, 21:03   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
I've been hunting the 1000 and talking to the Chandigarh dealer. At this point he hasn't come down to 9, though close to it. Am actually gunning for 8.75, which would be 2.5 lower than the on road price as of 31st March.
Noob question actually. How will you register the bike? I thought the registration was allowed till 30th April, no? (Haven’t been following actively so pardon the slip ups)..
Old 3rd May 2020, 21:07   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Noob question actually. How will you register the bike? I thought the registration was allowed till 30th April, no? (Haven’t been following actively so pardon the slip ups)..
It's actually registered by the showroom in their name before 31st March
Old 4th May 2020, 18:00   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's actually registered by the showroom in their name before 31st March
ah! That explains. So, then technically a second sale for you. I assume you aren’t taking loan on this, even though for bikes there not as much difference in first and used bike loan ROI.
Old 4th May 2020, 19:56   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
ah! That explains. So, then technically a second sale for you. I assume you aren’t taking loan on this, even though for bikes there not as much difference in first and used bike loan ROI.
Yes. He will be the second owner though for all practical purposes it's a new bike. But explaining that to the third owner when he decides to sell the bike will be a difficult task. So it's best to get as big a discount up front as possible.
Old 11th May 2020, 01:32   #260
BHPian

Quote:
I've been hunting the 1000 and talking to the Chandigarh dealer. At this point he hasn't come down to 9, though close to it. Am actually gunning for 8.75, which would be 2.5 lower than the on road price as of 31st March.
If price is not an issue wait for the new ninja, for a couple of lakhs more you get latest tech and the new model plus you will be first owner, the re sale on ninja 1000 is attrocious, you can get a 2017-2018 for approx 7-7.5 in delhi.
After the new one comes in a lakh lesser so do not jump the gun bro , you may feel impatient right now but trust me the old Ninja feels dated in comparison to the new one , with regards to the twin exhausts its an individuval choice , kawasaki put 1 on the new one to shave weight smart in my view
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 05:58   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
old Ninja feels dated in comparison to the new one
Totally disagree. Except for the TFT dash and slight difference of rake, the existing Ninja 1000 comes with the full electronics package including the 6 axis IMU, cornering ABS, full LED headlights et al. And the TFT dash is not the latest kind like that on the Honda Africa Twin where you get Apple Car Play and full navigation SUITE, but a basic one. And the shifting to a single exhaust has more to do with emission compliance to Euro 5 (BS6) and as a thumb rule the acceleration figures were always better in Euro 3 > Euro 4 > Euro 5. So to pay nearly 4 lac extra (estimated) from the current discounted price is something to think about. And once these discounts vanish in the coming months the resale will again rebound for existing bikes.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 11th May 2020 at 06:09.
dkaile is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 20:49   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Totally disagree. Except for the TFT dash and slight difference of rake.

And once these discounts vanish in the coming months the resale will again rebound for existing bikes.

Cheers...
For everyones knowledge the all new ninja 2020 comes with the below mentioned changes veracity of the same can be checked on the official kawasaki website.

New riding modes not present in earlier version.!

Sport, Road, Rain, Rider (manual)
• All-inclusive modes that link KTRC, Power Mode and KECS allow riders to efficiently set traction control, power delivery and suspension character to suit a given riding situation.
• Riders can choose from Sport, Road, Rain or a manual setting (Rider). In the manual Rider mode, each of the systems can be set independently.
- Sport: enables riders to enjoy sporty riding on winding roads.
- Road: offers comfortable riding over a wide range of situations, from city riding to highway cruising
and rural roads.
- Rain: offers rider reassurance when riding on a wet road surface.

Electronic Cruise Control:

• Allows a desired speed to be maintained with the simple press of a button so that the rider does not have to constantly modulate the throttle. This reduces stress on the right hand when traveling long distances, enabling relaxed cruising and contributing to a high level of riding comfort.

• Once the desired speed has been selected, engine output is adjusted automatically via the Electronic Throttle Valves to maintain speed when ascending or descending grades are encountered. The set speed can be adjusted using the “+” and “-” buttons.

• Operating the brake lever, clutch lever or rear brake pedal, or shifting gears, causes the Electronic Cruise Control to disengage. Closing the throttle beyond the “zero-throttle” position is another instinctive way to disengage the system. The system also disengages automatically in the event of a significant traction control intervention

Electronic Throttle Valve

• New Electronic Throttle Valves (ETV) enable the ECU to optimize the volume of both the fuel, via the injectors, and the air, via the throttle valves, delivered to the engine. Optimized fuel injection and throttle position results in smooth, natural engine response and ideal engine output.

• The ETV has the accelerator position sensor located at the handlebar instead of the throttle body, eliminating throttle cable maintenance. Friction is built in to the twist grip to simulate the feel of a traditional throttle cable.

• FI and ETV settings combine for quick and smooth throttle response that helps with low-speed maneuverability, roll-on power and contributes to sport riding potential.

Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS)

• A contactless-type quick shifter enables clutchless upshifts and downshifts for seamless acceleration and quick and easy deceleration.

• During acceleration, the system detects that the shift lever has been actuated, and sends a signal to the ECU to cut ignition so that the next gear can be engaged without having to use the clutch or backing off the throttle.

•During deceleration, the KQS system automatically controls engine speed, allowing downshifts without operating the clutch as long as the throttle is closed.

• KQS does not function below 2,500 rpm.

ENGINE

• Revised cam profiles reduce tappet noise for a quieter-running engine.

• Shorter outer intake funnels for cylinders 1 and 4 help reduce emissions and match the exhaust layout.

• All-new exhaust system is a 4-into-2-into pre-chamber into-1 layout, with the new single-sided muffler reducing weight by approximately 4.5 pounds. Three-way catalyzers in the exhaust collector help reduce emissions.

SUSPENSION

• New low-speed slit added to the damping pistons relieve negative pressure build-up during compression for smoother fork action.

• Overall suspension settings have been fine-tuned to enhance the Ninja 1000SX’s sport touring potential by accommodating both sport riding and comfortable touring.

TIRES

• Now fitted with Bridgestone’s latest BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22 tires for lighter handling with enhanced grip in both dry and wet conditions.

SPORTIER STYLING

• New three-piece side fairing enhances the appearance.

• New supersport-style front fender contributes to the sportier image.

• Longer under-cowl contributes to a more dynamic appearance.

INCREASED WIND PROTECTION

• Revised windshield is set at slightly more upright angle and now has four positions instead of three ranging from sporty to maximum wind protection. The release button below the instrument panel is retained so that windshield adjustment is simple without the need for tools.

Have not gone into the new TFT display which is far better them the one doing duty on most kawasakis now.

Also the used superbike market simply works on the easy logic of once a newer model is introduced the older gen takes a hit, its a dealer dominated market and they are not enthusiasts who go into each detail of the bike. There are many good used low mileage ninjas 2017-2018 with dealers asking for approx 7.5 in delhi.

If i was in the market i would buy the new ninja eyes closed @ a difference of 2-3 lakhs i would still get a far better package, if not i would
Pick up a used one for 7-7.5ish the going rate these days.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 21:15   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New riding modes not present in earlier version.
As a current owner I know very well how they highlight the features and how it actually compares to the previous editions going on my experience with their pre 2017 models that I have ridden.

The electronic throttle valves are directly related to getting electronic cruise control, which I find is one of the most useless feature for riding/driving conditions in India. It's so illogical that I have hardly ever been able to use it in my cars, maybe once or twice in the past eight years. So that's just a personal choice.

Riding modes is just like saying that we have 2 riding modes (Low and High) and 4 positions of traction control (3 + Off) in the 2017-2019 models but the company will choose how it will work in the 2020 model. It does not adjust the suspension in any way and I will always find it better to choose which combination I will use it on mine.

The reviews of the KQS on the new model are quite disappointing in the few reviews which have come out. And it might be a useful feature if the bike is used mostly for track purposes. Also it might not be offered on the Indian model as per Kawasaki's policy of skipping top end features in the price sensitive market like India just like they did by giving us just the lower model of the Versys 1000 and not the SE edition. Fingers crossed.

Rest updates to the engine (read the bhp and torque figures are exactly identical), suspension, tires, styling and windshield are so minor that you might not even know they exist once you ride both bikes back to back. The actual update from the 2015-16 to the 2017 was a big one when they introduced the LED lighting, integrated luggage and full electronics package, which actually made a difference. I feel they have just repackaged it in this 2020 version as is the name of the game. Also non of the existing 200+ odd Ninja 1000 Owners I am in touch with are really excited about these changes. We can't all be wrong.

These are just my personal thoughts, not intending to offend anyone, and which I feel do not warrant the price difference we are talking about. But then to each his own.

Cheers...

Last edited by GTO : 12th May 2020 at 08:09. Reason: Do NOT make personal allegations (you must be working with Kawasaki)
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 21:30   #264
BHPian

Quote:
These are just my personal thoughts which I definitely feel do not warrant the price difference we are talking about. But then to each his own.

Cheers...
I have also owned a Ninja 1000 and have rode it extensively for 15 k kms in 1.5 years before I sold it, and sold it at a good time thankfully.

Again to each his own the new one comes with more features then the current one for some that may be useless but for others like me who prefer to ride extensively, I feel its a far better proposition then the current model period.!

Last edited by GTO : 12th May 2020 at 08:09. Reason: Edited the quoted post
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 21:36   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and sold it at a good time thankfully.
That's nice to know. Perhaps that's why you are looking once again to come back to Ninja 1000 and looking at this model so closely.

Anyways for a existing owner and IF I was looking for a upgrade, it does not make much sense to me.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 21:39   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps that's why you are looking once again to come back to Ninja 1000 and looking at this model so closely.
No, I have bought a Supersport 6 months back. Existing owners most probably wont upgrade to the new one makes no sense monetarily they will take a hit on resale and shell out approx 5 lakhs more, makes no sense at all for existing owners.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th May 2020 at 22:53. Reason: Post fixed - typos, typos. Please check annoucements for posting rules. Thanks!
Old 11th May 2020, 21:52   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, I have bought a Supersport 6 months back. Existing owners most probably wont upgrade to the new one makes no sense monetarily they will take a hit on resale and shell out approx 5 lakhs more, makes no sense at all for existing owners.
Having moved to a ZX10R (I presume), your interest in the new Ninja 1000 is quite entertaining. Perhaps you are attracted back to the practicality of a super sports tourer. Though if it was worth it, 5 lacs can easily be considered but I do not consider so. Would like to end it here.

Cheers...

Last edited by aah78 : 11th May 2020 at 22:53. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 11th May 2020, 22:08   #268
BHPian

Note from Support: Post edited - no snide remarks please. Please quote only relevant portions of posts - don't quote large posts entirely. Run a spell-checker (e.g. Grammarly) before posting & check for typos. Thanks!

Quote:
Having moved to a ZX10R (I presume), your interest in the new Ninja 1000 is quite entertaining. Perhaps you are attracted back to the practicality of a super sports tourer. Though if it was worth it, 5 lacs can easily be considered but I do not consider so. Would like to end it here.
Well, I have owned the Ninja so why would I not be interested or keep my self updated on the new model, there are many who may have doubts or questions and the purpose of this forum is to share ones experience which I did!

Regarding your question of whether I am looking at the Ninja because of its practicality well not so much, I have clocked 7k kms on my Supersport in 6 months; far far more then some Ninja owners I know who have not clocked maybe half of that much in 2 plus years ownership. So I am more then comfortable on my Supersport.

Absolutely sir lets end it here .

Last edited by aah78 : 11th May 2020 at 23:09. Reason: See note. Check PM.
Old 15th May 2020, 13:09   #269

Surprising fact by Speed Kawasaki Kolkata
As the lock-down has opened partially and they have regained operations. I called their executive and to my horror he said that even after showroom has registered the bike I have booked the price for the same is as follows:-
1. Ex-Showroom - Rs. 9,29,000/-
2. TCS - Rs. 9,290/-
3. Registration - Rs. 1,15,950/-
4. Insurance - Rs. 35,836/-
5. Road Side Assistance - Rs. 2,949/-
Grand Total - Rs. 10,93,025/-

No one in their senses will buy it at that price considering the following:-
1. Its a 2019 Model
2. Its a BS 4 Model
3. Whoever buys it will be 2nd Owner even if practically the bike has 0 Kms on the ODO.

Seems like the dream of getting a superbike won't be complete anymore considering the stupidity of the showroom.

If @dkaile Sir would like to help, I will be grateful.

Thanks and Regards
arghyajeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 14:14   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghyajeet View Post
Seems like the dream of getting a superbike won't be complete anymore considering the stupidity of the showroom.
Someone i know very closely got a similar bike last year in Delhi. The bike was registered on showroom name (mid-2019 registration) and had near zero ODO reading (around 20 kms). He paid 9.5 lacs for it. This was before the fire discounts that we saw towards the end of the year.

With this, you can estimate the best price considering different in road tax between Delhi and Kolkata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks