Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2019, 10:38   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

I suggest ditching the slip ons all together. One slip on to another is not going to make any difference. Whenever you do plan to change, go with a full system with an aftermarket air filter and a custom map. All one needs to enjoy spirited street riding.

Last edited by bigron : 31st July 2019 at 10:41.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 09:29   #227
BHPian

10,000 km up on my street triple RS in approximately 21 months. The bike still manages to put a huge smile on my face every time i take her for a ride. Absolutely no issues to report and very happy to say that she has been very very reliable. Triumph had introduced extended warranty for their bikes and i will be opting for it next month. Its around Rs. 26,500 for additional 2 years on the same terms as the original warranty.

The Supercorsa SP have been absolutely phenomenal and still have about 2000 km worth of life left. Will be switching to either Metzelers M7 or the Rosso Corsa 3. The front pads will need replacement as well in the next 1000km and will bbe going in for EBC pads. Was planning to upgrade the exhaust (from the current Arrow) to the unrestricted Akrapovic but the cops are causing some issues in NCR with after market exhaust, so dropping the plan.

Apart from the expenses related to the healthy diet of 97 octane fuel and 1 service, i have not had to spend a penny on her. I pray it stays this way .

Here she is, resting on a 200km round trip yesterday. Happy to answer queries, if there are any.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-rs.jpg

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 11:55   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post

The front pads will need replacement as well in the next 1000km and will bbe going in for EBC pads. Was planning to upgrade the exhaust (from the current Arrow) to the unrestricted Akrapovic but the cops are causing some issues in NCR with after market exhaust, so dropping the plan.

Apart from the expenses related to the healthy diet of 97 octane fuel and 1 service, i have not had to spend a penny on her. I pray it stays this way .

Cheers
Rohan
Rohan, I think you can stick with the stock OEM brake pads. This is based on some discussions that happened in the Street Triple whatsup group. Let me collect more details on this.

Regarding the exhaust, the stock exhaust itself is good for the aural sound. Of course there are better ones, but the OEM has been well designed to get a good balance between the performance, sound and the pollution.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 12:18   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Rohan, I think you can stick with the stock OEM brake pads. This is based on some discussions that happened in the Street Triple whatsup group. Let me collect more details on this.

Regarding the exhaust, the stock exhaust itself is good for the aural sound. Of course there are better ones, but the OEM has been well designed to get a good balance between the performance, sound and the pollution.
Sure thing. Will await your input on those. The pads are fantastic though.

I agree on the stock exhaust bit. I got the Arrow while purchasing the bike and have had it on the bike from Day 1. So dropped all plans of any upgrade and just sticking with the Arrow.

Edit: Got it mainly because its a wee bit louder post 6k rpm and wee bit lighter as well. And the alleged 2ps increase in power with the arrow map!

Last edited by RohanDheman : 10th October 2019 at 12:30.
Old 22nd October 2019, 12:24   #230
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,
I recently took a test ride of the Triumph Street Triple RS, and now I am able to understand the praise this bike has received from the the journo's and owners.
Despite the power it was so easy to manage, my daily ride is a Pulsar 200NS. Call me silly, but I found the ride quality of the RS a whole lot better than than the NS. I imagined it would be stiff and unforgiving but it was far from it.

The other thing that wowed me was the brakes, those Brembo M50's are stonkingly powerful. I had take the bike onto triple digit speeds and the brakes blew me away. I have been actively thinking of the getting a naked bike and the RS has been clawing away at me ever since.

The major stumbling block is the price, INR 13.3L OTR, the SA has offered me a 1L cash discount and I am sure I can bring the price down to 12-12.1L, still that is a substantial chunk. The Kawasaki Z900 can be had for 10L and the GSX-S750 for 8.9L these are significantly cheaper than the RS, I understand that the RS has top shelf components in the form of fully adjustable front forks, Ohlins rear and the Brembo M50. I am a fairly sedate rider, and I will not be able to extract the full potential of the RS that is why I am in a quandary.

Let's see how this unfolds, I will be taking a ride on the Z900 and the GSX-S750 this week.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 12:45   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello all,
I recently took a test ride of the Triumph Street Triple RS, and now I am able to understand the praise this bike has received from the the journo's and owners.
Despite the power it was so easy to manage, my daily ride is a Pulsar 200NS. Call me silly, but I found the ride quality of the RS a whole lot better than than the NS. I imagined it would be stiff and unforgiving but it was far from it.

The other thing that wowed me was the brakes, those Brembo M50's are stonkingly powerful. I had take the bike onto triple digit speeds and the brakes blew me away. I have been actively thinking of the getting a naked bike and the RS has been clawing away at me ever since.

Let's see how this unfolds, I will be taking a ride on the Z900 and the GSX-S750 this week.
Mate, no offence, but I think jumping from a 200NS to a Striple may not be the right upgrade from a biker lifecycle view.

I would suggest you get into the 390 segment for some days. The monsters may make you feel completely comfortable, with their capabilities but our reflexes just can jump to the levels which these bikes require.

Ride safe!
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 13:33   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Mate, no offence, but I think jumping from a 200NS to a Striple may not be the right upgrade from a biker lifecycle view.

I would suggest you get into the 390 segment for some days. The monsters may make you feel completely comfortable, with their capabilities but our reflexes just can jump to the levels which these bikes require.

Ride safe!
I disagree brother. I moved from a jawa twin cylinder to a versys 650.

Striple is a good jump up from whatever he is riding. He has a couple of ownership reports already and comes across as a mature guy on the street.

Mental Maturity is far more important than which bike you upgrade from. This advice works best for someone in their early 20's.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 13:52   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post

Ride safe!
None taken, I have access to the Duke 390 and have put several hundreds of KMS on it. I did have that bike in my mind, but I am really keen for a multi cylinder bike. I've also discounted the Kawasaki 650 range from my radar as they do nothing for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I disagree brother. I moved from a jawa twin cylinder to a versys 650.

Striple is a good jump up from whatever he is riding. He has a couple of ownership reports already and comes across as a mature guy on the street.

Mental Maturity is far more important than which bike you upgrade from. This advice works best for someone in their early 20's.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Finally someone called me mature Jokes apart, I am on the wrong side of 40 and I understand the perils of reckless riding/driving. I do have a firm control over my right wrist and foot.

Getting my dream bike seems like a now or never decision, so I want to get a bike that will keep me entertained.

I am also looking at the used bike route and can see a few deals on Z900 and the RS too. The RS is advertised at 9.5L and the Z900's are from 8 to 9L.
Old 22nd October 2019, 14:02   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am also looking at the used bike route and can see a few deals on Z900 and the RS too. The RS is advertised at 9.5L and the Z900's are from 8 to 9L.
If you have cash, just go the used route. You should be able to land a pretty good deal. There are a few groups on Facebook which have members who post.

I think you will be happier with the striple RS with all the factory accessories. Z's are very heavy.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 14:03   #235
BHPian

Just a small update: I got the warranty extended for my RS by 2 years. Had to pay INR 28633 for this and you get a global unlimited kilometers warranty over and above the standard 2 year warranty.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 16:02   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
If you have cash, just go the used route. You should be able to land a pretty good deal. There are a few groups on Facebook which have members who post.

I think you will be happier with the striple RS with all the factory accessories. Z's are very heavy.
Yes, I am leaning towards the RS as it's got all that I desire in a bike. I saw one bike listed on OLX in Mumbai, quoting 9.5L will get in touch with owner. Will post the updates here.
Old 23rd October 2019, 02:49   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I am leaning towards the RS as it's got all that I desire in a bike. I saw one bike listed on OLX in Mumbai, quoting 9.5L will get in touch with owner. Will post the updates here.
Go for it, i presume if you need a naked, this is the most complete bike in pretty much every aspect you can buy in India for now.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 11:12   #238
BHPian

Small update on the tires

The Supercorsa SP lasted a wonderful 10,600 km and were changed this Saturday. Initially i had thoughts about going for either the Metzelers M7RR or the Pirelli Rosso Corsa 3.

Another friend who rides a RS had recently changed to Metzeler Roadtec 1. Given that we ride mostly on straight roads with next to no twisties around, this tyre suddenly started making a lot of sense. I know this may not be the best choice of this bike.

But after a 20km ride on his bike, i too have switched to the Metzeler Roadtec 1. Almost all of my Sunday morning rides are on the highway, so a sport touring tyre started making a lot more sense to me. In the chemical november rain of Delhi yesterday morning they gripped absolutely brilliantly.

I do really want to take the bike to the track but the costs are getting prohibitively expensive for a track day . If and when i do muster up the courage, i will keep a set of good track tires on the side and continue to use these on the road- which in any case is 95% of the time.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 12:41   #239
BHPian

Rohan,

I think switching to a sport-touring setup makes perfect sense. I'm sure they would provide a good blend of grip.

Could you share some pictures of the tire?

Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 12:34   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Rohan,

I think switching to a sport-touring setup makes perfect sense. I'm sure they would provide a good blend of grip.

Could you share some pictures of the tire?

Thanks
Did not click any pictures but sharing screen shots of the couple of pictures that the store uploaded on their Instagram.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-front01.jpg

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-rear01.jpg
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks