Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2019, 15:19   #241
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Another friend who rides a RS had recently changed to Metzeler Roadtec 1. Given that we ride mostly on straight roads with next to no twisties around, this tyre suddenly started making a lot of sense. I know this may not be the best choice of this bike.

But after a 20km ride on his bike, i too have switched to the Metzeler Roadtec 1. Almost all of my Sunday morning rides are on the highway, so a sport touring tyre started making a lot more sense to me.
Wise decision.

In case the friend you have mentioned about happens to be Peyush, I got the tyres changed on my Tiger the same day Peyush got the Roadtec 1's for his Street Triple RS. I recall having a detailed discussion with him regarding the choice of tyres. Given the highways around Delhi, most of our running is on straight roads and hence it completely makes sense to get touring oriented tyres over outright corner carvers unless you are into trackdays.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 15:29   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wise decision.

In case the friend you have mentioned about happens to be Peyush, I got the tyres changed on my Tiger the same day Peyush got the Roadtec 1's for his Street Triple RS. I recall having a detailed discussion with him regarding the choice of tyres. Given the highways around Delhi, most of our running is on straight roads and hence it completely makes sense to get touring oriented tyres over outright corner carvers unless you are into trackdays.
Yup, it is indeed him. He is a good friend and we ride together on most weekends. He tours a lot more than i do so i trusted him with the choice of tires. One ride on his bike was enough to convince me to go ahead.

Absolutely agree with you that given the surroundings here, a sport touring tire made the most sense. As when i do start taking her to the track (wont be more than once or twice a year in any case), i can invest in a set of good track tires.

Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 5th November 2019 at 15:31. Reason: spelling
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 12:39   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Just a small update: I got the warranty extended for my RS by 2 years. Had to pay INR 28633 for this and you get a global unlimited kilometers warranty over and above the standard 2 year warranty.
Interesting, I didn't know they are offering extended warranties, I might get one for my RS as well.

Is there a timeline for the purchase? I got my RS in March 2018.

Thank you.
Old 20th November 2019, 13:07   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Is there a timeline for the purchase? I got my RS in March 2018.

Thank you.
Hi, you can pick it up within 2 years from your purchase. Mine is a December 2017 so wanted to pick it up as soon as i had some spare cash.
Old 21st November 2019, 12:30   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, you can pick it up within 2 years from your purchase. Mine is a December 2017 so wanted to pick it up as soon as i had some spare cash.
Rohan have you had need for the warranty yet? If you were to De-Cat your exhaust and/or change the system would the entire warranty be void or just for the exhaust? The local dealer is quite cagey about this kind of information and insists that only official Triumph accessories are permitted.
Old 21st November 2019, 18:45   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Rohan have you had need for the warranty yet? If you were to De-Cat your exhaust and/or change the system would the entire warranty be void or just for the exhaust? The local dealer is quite cagey about this kind of information and insists that only official Triumph accessories are permitted.

Hi haven't had the need for the warranty yet. only the left side switchgear was changed but that was a part of a recall.

Since I plan to keep the bike for a fair bit I wanted the peace of mind. It's got a fair bit of complex electronics so I just wanted to be a bit more at peace.

De-cat would void the warranty for the engine and allied components as per the dealer here. I have the official Arrow exhaust and I am sticking with it.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:08   #247

Hi Rohan, your bike looks mouth watering to say the least.
I 've been eagerly eyeing this bike for a quite sometime now. Currently own a Z250 (which I hope I'll be able to continue owning and running after purchasing another bike). I was wondering if you could detail the amount you've spent on running your RS (pads, services, wear/tear parts, anything really). It would be of massive help to me in gauging how expensive it gets to maintain. My recent service in Kawasaki cost me Rs. 17,000 (odo read 16K kms), so was wondering the ballpark for the RS.
vinaytrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 18:10   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaytrk View Post
I 've been eagerly eyeing this bike for a quite sometime now. Currently own a Z250 (which I hope I'll be able to continue owning and running after purchasing another bike). I was wondering if you could detail the amount you've spent on running your RS (pads, services, wear/tear parts, anything really). It would be of massive help to me in gauging how expensive it gets to maintain. My recent service in Kawasaki cost me Rs. 17,000 (odo read 16K kms), so was wondering the ballpark for the RS.
Hi, the service costs and other running expenses are as below (i have listed the accessory amounts elsewhere on the thread).

1. 1st inspection service at 1000 km in January 2018 was free (negotiated as part of the deal)

2. 2nd service at 6000 km in January 2019 was for 9700.

3. 3rd service at 11000 km in January 2020 was for 11000 (increase due to slight increase in cost of oil and service charges). I did this service at Triumph because i have the extended warranty till December 2021. A friend who did not opt for this had his bike serviced at an independent garage spent around 8000 for the service.

Both these services were basic services with just oil and all filter changes along with other basic works. Next service may be a bit expensive as they are likely to check for (and adjust, if necessary) the valve clearance.

Apart from this, in November 2019 i changed the tyres to Metzelers Roadtec 01 that costed me 29,000 for the set (inclusive of fitment).

The front brake pads would require a change in about 1500-2000 km and a set of EBC HH pads would cost around 7000. The chain set is good for another 6-7 km and given my riding the change should be in about 15 months from now and cost around 20000.

Hope this gives you (and the others) a fair idea.

Cheers
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 21st February 2020 at 18:11. Reason: typo
RohanDheman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 19:16   #249
BHPian

Small updates

Replaced the Puig frame sliders i had with the OEM ones. Had always loved the design and integration of the OEM ones. In March there was a sale at Triumph so picked these up. Finally got to installing them today.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1591451131.247373.jpg

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1591451147.149025.jpg

Another small update is that the arrow exhaust I had has been picked up by a friend and I am getting something new and louder for her! Slovenian grin

Cheers and ride safe!
Rohan

Last edited by ajmat : 6th June 2020 at 20:18.
RohanDheman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 21:19   #250
BHPian

Quote:

The front brake pads would require a change in about 1500-2000 km and a set of EBC HH pads would cost around 7000. The chain set is good for another 6-7 km and given my riding the change should be in about 15 months from now and cost around 20000.

Hope this gives you (and the others) a fair idea.

Cheers
Rohan
Rohan, The chain set on Street Triple used to last for at least a minimum of 30000 kms if maintained properly. For one of the owners, it is still going good even after 39000 kms. In your case, why do you see the need to replace in another 7k kms ?

Last edited by shan_ned : 6th June 2020 at 21:31.
Old 6th June 2020, 21:27   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Rohan, The chain set on Street Triple used to last for at least a minimum of 30000 kms if maintained properly. For one of the owners, it still going good even after 39000 kms. In your case, why do you see the need to replace in another 7k kms ?

Wasn't really aware that it would last that long.

I do clean it every 300-400km and lube it properly as well. I was reading a while back and read that there is no harm in changing it every 18-20,000km. That's the figure I had in mind for myself. Of course, the actual change will be based on the condition of the chain but I was mentally prepared for a change at the above mark and hence the expense was planned.

Likewise for brake pads. I thought they would be needing a change around the 10-11000km mark but i had opened the calipers to clean them yesterday and found the the thickness of the pads was good and after cleaning the results were amazing. Even though i ended up purchasing the EBC pads, as of now, I don't see a change happening before 2-3000km of riding.

Also as I type this, I think I am a bit paranoid when it comes to maintenance and generally plan ahead, at least for the stuff I know will need a change.

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 21:40   #252
BHPian

Good to know that you are taking proper care of the chain set and the bike as a whole. Apart from the regular chain clean/lube, if you ensure that the chain tension is properly adjusted without overtightening, it should last for more kms.

On the contrary, Brembo brake pads last for 11000 to 12000 kms. In my case, it is still doing good for 16000 kms. Good to hear that the brake pads are good in your case as well.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 22:47   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaytrk View Post
Hi.. wow! The 17k really caught my attention. Can you please elaborate on the work done in your 16k service ?
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 10:35   #254
BHPian

And it's here. The beautiful Akrapovic for Betty

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592283885.139542.jpg

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592283903.171589.jpg

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:59   #255
BHPian

The Akra looks lovely! Does it sound better than the Arrow?

Where did you source it from and what did it cost?

How are the Metzelers holding up? Any feedback

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks