Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 5th November 2019, 15:19   #241
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Another friend who rides a RS had recently changed to Metzeler Roadtec 1. Given that we ride mostly on straight roads with next to no twisties around, this tyre suddenly started making a lot of sense. I know this may not be the best choice of this bike.

But after a 20km ride on his bike, i too have switched to the Metzeler Roadtec 1. Almost all of my Sunday morning rides are on the highway, so a sport touring tyre started making a lot more sense to me.
Wise decision.

In case the friend you have mentioned about happens to be Peyush, I got the tyres changed on my Tiger the same day Peyush got the Roadtec 1's for his Street Triple RS. I recall having a detailed discussion with him regarding the choice of tyres. Given the highways around Delhi, most of our running is on straight roads and hence it completely makes sense to get touring oriented tyres over outright corner carvers unless you are into trackdays.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 15:29   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wise decision.

In case the friend you have mentioned about happens to be Peyush, I got the tyres changed on my Tiger the same day Peyush got the Roadtec 1's for his Street Triple RS. I recall having a detailed discussion with him regarding the choice of tyres. Given the highways around Delhi, most of our running is on straight roads and hence it completely makes sense to get touring oriented tyres over outright corner carvers unless you are into trackdays.
Yup, it is indeed him. He is a good friend and we ride together on most weekends. He tours a lot more than i do so i trusted him with the choice of tires. One ride on his bike was enough to convince me to go ahead.

Absolutely agree with you that given the surroundings here, a sport touring tire made the most sense. As when i do start taking her to the track (wont be more than once or twice a year in any case), i can invest in a set of good track tires.

Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 5th November 2019 at 15:31. Reason: spelling
RohanDheman is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2019, 12:39   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Just a small update: I got the warranty extended for my RS by 2 years. Had to pay INR 28633 for this and you get a global unlimited kilometers warranty over and above the standard 2 year warranty.
Interesting, I didn't know they are offering extended warranties, I might get one for my RS as well.

Is there a timeline for the purchase? I got my RS in March 2018.

Thank you.
sweetvar26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2019, 13:07   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Is there a timeline for the purchase? I got my RS in March 2018.

Thank you.
Hi, you can pick it up within 2 years from your purchase. Mine is a December 2017 so wanted to pick it up as soon as i had some spare cash.
RohanDheman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2019, 12:30   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, you can pick it up within 2 years from your purchase. Mine is a December 2017 so wanted to pick it up as soon as i had some spare cash.
Rohan have you had need for the warranty yet? If you were to De-Cat your exhaust and/or change the system would the entire warranty be void or just for the exhaust? The local dealer is quite cagey about this kind of information and insists that only official Triumph accessories are permitted.
imp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2019, 18:45   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Rohan have you had need for the warranty yet? If you were to De-Cat your exhaust and/or change the system would the entire warranty be void or just for the exhaust? The local dealer is quite cagey about this kind of information and insists that only official Triumph accessories are permitted.

Hi haven't had the need for the warranty yet. only the left side switchgear was changed but that was a part of a recall.

Since I plan to keep the bike for a fair bit I wanted the peace of mind. It's got a fair bit of complex electronics so I just wanted to be a bit more at peace.

De-cat would void the warranty for the engine and allied components as per the dealer here. I have the official Arrow exhaust and I am sticking with it.
RohanDheman is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote