Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2020, 12:44   #256
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
The Akra looks lovely! Does it sound better than the Arrow?

Where did you source it from and what did it cost?

How are the Metzelers holding up? Any feedback
Thank you! It is miles better than the Arrow. Has a nice deep growl to it.

Uploaded a short clip to Youtube. This is with the baffle in. I had removed the baffle but it was just too loud so the baffle is back in.

I sourced it from bikegear.in; absolutely brilliant service. Costed me around 60,000 for it.

The Metzelers have been very good too. Loads of grip in the dry and in the wet too. Have only done about 2000km on them so far but happy with the choice.

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:16   #257
BHPian

Sounds brilliant ! Are you supposed to re-map the ECU post installation (as per Akrapovic) or is it plug and play?
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:21   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Sounds brilliant ! Are you supposed to re-map the ECU post installation (as per Akrapovic) or is it plug and play?
Simple plug and play. No remapping recommended by Akrapovic. Since it retains the cat and only removes the collector box, no further changes required. Did ride her this sunday and did not feel any loss of power at lower rpms. On the contrary (and this could just be a placebo effect) felt her pulling a lit more cleanly and strongly
RohanDheman is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 22:15   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Simple plug and play. No remapping recommended by Akrapovic. Since it retains the cat and only removes the collector box, no further changes required. Did ride her this sunday and did not feel any loss of power at lower rpms. On the contrary (and this could just be a placebo effect) felt her pulling a lit more cleanly and strongly
Rohan, I think the one you got replaces the end muffler only. Both the catalytic converter (mid pipe) and the collector box is a single unit. Please correct me if I am wrong. Got confused when you said that the collector box is removed as part of installing the exhaust. So can you please clarify ?
Old 24th June 2020, 06:28   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Rohan, I think the one you got replaces the end muffler only. Both the catalytic converter (mid pipe) and the collector box is a single unit. Please correct me if I am wrong. Got confused when you said that the collector box is removed as part of installing the exhaust. So can you please clarify ?

Hi, on the RS, for the stock exhaust and the homologated ones, the end muffler and the collector box are one unit which bolt on to the back of the catalytic converter. On the 765, the header pipes and the catalytic converter are one unit.

Please see the exploded view of the exhaust from the service manual. The green highlighted part bolts on the catalytic converter and the rest of the unit is a single piece.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592959680.405536.jpg

Again from the service manual you can see the positioning of the catalytic converter and the oxygen sensor

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1592960266.959978.jpg

Akrapovic makes two exhausts for the 765 Street Triple. One which retains the collector box like the stock system and is homologated. The other replaces the the collector box with a pipe and the end can bolts on to this pipe. This is the one that i have installed. In both the exhausts (for that matter on any exhaust on the market for the 765) as the catalytic converter is retained, there is no additional requirement for having the ECU tuned or adding a fueling module. It's only if you get the full system that you would need the module.

Hope this helps
Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 10:40   #261
BHPian

15,000km and 3 year update

The bike has completed 3 years with me and done 15,400km as of this post. Could only manage to do about 4000km this last year due to COVID but still happy that she was not sitting idle at home.

Absolutely nothing to report and she continues to perform flawlessly.

The annual service was carried out this Saturday at the triumph dealership in NCR and costed 10,800 inclusive of taxes. This seems reasonable to me to have the bike serviced at the dealership and I plan to continue with this. The service included the usual oil and air filter change, throttle bodies cleaning, chain adjust and a nice wash (which was made a mess of the very next day!). The next service will cost more since the valve clearance needs to be checked for and adjusted.

There was a recall for the front Brembo pads and since they were in stock, they were changed too.

Here is a parting shot of Betty! She is a keeper and perfect for my style of riding and I do intend to keep her with me for a long long time!

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-7c797a4558a140fd88a95cf4dfb3ecf2.jpg

Happy safe riding everyone!
Cheers!
Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 20:07   #262
BHPian

Quote:
15,000km and 3 year update

The bike has completed 3 years with me and done 15,400km as of this post.
Absolutely nothing to report and she continues to perform flawlessly.
Congrats Rohan on completing 3 years. Great to know that no issues to report of. It gives confidence to newbie SBK owner like me

My scheduled service is at 10K kms now having done the checkup at 1K kms. Would you advise me to make a visit to service centre for getting the chain slack checked/adjusted at, lets say, between 5K-6K kms on odo?
abhi_tjet is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 10:01   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Congrats Rohan on completing 3 years. Great to know that no issues to report of. It gives confidence to newbie SBK owner like me

My scheduled service is at 10K kms now having done the checkup at 1K kms. Would you advise me to make a visit to service centre for getting the chain slack checked/adjusted at, lets say, between 5K-6K kms on odo?
Hi Abhi- if you can manage it at home, then nothing like it. I usually do it at home between services with the help of a friend. The stand alone charges at triumph for a simple chain adjustment would be steep.

Since you are based out of Pune and there are some really good workshops there, would recommend if you can take your bike there for small things like chain adjustment and cleaning the air filter (which is a pain at home since you need to remove the fuel hoses for it).

Cheers!
Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 10:29   #264
BHPian

Updates for Betty!

Betty has now completed 3.5 years with me and due to COVID has only done about 1000 km in the last 6 months. To keep things fresh, did some updates for Betty over these last 5 months- some cosmetic, some functional.

1. Hydro-dipped parts in carbon. These were all done at a friends workshop in Noida and costed me 7k for all parts. Finish is excellent. I wanted genuine carbon parts for the bike but the shipping cost and duty made me come to my senses and take the cheap way out. The heel guards have some scratches on them now due to the riding shoes rubbing against them, so i will pick up the carbon fiber ones when i travel to Europe next.

The front fender

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_0631.jpg

The heel guards (The bike was on stock exhaust for a short bit- back to Akra now)

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_0633.jpg

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_0634.jpg

The rear hugger and chain guard were also done in carbon. The original matt plastic finish had made these an absolute nightmare to clean.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_0635.jpg

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_0636.jpg

2. Pyramid Plastics Fenda Extenda- Front and Rear

More functional than for aesthetics but these should make riding in the rain a wee bit better. Costed approximately 6300 with shipping and thankfully zero duty. I ordered directly from the company website and they came in 6 weeks.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_1174.jpg

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_1175.jpg

3. Luimoto Seat Cover and other things
The OE seat cover was showing signs of age so replaced it with this super super sexy Luimoto seat cover. Have not opted for the gel inserts yet but can be done at anytime. Should make the long rides more comfortable. Costed 13,600 and i got it done from DirtStreet in Delhi who are the official distributors.

While i was there, also got the following work done:

-Domino grips (A250) as the OE grips were old
- Grip Puppies over the grips since i wanted something more comfortable. Age is surely catching up!
- replaced the stock air filter with MWR air filter

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_1193.jpg

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img_1194.jpg

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-243d840ba6724a2da403a35df87594c5.jpg

I am super happy with how all the subtle (?) additions have come together and how over these years i have done whatever little i can to personalize her to be truly mine.

Happy Riding and Ride Safe!
Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 11:03   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Hydro-dipped parts in carbon. These were all done at a friends workshop in Noida and costed me 7k for all parts.
Hi Rohan, The RS looks extra sharp with all the mods you have done. Happy riding.

The hydro dipping looks very solid and professionally done. It definitely stands out and makes the bike look snazzy.

May I shamelessly ask if you are ok to share the name of the Noida workshop. I have some detailing work that I need to do on my bikes, and would love to try out your friend's place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
CWould you advise me to make a visit to service centre for getting the chain slack checked/adjusted at, lets say, between 5K-6K kms on odo?
@ Abhi

+1 to what Rohan says. I had done something similar to you. Took my 1st bike, the Ninja to get the chain checked at the dealer service. Got hit with a Rs 10k bill. Chain was perfectly ok, but the dealership charged me for labor, miscellaneous and GST.

If your bike has only gone 6k km, chain should be ok. For mental peace, just have a FNG check the slack and the sprocket. Ask them to clean the chain and apply chain lube.

Last edited by no_fear : 18th June 2021 at 11:26.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 11:24   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
May I shamelessly ask if you are ok to share the name of the Noida workshop. I have some detailing work that I need to do on my bikes, and would love to try out your friend's place.
This was at 3M Noida- the owner also has the business of hydro-dipping.

Sharing his location for benefit of others:
https://g.page/3MNoida?share

There is also a dedicated thread in the directory. I have got cars detailed and PPF done from him but never the bike (just the occasional wash which has always been excellent.

Cheers, Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 11:49   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Rohan, I absolutely loved all your changes to the RS.

Quote:
1. Hydro-dipped parts in carbon. These were all done at a friends workshop in Noida and costed me 7k for all parts. Finish is excellent. I wanted genuine carbon parts for the bike but the shipping cost and duty made me come to my senses and take the cheap way out. The heel guards have some scratches on them now due to the riding shoes rubbing against them, so i will pick up the carbon fiber ones when i travel to Europe next.
I am aware that there are some vendors who are in the process of setting up production of premium quality Indian manufactured carbon fiber parts. Hopefully they will be available in the next few months and you will can get the heel guards at affordable prices in India.

Im eagerly waiting for these affordable home brewed carbon fiber parts to add to both my bikes.

Quote:
2. Pyramid Plastics Fenda Extenda- Front and Rear

More functional than for aesthetics but these should make riding in the rain a wee bit better. Costed approximately 6300 with shipping and thankfully zero duty. I ordered directly from the company website and they came in 6 weeks.
Any reason why you didnt get them from their India dealers? I wanted one for the front and got it from Custom Elements. It works wonderfully well and cut down all the dirt that was getting thrown up by the front tire. Now that you mentioned that there is a rear one as well, I will probably get that for my bike and reduce the splatter of muck and slush.

Quote:
3. Luimoto Seat Cover and other things
The OE seat cover was showing signs of age so replaced it with this super super sexy Luimoto seat cover. Have not opted for the gel inserts yet but can be done at anytime. Should make the long rides more comfortable. Costed 13,600 and i got it done from DirtStreet in Delhi who are the official distributors.
Didnt know that they were available in India! How much time do they need to install the seat covers? Any idea on cost with the gel inserts? Do share feedback on this as you clock more miles.

Quote:
While i was there, also got the following work done:

-Domino grips (A250) as the OE grips were old
- Grip Puppies over the grips since i wanted something more comfortable. Age is surely catching up!
- replaced the stock air filter with MWR air filter
Ive got Grip Puppies on my list as well. I need to pick them up now that stores are reopening.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 12:02   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Any reason why you didnt get them from their India dealers?
The only reason was that there was no option of the rear extender on Custom Element's website. I wanted to install them both together. The price with shipping seemed reasonable so I ended up ordering directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Didnt know that they were available in India! How much time do they need to install the seat covers? Any idea on cost with the gel inserts? Do share feedback on this as you clock more miles.
Yeah even I was surprised. The covers were made and imported in April but due to lockdown, I could only have them installed last week. The gel inserts would be an additional 8-9k. I held them in my hand and my god they felt amazing. I will give it at least 1500km to see if I really need them. About 200km done since installation and there is a definite improvement in comfort and grip (I didn't slide at all with my riding jeans)

Fitting takes about 20 minutes at the most. You can courier your seat to them and they can install and courier it back.

For everyone's benefit, sharing the number of Dirtstreet: 9818548821 and their website is dirtstreet.in

Cheers, Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 10:38   #269
BHPian

And the first major issue and its resolution to report is here!

I had not been riding the bike all of July (due to spending time at our house in Shimla and then it raining the 2 Sundays I was here) and she was parked at home under cover. Upon return, I fired her up and the screen flickered a couple of times and then just went completely dead! Switch the ignition on, I could hear the fuel pump prime but nothing on the screen and no crank- zilch- nada. Opened the bike up to check all connections, battery etc. (I am on OEM Yuasa battery- second one) and everything was ok. Put in a different battery also and the screen just refused to come on and it meant that the bike was dead.

Had the bike towed to Triumph in Gurgaon and shared all videos with them of the issue. Apparently it is a known issue that the screen from the first lot can go bad so they immediately put in a warranty claim (I have the extended warranty till December 2021) and ordered the screen to come from Triumph UK. The part took about 25 days to come and the bike was delivered to me last weekend. Happy to report that she rides just as well but that 25k spent on warranty have paid for itself as the screen replacement cost is approximately 90k!

They did some work with the technical team with the factory in UK and apparently this is due to the battery losing charge after prolonged non-use. Truth be told, this was the first time that the bike was not even started for that long.

I have been asked to make sure that I start and ride the the bike once at least every week and if I am going to leave her un-used for a long time, to get a battery tether.

I will start my search for one and would love to have about your recommendations for the same. Thank you!

Also, the Samco hoses are here and I will be putting them on soon.

Cheers and Ride Safe!
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 8th September 2021 at 11:05. Reason: Typo
RohanDheman is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 09:14   #270
BHPian

And she is gone!

After a brilliant almost 4 years and 18200km, finally bid adieu to my 765RS (Betty). Barring the one hiccup reported above, she was absolutely flawless in performance and gave me a lot of very very happy memories. No doubt I will miss her a lot but this had to be done to upgrade to something bigger and better and hopefully just as easy to maintain and ride! I do not yet know what it would be as the mind is all over the place but I will update the relevant thread when I do book something.

A parting short of Betty
(She is on stock exhaust now- the Akrapovic was also given to the new owner)

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-img2295.jpg

Cheers and Ride Safe
Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed