Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 10:21   #76
BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
I wonder if they are any effective after market wind deflectors. Anyone?
Any luck with finding an effective after market screen? Been searching and have not come across anything so far!

Rohan
Old 7th February 2018, 11:29   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Any luck with finding an effective after market screen? Been searching and have not come across anything so far!

Rohan
No luck at all. So status is still "Gone with the Wind"!
Coupled with light weight things can get quite hairy beyond certain speeds.My earlier bike had a Puig wind deflector which was quite effective, but if I recall correctly even before I had that installed the wind blast was not this bad.

Off this topic, the bike handles like a dream. The long straight highways to the hills are getting very boring now.
Old 7th February 2018, 20:15   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rohan
The Speed triple visor is all we have that looks neat. Puig is very tall, looks ugly, but heard is effective. Power bronze is in between, but priced high. Heard the OE will help shorter riders. Planning to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Off this topic, the bike handles like a dream. The long straight highways to the hills are getting very boring now.
Agree 100%. On the twisties, offers wonderful confidence to get lower. I rode with a bunch of big Harleys last week. I am not an experienced rider, but was able to hug most corners with ease. So much more flick-able than my FZ6R.

On the freeway, the wind kills. After 60mph, I was basically hanging on for my dear life.
Old 12th February 2018, 14:46   #79
BHPian

Had an opportunity to do a relatively long TR involving both highway and city riding. Before I write down any details, I can say that people who do TR of the RS will either fall in mad love or completely get surprised by what this little machine can do. I think most of the details are already captured by some of the posts in this thread, but still I like to share my own experience.

Seat height - Slightly on the higher side compared to S. Initially I thought that it would be uncomfortable even to do tip toeing, but that wasn't the case while doing the TR. For my height, it was very much comfortable and felt at home.

Engine smoothness - I was completely taken back by how smooth the engine was. I felt as though one could coast or cruise in the first gear itself and that was the level of refinement the engine offered. Of course, I felt minor vibes at the handle bar when I crossed 8000 RPM in the 2nd/3rd gear. It was only after the Test Ride I came to know that the bike was still under running-in period (around 300 kms on the odo).

Engine performance in the low/midrange end - Low end torque is good for a bike like RS. I could do 50 kmph in 6th gear without lugging. From 50 to 80 kmph in-gear acceleration (in 6th gear) is as good as my Ninja 650 or even better than that. After 80 kmph, it pulls brilliantly. In terms of engine RPM, 3000 to 4000 RPM has good torque even for the the 6th gear. From 4000 RPM to 6000 RPM, it pulls hard (but not madly). It is after 6000 RPM, it slowly starts showing what the bike is. Forget about touching 8000 RPM in the 6th gear as one will not have road to deal with the deadly combination of high speed (around 160 kmph) and brutal acceleration. At least I neither have the skill nor the courage to take the bike beyond 8000 RPM. This is all happening in the 6th gear. So one can imagine what the acceleration (above 8000 RPM) will be in lower gears. Of course I tried to do that in 3rd gear for a brief moment, but it was a nightmare for me to deal with the beast of an acceleration. It must be noted that the TR was done with the riding mode set to street mode.

I will leave it to others to say some thing about its top end performance.

Suspension - Many have concerns about the suspension stiffness, but I had no issues for my weight. I weigh around 100 kgs and the suspension was apt for my weight. It was neither stiff nor soft for my weight and so I was comfortable on the bike. All the road undulations did not unsettle the bike. On a couple of bridges that I crossed, there were big undulations and the bike glided over them without getting unsettled. I think my weight was the main factor for the suspension not to be so stiff. My friend (weighing around 80 kgs) rode the RS in the return leg and found the suspension to be stiff.
In the past, I had ridden the S model and felt it to be more softer.
I can safely conclude that the default suspension setting is best suited for spirited riding on smooth roads for the riders who weigh between 70 and 80 kgs. Of course they may feel some stiffness with our road conditions in India. For people like me weighing around 3 digits, the default suspension setting is sufficient enough to do decent high speed riding with added comfort.

Having said that, we changed the suspension setting to comfort mode (without changing the pre-load), but I could see the ride quality becoming slightly softer. With this comfort setting, we did a short TR only on the city roads and not on the highway. So I cannot comment fully on how soft the suspension is with the comfort setting. Probably a back to back TR with S would have cleared our doubts, but I never had issues even with the default settings.

I found the feedback from the suspension/tyres was so good that I could feel the tar laid on the road. I could feel even small undulations, but it never made the bike uncomfortable to ride.

Brakes - An average rider like me can feel 200% confident. Just one finger is enough to apply enough brake pressure to stop the bike. I would say the brakes as the MOST BRILLIANT component in RS. From being a Ninja 650 rider, I cannot not stop appreciating how great the brakes are. Brilliant !!!

Wind blast/drag - Very difficult to encounter the wind as you cross 120 kmph on this bike. I had to literally hold on to the bike by hugging the fuel tank tightly with my legs and rest my chest on the fuel tank. Having a good windscreen is the NEED for this bike.

Intake growl - I like to keep this as a separate para just to describe the beauty of it. I was thrilled with the intake growl of S. With RS, the intake growl has few more decibels added to it. Above 6000 RPM, the intake growl becomes so loud/bassy that it can potentially damage your ears in long run. For potential buyers, it is best to get good helmets which can reduce the noise or start using the ear plugs. It is all FUN to hear the intake growl. In other words, STREET TRIPLE 765 DEFINES ITSELF PURELY BY ITS INTAKE GROWL.

Last edited by shan_ned : 12th February 2018 at 14:59.
shan_ned is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 14:37   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Any luck with finding an effective aftermarket screen? Been searching and have not come across anything so far!

Rohan
Guess these Speed Triple RS screens by Puig seem good. But I am not sure if they would fit the Street Triple RS.

They look good and are not too tall. They cost about 145$ on eBay.

I'll be looking into these once I finish running-in my RS.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-sl1000.jpg  

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-sl1600.jpg  

Last edited by Crankpin : 13th February 2018 at 14:40.
Old 14th February 2018, 09:16   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Had an opportunity to do a relatively long TR involving both highway and city riding.
So whats the verdict? Picking it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
It is all FUN to hear the intake growl. In other words, STREET TRIPLE 765 DEFINES ITSELF PURELY BY ITS INTAKE GROWL.
Saw one in the office campus yesterday, and was thinking the same. It sounded rather different when accelerating, as compared to the normal Street Triple.

Not sure if I like it yet or not, yet, but sounded more raw as compared to the regular version.
Old 14th February 2018, 09:32   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Saw one in the office campus yesterday, and was thinking the same. It sounded rather different when accelerating, as compared to the normal Street Triple. Not sure if I like it yet or not, yet, but sounded more raw as compared to the regular version.
I'm not a fan of naked bikes and hardly any bike from those categories ever excited me but, was quite enamored with the RS and felt really exciting to ride. If I need to own this then would have to shrink my size to accommodate myself on the bike

I have a couple of videos of my test run on the bike, if interested can share it offline so you can hear the lovely exhaust note while on a quick run

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th February 2018 at 09:34.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 12:51   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Guess these Speed Triple RS screens by Puig seem good. But I am not sure if they would fit the Street Triple RS.

They look good and are not too tall. They cost about 145$ on eBay.

I'll be looking into these once I finish running-in my RS.
This is what i had been looking at as well. To the naked eye, the visor of the Speed Triple and the Street Triple RS looks identical. But i am unable to find any reviews before taking the plunge- it is an expensive add on and in all honestly, does not look the best.

For everyone's benefit, posting the link to Puig's website for available products for RS

https://puig.tv/en/bybike/triumph_street-triple-rs_2018

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 13:04   #84
BHPian

I agree can’t be too sure if it can fit. I’ll ask my showroom guys if they could help.
Old 14th February 2018, 13:05   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So whats the verdict? Picking it up?

Saw one in the office campus yesterday, and was thinking the same. It sounded rather different when accelerating, as compared to the normal Street Triple.

Not sure if I like it yet or not, yet, but sounded more raw as compared to the regular version.
Yes, I am picking it up

Regarding the exhaust note, I personally cannot comment on the differences between the S (or the Old STriple) and the RS. I have no idea about it, but I heard from the reviews that the RS exhaust note is slightly more beefier.

In my post, I was referring to the intake growl which is certainly more bassy/loud compared to S. As the rev climbs, the intake growl hits you hard on your face. Even the S has superb intake growl, but the one in RS has more kick.
shan_ned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 03:52   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
I agree can’t be too sure if it can fit. I’ll ask my showroom guys if they could help.
The OE Speed triple visor will fit 100% on the RS. Many folks have done it. I am ordering it soon. The puig one will need longer screws, I think 40mm rather than what comes in the box.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 15th February 2018 at 03:53.
Old 20th February 2018, 21:22   #87
BHPian

Well this conversation ends the option of getting the OEM windscreen for sure.

Came across this photo on Instagram and messaged the gentleman for his review. He was extremely honest about it. See below:

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1519141852.893180.jpg

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1519141900.603387.jpg

The search continues.

Rohan
RohanDheman is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 11:03   #88

Came across this Visor for the RS that looks more functional than the Triumph option. It seems to be available in every color of the rainbow.

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-rs-1.jpg

http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/product...BJ_ID=62700994
jmjmec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 20:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjmec View Post
Came across this Visor for the RS that looks more functional than the Triumph option. It seems to be available in every color of the rainbow.

http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/product...BJ_ID=62700994
Nearly twice as expensive as the Triumph one. No reviews on the efficiency. The triple is a naked bike with a compact front profile, whatever you add is just going to give minimal difference only.
Old 26th February 2018, 21:38   #90
BHPian

Just got the radiator guard for the RS. The mudguard is short from the back side near the radiator and the tyre ends up throwing everything in its way onto the radiator.
Aircraft grade aluminium with a matte black sandblasted finish. Unfortunately, the radiator covers on the side use Torx screws so I'll have to get the mounting done from outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-d1a8f0e1b9094dceb3c0d648ed6109b0.jpeg  

Triumph Street Triple RS launched at Rs. 10.55 lakh-422d874bfc6a47ac8d3474636bf45f09.jpeg  

Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks