Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 15:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Kawasaki Z900 RS (W800 replacement), now launched at 16.47 lakhs

After a motorcycle launch & 4 pages of posts, this is the first time where almost everyone is united in appreciating and drooling over the Z900RS. Not a single negative comment, well done Kawi. This also shows the there is a strong connect to retro styled/themed motorcycle and for all age groups.

As everyone else, I am too in love with the Z900RS. Once officially launched In India, and post a test ride, my Bonnie and Versys both will be on Sale to make way for Z900RS.
After going through some closeup pics from the Z900RS launch, i still feel the level and attention to detail on the Triumph's Modern Classic range aka T100, T120, bobber, Thruxton, etc is a notch higher but have always maintained they are highly overpriced. Whats will work in 900RS's favour is the smoothness of IL4 and price point. Hope they have a windscreen as an option for wind-protection and also to hide those hideous first generation Pulsar look-a-like instrument cluster housing.

Also the rear part of the seat looks bare with no grabrails. I am thinking how to take support point for some luggage frame/stays/bags. What is real relief is the presence of a center stand for chain maintenance. I am sold on this machine, a positive test ride is all that is required now and of-course sweet pricing. looking forward to it eagerly..

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th October 2017 at 15:33. Reason: para space added
nasirkaka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 15:12   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Once officially launched In India, and post a test ride, my Bonnie and Versys both will be on Sale to make way for Z900RS.

Really?? I'd say the amount you'd lose as a second sale is not worth that trade off. You have the benefit of two very accomplished and differently capable bikes in your garage right now. To trade them both for one retro Bike doesn't make sense.

The only plus I see is you're getting a proper in line 4 for the money but I'd still value having the ADV in the garage.

If you MUST, I'd say upgrade the Bonnie. An IL 4 retro is certifiably superior to the 5 speed Bonnie. But if you need to sell both to trade up I'd say status quo makes more sense.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th October 2017 at 19:36. Reason: ' -> '
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 15:59   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just my 2 cents.
I had bought Versys 650 to ride and explore India. Post 8 months after the purchase, i suffered a major heart attack, thank God am here writing this post today. Post this incident last year, things have changed from both, personal and family perspective. I am not able to do justice to Versys's capability and using is mostly to commute to office and weekend breakfast rides around Bangalore. I do not see my self doing those long rides in near future for which i had got the Versys. So would not mind letting it go.

Been drooling over Bonnie since 2008 and could not afford when it was eventually launched. Picked a used one last year and been riding it almost daily. Its a very nice bike with smooth engine and one of the best gearbox i have ever come across but lack of ABS is a major negative for me as i am used to bikes with ABS. Just this morning, almost had a fall when an idiot cut across the road and I had to grab the bakes. Bike skidded but i was doing around 50kmph and somehow managed to regain balance.

Also, maintaining two big bikes is not easy interns of time, money and effort. Air cooled Bonnie is a discontinued model so managing spares are difficult to. Personally, I see the Z900RS as a superb opportunity to suit my present requirement and an apt replacement for Versys and Bonnie. Smooth engine, IL4 exhaust note and retro looks to compensate the Bonnie, fully adjustable forks, ABS, traction and other aids, upright ergonomics to align to Versys. I know we can not really get the feel of two different types of motorcycle from one, but this Z900rs comes pretty close for my requirements.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th October 2017 at 19:37. Reason: Quoted post edited. Capitalization. Bonnie, Versys, i->I
nasirkaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 16:03   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had bought Versys 650 to ride and explore India.
We have had these discussions before. After using the Versys myself, I have now come to the conclusion that:

1. For multi purpose touring, get the cheapest lightest ADV bike possible AKA Himalayan/Duke 390 ADV/Baby GS. Throw it, break it, dual sport it, cart it in train for NE, Leh, Ladakh - No problems at all. I am no longer enthused about riding on 4 lane national highways for days together. Need some challenging terrain.

2. To crave big bike i4 experience, retro breakfast rides around town, and to generally keep oneself occupied with polishing something or the other, Get the z900 RS.

There is no 1 do it all bike unfortunately.

New goals

Last edited by Red Liner : 30th October 2017 at 16:12.
Red Liner is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 16:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. For multi purpose touring, get the cheapest lightest ADV bike possible AKA Himalayan/Duke 390 ADV/Baby GS. Throw it, break it, dual sport it, cart it in train for NE, Leh, Ladakh - No problems at all.

2. To crave big bike i4 experience, retro breakfast rides around town, and to generally keep oneself occupied with polishing something or the other, Get the z900 RS.

True!!
in my case, Option 1 is out post angioplasty.

So it is the option 2. Z900RS.
Old 30th October 2017, 16:10   #66
Senior - BHPian

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 16:28   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
We have had these discussions before. After using the Versys myself, I have now come to the conclusion that:

1. For multi purpose touring, get the cheapest lightest ADV bike possible AKA Himalayan/Duke 390 ADV/Baby GS. Throw it, break it, dual sport it, cart it in train for NE, Leh, Ladakh - No problems at all. I am no longer enthused about riding on 4 lane national highways for days together. Need some challenging terrain.

New goals
Well said. The Versys is highly capable and a stunning machine, but it is not usable from a light weight motorcycle perspective. I thought about the Versys for a long time before purchasing the Z900. So my Duke 390 stays for the rough-stuff/commute/park-it-anywhere duties and the Z900 for the big bike ownership and in-line four joy. I am set
Old 30th October 2017, 16:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

If you wanna drool over the detailing, then this...

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:16   #69
th2
BHPian

As of date OEM accessories appear to be quite limited -

https://www.kawasaki.eu/en/accessori...l=0188MjpRWFgr

No items related to touring.
Old 30th October 2017, 18:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

Mates should be aware that this will basically be a city run around leisure bike with occasional touring. Great detailing is the highlight of Sunday Runup bikes. I think people should look elsewhere if they want pure touring machines e.g. the Versys, which again is a great touring bike but cumbersome in the city and for short statured persons. But then in a straight line as well as corners, this will be much more exciting due to the fantastic in-line 4. As many have said before, there is no one Bike to control all aka the Ring... Lolz

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 30th October 2017 at 18:46.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 20:12   #71
BHPian

That is the motorcycle I want!!! What a beautiful machine!!! Inline 4, and a dash of classic old school design. #Kawasaki you guys have made a masterpiece!!
Old 30th October 2017, 20:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Since its not related to Z900RS, i would say skip both and get the 1000. No compromise because of the price at which the Ninja 1000 is sold today.
1000 vs Z900RS, i would pick Z900RS.
Are you referring to the Z1000 or the Ninja 1000? The Z1000 is no longer sold in my region. Z900 replaced both the 800 and 1000.
The Ninja is a different beast, not ridden the latest, but felt it was heavy, taller and could be less nimble than the Z. Appreciate the electronics, but seemed better suited for touring.

Z900 on the other hand was extremely footable, super light weight and very flick-able. The clutch pull was "stupid" light weight and the slipper gives great feedback. Heard the ABS version is very sensitive, but non ABS worked good for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
But between the two choices, i am leaning towards the striple RS. Unbelievable updates to what was a great bike already but you are looking close to paying the same as the 1000.
I felt otherwise. The RS was too stiff for me and I could feel all the imperfections on the road. Also considerable tall for me for comfort. I was tippy on one feet. Throttle was abrupt and steering felt heavy (maybe its a setup issue)

In this segment, my preference order is STriple R (LRH) --- Z900 --- FZ09---GSX S750

Last edited by mail4ajo : 30th October 2017 at 20:56.
Old 30th October 2017, 20:52   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by th2 View Post
No items related to touring.
Glad they didnt even try. They have a lot of motorcycles to cater to that demand. Z900RS will be good left alone.

Quote:
After a motorcycle launch & 4 pages of posts, this is the first time where almost everyone is united in appreciating and drooling over the Z900RS. Not a single negative comment, well done Kawi. This also shows the there is a strong connect to retro styled/themed motorcycle and for all age groups.
And I was also thinking - 4 pages is extremely rare in the superbike section of this forum. Isn't it?

That too, for a bike that is not announced for India till now.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 00:16   #74
BHPian

This bike wouldn't have appealed to me 5 years ago, but for some weird reason I love the looks. Guess I'm growing old But great job Kawi. Should sell very well if launched here - might cannibalize a bit of Bonneville sales. Its UJM vs. Brit classic again.

Another neo-retro Jap bike is the Honda CB1100 which also looks great but I wont be surprised if Honda price it stupidly in case they decide to launch it here. Yamaha's XSR900 is probably a different take. But for now, Kawasaki have scored.
Old 1st November 2017, 01:14   #75
Senior - BHPian

I have always wanted to Zed, not the new ones though. Always had a feeling that KAWASAKI will be out with one sooner or latter. For last few weeks i have been looking for bikes for my self priority being HONDA CB1100 and Kawasaki ZRX1200. But as this is out now I know what I am going to buy.

And just for viewing pleasure, me on a Original Zed 900 a few years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Z900 RS (W800 replacement), now launched at 16.47 lakhs-1378016_10151978755481495_948697969_n.jpg  

desideep is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks