Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2017, 09:16   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Kawasaki Z900 RS (W800 replacement), now launched at 16.47 lakhs

With the engine capacity coming close to litre class (948cc) - wonder what stopped them from calling it the Z1. Instead of Z900 Retro Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I would definitely consider this as my second bike and will never be a primary one as touring comfort is key for any future bike considerations
Would never match up with tourers like the Versys, but on its own - not a bad choice for those doing a little bit of touring. It seems to be having a very upright and comfortable riding stance, forward set footpegs almost like a commuter, a very relaxed compression ratio of 10.8:1 that should be kind to our fuel, a decent fuel tank capacity of 17 litres etc.

Only main concerns would be wind protection (as with most classics and cruisers) and the low 130mm ground clearance.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th October 2017 at 09:20.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 10:21   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah the naming convention is weird. Dont understand what is RS about the bike. Only RS I like is the suffix to a v

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Would never match up with tourers like the Versys, but on its own - not a bad choice for those doing a little bit of touring. It seems to be having a very upright and comfortable riding stance, forward set footpegs almost like a commuter, a very relaxed compression ratio of 10.8:1 that should be kind to our fuel, a decent fuel tank capacity of 17 litres etc.
Touring is possible in almost every bike. But, key point here is are you comfortable? I have toured plenty with my Bonnie and used to enjoy it and never realized that it was an "uncomfortable" bike to tour until I was exposed to Versys when suddenly all the Bonnie's flaws which are all well documented in my thread (Harsher front forks, low ground clearance and heavy weight) came into forefront in a stark manner

As long as you are not exposed to other motorcycles, we are always in our own blissful world..LOL!

Bonnie though smaller in size felt heavier than the Versys which is as you know is a massive bike with respect to overall dimensions and I feel Z900RS will also feel similar

Z900RS would be a wonderful acquisition for people who love to collect retros and also enjoy medium range (500kms type) riding

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th October 2017 at 10:23.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 11:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

RS stands for 'Retro Style' here, not 'Rally Sports', afaik... Lolz

This should be a great city run around bike with occasional long distance touring. Even though it's seat should be more than comfortable, proper long distance tourers need dedicated place for panniers, windscreen etc. Ground Clearance should not be a issue unless going intercontinental with off roads.

But just look at the bike, it's a total drool maal! Thruxton has some serious competition now.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 27th October 2017 at 11:12.
Old 27th October 2017, 12:08   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
RS stands for 'Retro Style' here, not 'Rally Sports', afaik... Lolz
"Retro Sport" as per Kawasaki YouTube channel.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 12:14   #35
BHPian

Looks like an amazing product and would work perfectly in a country like ours if they can increase the ground clearance a little bit. Kawasaki india is anyway known for their killer pricing now and they might bring this at a much lower price than the Bonnies and Harleys. And with the superb ultra smooth z900 engine this will be the ultimate motorcycle for wannabe Biker uncles/dudes in India who are around 40 or above.
The only things as per me that they could probably improve apart from the gc is the pillion seat which seems little small like typical Superbikes. A comfortable pilion seat would be a necessity for most in our country in this class of bikes
The second thing is instead of a single retro silencer they should have given twin silencers like the Bonnie and RD. Would have enhanced the looks and would have made it look much more like an ultra cool Retro Superbike
rashreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 13:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
.......... this will be the ultimate motorcycle for
(1) wannabe Biker (2) uncles/dudes in India who are (3) around 40 or above.
....err. I am probably all of the 3 above so quite impressed you figured out I would love this bike. Just curious though on why you thought these 3 criteria would apply for someone to find this as an 'ultimate motorcycle'?

Stunning piece of machinery and tech. This is how a motorcycle should look and perform.

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 14:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
....err. I am probably all of the 3 above so quite impressed you figured out I would love this bike. Just curious though on why you thought these 3 criteria would apply for someone to find this as an 'ultimate motorcycle'?

Cheers,
Sting
+1! I satisfy the first 2 criteria but I'm wayyy below 40. Will I be able to buy the motorcycle?

Sorry if I've missed it elsewhere, do we have a launch date for this stunning piece of machinery? I'd love to be present at the launch here in Bangalore, just to ogle at it.
Old 27th October 2017, 14:52   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Apparently bookings have begun with Anzen Bombay, for 25k. Expected OTR is under 11 Lakhs. Could be a super blockbuster price like the Ninja 1k. Text messages from the dealer has reached kawasaki owners there.

So the bike is here in India!
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 15:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now tempted to sell the Yamaha if this is happening. This is just RD350 in 2017 avtar.

I am a sucker for retro looks and with that inline 4 churning 100bhp, this is the perfect bike. Pop in the 190/55, a change in sprocket and i will be rocketing around town
Old 27th October 2017, 15:09   #40
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Apparently bookings have begun with Anzen Bombay, for 25k. Expected OTR is under 11 Lakhs. Could be a super blockbuster price like the Ninja 1k. Text messages from the dealer has reached kawasaki owners there.

Are you serious Red Liner! That's amazing news! Its not even been 2 full days since the launch and they have already started accepting bookings. Do you have any more info on this?
Old 27th October 2017, 15:17   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Are you serious Red Liner! That's amazing news! Its not even been 2 full days since the launch and they have already started accepting bookings. Do you have any more info on this?
Please reach out to Kyffin and he will be happy to take your first cheque for the booking
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 15:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
this will be the ultimate motorcycle for wannabe Biker uncles/dudes in India who are around 40 or above.
Really couldn't understand your 'wannabe' comment. You are lauding the bike in one breath and then this! Do I smell some buyers remorse from Z900 buyers? Just kidding... lolz. Enjoy your bike.

They really cannot price it over the Nina 1000. That just has too much tech going into it. I forecast a pricing between 8.18L to 8.98L ex-showroom for this 'Rally Sport'! Lets see.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 27th October 2017 at 15:25.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 15:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Please reach out to Kyffin and he will be happy to take your first cheque for the booking
Dears,
Is it seriously coming to India this year?

Initial news reports suggested next year launch.
http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...vealed/882462/
Old 27th October 2017, 16:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They really cannot price it over the Nina 1000
Alternatively they will aim straight at bonneville. The N1000 user here already does not feel like a good alternative for the kind of rides they want to do with the 1000.

Two different segments IMHO and hence the price above N1000 is still possible as long as other offerings in this segment is priced similarly.

This is a niche taste bike like for me. I would happily pay higher than N1000 for this bike. Its just Retro love.
Old 27th October 2017, 17:05   #45
BHPian

What a beauty of a bike!.

The right mix of retro and modern features. But then I always wonder why would one mix the two.

This bike has sleek lines but I think the Triumph T120 triumphs with the retro design. The inline 4 is unique, another bike which comes close to this is the Honda CB 1100, but that is not going to be launched in India anytime soon. If Honda does launch it here, it would have sold like hot cakes.

This Kwaker however may have issues with ground clearance and the beautiful, what looks like 4 into one, exhaust pipes scraping the speed bumps.

Other than that it looks super cool and very fetching, waiting for the pricing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks